What Is Gamestop Thinking?

OK, Kotaku has a news post about the new Wii bundles that Gamestop is offering.  Sure them offering bundles is not a bad thing but, um, with games, not like they are doing it.

summerfun.jpg

Something is clearly amiss, to put it lightly, at GameStop corporate, as evidenced by the game retailers latest Wii promotional bundles. One comes with a squirt gun, the other with a rubber ducky. You know, for... bathing, maybe?

Whether GameStop has simply found itself with a few thousand squirt guns and plastic ducks unexpectedly, or its simply trying to score a post on Kotaku pointing out how batshit insane this is, these two bundles are of questionable purpose. Value, yes, as you're essentially getting a rubber ducky for free. But the Nintendo Wii Summer Fun Bundle and the far more suggestive Nintendo Wii Take a Bath with a Buddy Bundle are curious in their need to exist.

Oh, and there's another Wii bundle with a pirate tattoo sleeve. What.

Remember, there is a strict limit of two per household!

So, Gamestop is promoting bathing with a buddy huh?  Anyone have any, er, clean, thoughts on this?

I heard they had one with Pirate Tattoos as well.

Anyway the reason they are doing this is because it's so retarded that people will actually go to their site because of what people are saying about this crappy promotion. It gets people in the site and every few people that go there might actually buy something.

I just wanted to let everyone here know that I just got my Rubber Ducky Bundle. It's great only problem was I played with my Wii and Duck while I was in the bathtub now my Wii does not work. Anyone know what I might have done wrong or how to fix it?

I just wanted to let everyone here know that I just got my Rubber Ducky Bundle. It's great only problem was I played with my Wii and Duck while I was in the bathtub now my Wii does not work. Anyone know what I might have done wrong or how to fix it?

You KNOW that there is some dumb @$$ out there for real that would have done this too....

• Retromags Curator

It's simple. Just remove the Duck from your Wii, and it should begin to function properly. :P

Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist... :)

*huggles*

Areala

• 3 months later...