Official Playstation Magazine Issue 47

Icarus

Hi,

I am currently taking an Summer English Course at the Santa Rosa Junior College. My most recent essay assignment is an extended review as well as a compare and contrast of multiple... things... as my professor stated it. My choice: The series that defined me as a person, Final Fantasy. She didn't put a cap on this and to date the essay itself is rather lengthy, unfortunately i have run into a dilemma.

I need a hard written source. I remembered when i was younger an issue that the Official Playstation Magazine had released that covered the entire history of the genre. After spending hours on the internet searching for the issue itself i found it to be the 47th issue released on Aug. 1st. Unfortunately i have no way to access this issue but would like to integrate it into my essay.I need it and i need it soon, but i am having trouble acquiring it.

So i come here asking help from anyone that would have a copy of this issue for scans of the original article and anything final fantasy related within it. Final Fantasy is by far my favorite genre, it helped me get over the death of my grandfather by giving me something to take my mind off of things until i was ready to cope. I want to really do the series justice since even to this day few people consider Video Games a medium for art and a vessel to carry ideas. My Professor was very skeptical of the plausibility of a good essay being written on the subject, i just want to prove her wrong, and any assistance i could get would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Icarus

Hello Icarus.

First up, may I ask, do you mean the US or UK edition of the Official Playstation Magazine?

I THINK I have issue 47 somewhere, of the UK magazine.

If it's not issue 47 of the UK edition, I'm fairly sure that I have the edition of the UK mag which does include the article on RPGs, I believe they also did similair articles on beat ups and racing games.

The only problem is, how to get it to you, especially if you live anywhere other than the UK.

I don't have a scanner, unfortunately.

I guess if there are specific excerpts you want I could type them out, or potentially photocopy some of the pages in work and mail them to you, if you do live in the UK.

Probably best to PM me if you want to get back in touch.

Additionally, you may find some RPG links from this site which may be of use:

www.gamespy.com/network