To All Electonic Games Magazine Scanners....thank You (& A Special Offer)

Joseph4587

Thank you SOOOO much for working on these scans and sharing them with the rest of us.

I firmly believe that seeing this series completely scanned is important because of its significance to game magazine history and the sheer rarity of the issues that date back 25 to 30 years now. There is NO other magazine of this era that better defines the Retromags mission of preserving the past before it is lost forever is. I am extremely fortunate enough to own a complete set of magazines (minus a few pages missing in some) and would LOVE nothing more than to know that that they have ALL been scanned and preserved for future generations to see the first (and in my opiniopn best) American dedicated games magazine.

So, to that end, to Crookedmouth, Kitsune, Waremonger, and any of the other reputable scanners out there that have had work posted, I am willing to send (free of charge) any issue not done to be scanned provided it can be done in the immediate future (meaning a few weeks) and then sent back to me. I would do it myself, but I simply do not have the time or patience to sit there and get them in the quality that the ones before have been done in. This will be a standing offer that I will keep reminding people of.

This is another way that I can contribute to this awesome site. Please reply if interested so that we can take it offline to discuss the specifics.

Thanks again for all the great releases so far and I hope to hear from you.

Joseph

(AKA Vince4587)

Thank you SOOOO much for working on these scans and sharing them with the rest of us.

Thanks for the kind words! It's nice to know that there are some old geezers like myself who are appreciating the hard work put into preserving these issues. :lol:

So, to that end, to Crookedmouth, Kitsune, Waremonger, and any of the other reputable scanners out there that have had work posted, I am willing to send (free of charge) any issue not done to be scanned provided it can be done in the immediate future (meaning a few weeks) and then sent back to me. I would do it myself, but I simply do not have the time or patience to sit there and get them in the quality that the ones before have been done in. This will be a standing offer that I will keep reminding people of.

That's a very generous offer. I think between the three of us we have all the issues covered. If issues were needed I would be glad to take you up on your offer but I would want to finish scanning what I have first.

This is another way that I can contribute to this awesome site. Please reply if interested so that we can take it offline to discuss the specifics.

Thanks again for all the great releases so far and I hope to hear from you.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we definitely appreciate your offer of lending the magazines to be scanned, even if we may not need to take you up on it.

Thanks for the kind words! It's nice to know that there are some old geezers like myself who are appreciating the hard work put into preserving these issues. :lol:

That's a very generous offer. I think between the three of us we have all the issues covered. If issues were needed I would be glad to take you up on your offer but I would want to finish scanning what I have first.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we definitely appreciate your offer of lending the magazines to be scanned, even if we may not need to take you up on it.

I concur. Thank you for your kind words. And the lending of your magazines is generous even if it might not be necessary. I'm good for EG mags for a while. Once we all get to near the end of the first run, we shall see. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't others willing to help out so we can get this project finished sooner. Thanks again for your praise!

I agree that Electronic Games is the most important U.S. magazine from the early days of gaming and needs to be preserved above all others.

I am new and a relatively minor player here however I am committed to the cause.

Between Kitsune and Waremonger, they apparently have a complete run. Yes! :)

I will scan my meager 5 issues to help in the project but this will most likely take awhile due to life in general.

Anyway as they said, thank you for the generous offer. Who knows maybe it will come down to it and I'll have to take you up on it. :)