Questions About Nintendo Power

SgtKellogg

Hello all,

First I would like to acknowledge this as my first post in this forum. I feel privileged to be part of a dedicated community of gaming enthusiasts who share my passion for video games. (Especially Nintendo!)

This post is about a large stack of Nintendo Power magazines that found their way back to me recently. They start from August, 1994 (Earthworm Jim is on the cover!) and end in August, 2004. Weird coincidence, but it is exactly ten years of Nintendo Power! :Yahooo: Well not exactly, :unsure: , becuase 13 of the 120 are missing, leaving me with 107. The set is not complete but it is large.

Here are some questions I have:

1. Are any of these issues something that this forum would like me to scan and upload?

2. What is the value of this set?

Here is the complete stats of the set:

Volume Numbers I do have:

63 - 79

81 - 96

98 - 121

126 - 150

152 - 158

161 - 168

171 - 173

176 - 178

180 - 182

I know that the earlier ones are more coveted (honestly they were a lot better than the current ones) but other than that I'm not sure what to think of its value. The condition of them varies from excellent to average. I removed many of the posters (to hang on my wall B) ) but I still have them.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

• 2 weeks later...
I know that the earlier ones are more coveted (honestly they were a lot better than the current ones) but other than that I'm not sure what to think of its value. The condition of them varies from excellent to average. I removed many of the posters (to hang on my wall B) ) but I still have them.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

I don't know much about value. But if I had to put a price on issues it would be a dollar each on Ebay if you could prove they were all in very fine condition. Of course some book stores will pay a little more or a little less but they usually only take a select few.

And I wouldn't say the old ones are better. A person holds an item to a higher regard at different stages in there life. My personal example was between 1990 and 1996 when I was a young gaffer, I read EGM almost monthly.

Fast forward to the year 2110. I'll bet all game issues between 1990 and 2009 would be of equal interest.