Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time

Phillyman

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this was probably the first game I was ever able to beat, which was extremely convenient at the time because I had been totally inundated with Turtle-mania.

It's disappointing to me to play the NES Turtles games now, if only because none of the even touch this game.

• 1 year later...

Fun game, though the series did end up getting easier with each entry. This is actually the first of the four that I could beat on my own.

Also, my cousin and I got a roll of quarters and beat this in the arcade the first time we saw it, heh.

Haha yeah, my sister and I beta this game on the hardest difficulty without much trouble. Still, sick game and really fun. Thanks for the scans!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

My brother and I picked this up when it was released during the summer of 1992 and beat it on hard mode the first night.  That said, of course we were utilizing the two-player mode.  I've now owned the game for 24 years and have not beaten the game in nearly that long because apparently I suck playing alone!

Great game, though.  And despite certain details; sounds, art, and frames of animation lost in the transition from arcade to Super NES, I find that the cartridge version just plays better.  The moves are more precise and the fact that there are fewer frames of character animation make the action to flow better for some reason.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...