What Are Peoples Opinions On Scan Dvds?

Psycho36

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-OFFICIAL-NINTEND...93%3A1|294%3A50

whilst searching ebay for retro magazines i constantly come across things like this. my question is, what do people think of buying one of these and just using the scans?

also, how do people feel about making one of our own, a DVD with every scan on the website to be sold by phillyman, with profits being used to pay the costs and to buy that ridiculous £300 ultra rare magazine that everyone on the site is just dying to see. this could also be a way of encouraging people to buy a premium account, offering the incentive of a DVD with a couple of handpicked magazines which are voted the best individual retro magazines of all time.

The idea of buying one of those DVD's and using the scans is against the rules here.  We try to keep any trouble to a minimum and going out and putting up someone else's scans is a no no (we some guy who is no longer here, fruitarcade or something, that did that-he was asked to leave for other reasons but later we found out he was stealing scans).  If you don't scan it yourself or get permission from the original scanner then please, don't bother posting it here, especially as your own.  If you get permission from the original scanner, that is a different story (but with these DVD's how do you know you are dealing with the original scanner?  That is why we ask members to not even support these resellers).

The second part of your original post is also against what we stand for here at Retromags.  We are scurting the law just by putting these issues up, I have discussed various things with a lot of people that were there to produce these magazines and most are understanding and even supportive but only barely.  If we went out and were selling DVD's of their work, I know the reception I receive, while cold, would be even colder due to the selling of their works.

We are working very closely with a couple of the people responsible for some of these works and will be making a major announcement about that in a week or two.