Favorite Movie Of All Time?

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator
What is your favorite movie of all time? Mine was Demolition Man for the longest time......but now I am constantly finding myself watching Lord of the Rings.

Superman: The Movie. If I was stranded on a desert island somewhere, that would be the movie I'd have with me. Best superhero film ever made. :)

*huggles*

Areala

I watched some excellent movies in my life, but how could I do such an categorical affirmation?

There are a plenty of movies I didn't watched yet, so I think there isn't only one for me B)

Anyway, till now I think it was Catwoman, with the talented Halle Berry's performance.

:lol::P :P :lol: :lol:

Now seriously, recently I watched Scarface, and it was pretty cool B)

• 3 weeks later...

Once Upon a Time in America is currently my favourite movie, as much for Ennio Morricone's beautiful soundtrack as for Sergio Leone's script and direction. Robert De Niro and the rest of the cast are so good too.

My favourite movie does change from time to time depending on my mood though and past favourite's include Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life and Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums. There's a short scene in the Royal Tenenbaums where Gwyneth Paltrow gets off a bus in slow motion, with a Nico tune playing in the background, which blow's me away every time. :)

I'd have to say Chungking Express by Wong Kar Wai.

The first time I've seen it was about a year or so ago after seeing it in many peoples "must see" movie list.

Didn't know anything about it and the movie is not very heavy on plot, but focusses on atmosphere and changing relationships.

For some reason it's very close to my heart and when people ask the question about what's my favourite movie, that one always jumps into my mind first.

It's very hard to pick just one, but for the longest, mine was The Dead Poets Society. Most days that will still be my favorite, but The Last Samurai creeps up there every now and then.....as well as The Shawshank Redemption....sometimes Braveheart....

Today I'd say Dead Poets Society. :)

There's some good choices here, and some of them are definitely among my fave movies: Chungking Express, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, etc.

But my all time fave movie has to be Carlito's Way. Directed superbly by Brian de Palma, with fine acting from both Pacino and Penn. I just fell for the great direction, acting, set pieces... that haunting, sombre music score. And that pool scene and breathtaking finale just clinched it for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...