What Retro Consoles & Handhelds Do You Still Own?

Phillyman

My Retro game console collection isn't what it used to be. I've still got an old Brick model Game Boy, and a NES and a Genesis which I can't hook up to my TV because I don't have the right cables. I'm strongly considering getting the NES/SNES combo unit that's on ThinkGeek - as that one's got Composite and S-Video hookups.

Before you do that, if you happen to have an N64 video cable, it will fit into the back of the SNES. The NES can hook up via an RCA cord(I think that's the correct term?) through the side. All you need is a red and yellow(or possibly white). Should save some cash if you happen to have any of those things lying around!

My Collection:

Console

NES

SNES

N64

Handheld

Gameboy

Gameboy Color

Nintendo DS (not retro by definition, but I own several GBA games for it)

I plan to pick up a GameCube and start a collection on some Metroid and other GC games, but for now, that's all I have.

I don't play any of them regularly, but I do have my SNES hooked up to my main Home Theater, and my wife and I will occasionally play something. She's into Yoshi's Island and Joe & Mac, and I'm into everything. I mostly play Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Super Mario World, Contra 3, and like games on it.

More than anything, I love my XBox 360, and I've been trying to find more retro games to download on the XBLA because it's so much easier to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PSX

PS2

i wish i still had my old consoles, i use to be a collector then i gave all my old consoles away to my little cousin who irresponsibility takes care of it now. i use to have

N64

SNES

NES

with that i would be having 5 consoles right now but sadly i only have 3, PSX > PS2 > PS3

I've learned over the years not to let anyone borrow, or give away my systems; they never take good enough care of them! :sad:

I've learned that the HARD WAY! I let my cousin borrow FF7 and Xenogears, the mutherfucker lost Disc 2 for FF7 and the Disc 1 for Xenogears. Luckily, i still had hope, one video game still pulled through for me, no matter what and stayed with me throughout the years, BFM.

My other cousin obviously just dumped my old consoles and it was never seen again.

Now, as i got older and these new punk ass youngsters and their high end graphics whore games and high definition game consoles started to invade the VG World, I'm only now realizing that i need to reunite myself with the "Veterans".

and looking for these old but true classic treasure consoles is like looking for a long lost relative you never met :sad:

Yeah, some systems are hard to find or really costly when you do find them. It pays to hang on to them for dear life.

My younger brothers(they're twins) used to take my games to GameStop while I was at school and trade them in for stupid games like Harry Potter and YuGiOh. So long FFVII, Gran Turismo 2, and N64 with all the good games. I could've killed them!

Now I have the Wii though, with a lot of the games available through VC, so the tension has finally died down! :P

Yeah, some systems are hard to find or really costly when you do find them. It pays to hang on to them for dear life.

My younger brothers(they're twins) used to take my games to GameStop while I was at school and trade them in for stupid games like Harry Potter and YuGiOh. So long FFVII, Gran Turismo 2, and N64 with all the good games. I could've killed them!

Now I have the Wii though, with a lot of the games available through VC, so the tension has finally died down! :P

I'm iffy about getting a Wii because theres too many damn accessories to buy if i'm gonna be a collector, and it sucks your siblings traded off your RetroConsoles, if i was in your situation i would of put them in a locked cabinet and take the key everywhere i go.

I've learned that the HARD WAY! I let my cousin borrow FF7 and Xenogears, the mutherfucker lost Disc 2 for FF7 and the Disc 1 for Xenogears. Luckily, i still had hope, one video game still pulled through for me, no matter what and stayed with me throughout the years, BFM.

My other cousin obviously just dumped my old consoles and it was never seen again.

Now, as i got older and these new punk ass youngsters and their high end graphics whore games and high definition game consoles started to invade the VG World, I'm only now realizing that i need to reunite myself with the "Veterans".

and looking for these old but true classic treasure consoles is like looking for a long lost relative you never met :sad:

I'd be mad. I'd want cash. I'd want redemption. I'd want to put one deep scratch on the inside of his favorite game so it never plays again.

I hate how people leave their games piled up on the floor. There's no respect and kids like that should pay for their own games.

• 1 month later...

