First Video Game Console You Bought?

Phillyman

My first video game console was the PlayStation sometime around 1997 or so. I remember it came with the Squaresoft Final Fantasy VII demo disc, but technically the first video game console I bought was an Xbox 360. Took me months to save up money for that thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The first system I remember was the Atari 2600 my dad had, then the Sega Master System and then NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64 and PS1. Those were all family owned systems. After high school the first system I ever bought for myself was GBA, then GCN, PS2, DS, Wii, PS3, and my most recent is the 3DS. And since I've been doing the retro game thing I've acquired a new SNES and NES (both lost due to an inconsiderate brother) a Sega Genesis and Dreamcast.

First console I got was the gray NES without the powerpad.

First console I saved up and bought on my own was a Playstation 1. I only had the playstation Underground 3 or 4 demo disk to play for the first two months before I could afford a game.

Similar thing happened with the PS2. I could only afford the console and the first Resident Evil movie for the first month.

First system parents bought me was a VCS back in 82' then they bought me a NES back in 86'.

First system I actually purchased for myself was a SNES and a Gameboy.

Systems owned and/or played over the years.

VCS (owned)

Colecovision (played)

Vectrex (played)

Adam (played)

Intellivison ((played)

NES (Owned)

Sega Master (played)

SNES (Still Own)

Genesis (Still Own)

TurboGrafx-16 (owned)

TurboDuo (Owned regret selling this one)

PSX (Owned)

PS2 (still own)

XBOX (Still own)

PS3 (Still Own)

Xbox 360 (Owned)

Atari 7800 (Played)

Atari 5200 (played)

Sega Saturn (still Own)

Dreamcast (still own)

Atari Jaguar (owned)

Atari Lynx (still own)

Sega Game Gear (still own)

I've owned every version of Game Boy and DS except 3DS

Neo Geo Pocket (Owned)

C64 (played)

Amiga (Played)

Magnavox Odyssey (Played)

Pong (played)

• 2 months later...

My first console was Game and Watch (1991), but the first console that i bought with my own money was Terminator2 (NES clone) Endingman1_s.jpg

Im not sure about year, but i think it was like 1995,yeah, playstation year :D, but back in the day no1 know what is playstation. I think the first playstation arived in my town in 1997-98.

Original NES was just more rare than the Stadium Events :D

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ahh the memories from the title of this thread....

My first game console was the Nintendo Entertainment System. I definitely miss that little gray box with the flap, and blowing into it and the cartridge to get some games to operate properly. First video game I remember playing when i was a kid on the NES was the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt dual cart--freaking epic times on that with my sister and friends.

I definitely have more fond memories of my second console though, the SNES, but I think that's just because I was older and able to remember more stuff though.

First that I remember purchasing at the behest of my parents was definitely the original Game Boy Pocket. Red little guy I had to really beg for but it was totally worth it. Late night sessions of Street Fighter 2 and my mom screaming at me to turn my "damn game down" because I had the volume all the way up on Super Mario Land 2...priceless memories haha!

• 9 months later...

Atari 2600 then a Colecovision never had an intellivision though

Same here. I actually still have my Atari 2600. I haven't plugged it in in a long time. I am going to have to dig it out and see if it still works. I know the games are dated but I still have great memories.