Ever Skipped A Generation?

Sky10w10w

Have you ever skipped a generation of gaming?

I was a hardcore gamer during the 8 and 16-bit eras. But I skipped out during the 32/64-bit era in which the Saturn, PS1, and N64 competed against one another. Why? First, I wanted to take my studies more seriously; I spent too much time playing games during elementary school. Second, I had a PC to do high school work on, so I didn't need a new console in order to play the latest video games. Third, at first I wasn't sure which console would be a good investment, although I later came to want the PS1 over the N64 since the latter was a terrible choice if you were partial to 2D fighters.

Lets put it this way since I've been born no I have not skipped a generation. I did miss a few of them I guess you could say. I've never played a Channel F or any of the different versions of the Odyssey but I've played many different versions of Pong. So anything starting with VCS and on to today no I have not skipped a generation. I'm too big of a VG Dork to do that.

I was rockin an N64. I paid full price for all of Nintendo's in-house games. I bought Saturn and skipped the PS1.

I bought Dreamcast on the release day and supported them for 3 years then never bought another console. I bought a computer and followed the emulation scene religiously.

So Playstation 1 to present. (except Dreamcast)