I still own:

NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy Color, N64, Playstation, XBOX

I used to own:

Atari 5200 (though I barely remember it), Game Gear (which you can't select as your favorite retro console, even though you can Game Boy!), Game Boy, PS2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got these...

- NES

- SNES

- TG-16

- GBA (I don't have any handheld more recent... I still use it to play old Gameboy carts)

- Dreamcast (first console I ever bought myself)

- Gamecube

- PS2 (if this even counts... this is the newest/most recent console I've acquired)

My roommate has a Genesis although neither of us really get any use out if it.

• 3 months later...

Intellivision

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis

Sega CD 1st version

Sega 32X

Sega Dreamcast

Nintendo

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Gamecube

Nintendo Wii

PSX

PS3

Xbox

Xbox 360

Neo Geo

Atari Jaguar

Turbografx

Turbografx CD

Atari Lynx 1st version

Gameboy Advance

Nintendo DS

Nintendo DSi

Intellivision

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis

Sega CD 1st version

Sega 32X

Sega Dreamcast

Nintendo

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Gamecube

Nintendo Wii

PSX

PS3

Xbox

Xbox 360

Neo Geo

Atari Jaguar

Turbografx

Turbografx CD

Atari Lynx 1st version

Gameboy Advance

Nintendo DS

Nintendo DSi

oops forgot PSP

• 1 month later...

i own these consoles,handhelds and computers and try to play on any 1 of them everyday

A

ACORN ELECTRON

ACORN ARCHIMEDES A3000

ACORN ARCHIMEDES A3010

AMSTRAD CPC 464 x2

AMSTRAD CPC 6128

AMSTRAD GX4000)boxed but tatty)

APPLE IIe

ATARI 1040 STE

ATARI 520 STFM x2

ATARI 2600 (six switch)

ATARI 2600 (junior)

ATARI XE GAMES SYSTEM

C

COMMODORE 16 x2

COMMODORE 16+4 x3

COMMODORE 64 x3

COMMODORE 64 MK2 x3(1 is the night moves/minbenders edition complete and boxed)

COMMODORE VIC20 (badged VC20)

COMMODORE AMIGA 500 x4(2 of which are early red power light models)

COMMODORE AMIGA 500+

COMMODORE AMIGA 600

N

NINTENDO 64 x3

NINTENDO DS LITE x5

NINTENDO GAME BOY,POCKET,COLOUR x2,ADVANCE AND SP x2

NINTENDO GAME CUBE x4

NINTENDO NES x2

NINTENDO SNES x5,STREET FIGHTER 2 AND STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO BOXED EDITIONS

P

PHILIPS VIDEOPAC G7000 x2

S

SEGA DREAMCAST x5

SEGA GAME GEAR x2

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM 2

SEGA MEGA DRIVE 1 x5(1 is the early hi-defenition model)

SEGA MEGA DRIVE 2 x3(1 is complete and boxed)

SEGA MEGA CD 2(complete and boxed)

SEGA SATURN x2(2 different models)

SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM 16K x2

SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM 48K x4(2x rubber keyed and 2x hard plastic heatsink keys(i think)

SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM 128K +2 x3(1 made in uk and 2 made in taiwan)

SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM +3

SINCLAIR QL

SONY PLAYSTATION x5 ALL 5 ARE DIFFERENT VERSIONS

SONY PLAYSTATION ONE

SONY PLAYSTATION 2 x2

SONY PLAYSTATION 3

SONY PSP x2

also these

a binatone mk10 colour tv game(complete and boxed)

2x adman grandstands (cant remember the model numbers both working,both boxed but not complete)

coleco alien attack (orange tabletop game)

frogger (yellow tabletop game)

and i just bought an xbox360 and a dsi for my sons so i do sort of own them in a way

i think thats all of them

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i keep everything in my loft as that is the only space big enough to keep it all and with over 750 maybe closer to 800 games and loads of other accessories and extras ive just started to use the cupboard under the stairs,ive already put another zx spectrum +2 and a load of different amstrad magazines under the stairs,soon ill have to kick out the kids so i can take over the whole house HA HA ;) .

• 2 weeks later...