Kid Icarus!

Sky10w10w

Would you like to see a new Kid Icarus game?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a new Kid Icarus game?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's Kid Icarus?

I must say that Kid Icarus has always been one of my favourite games for the original Nintendo. I think it's a shame that there hasn't been a Kid Icarus sequel since Pit appeared on the original Gameboy.

Nintendo seems to remember Kid Icarus to the extent that they incorporate Pit into Super Smash Bros games, but why not develop a new game for him? I'd rather see a new Kid Icarus game than another Donkey Kong game!

You can check out a game called NyxQuest, while not a sequel or connected to Kid Icarus in anything but game setting it is often referred to as a Kid Icarus for Wiiware.

http://unnamedgamingvideos.fliggo.com/video/13NiPMgM  (video)

http://www.overthetopgames.com/  (developer's site)

I have an interview with additional exclusive pics and game information for their US launch coming on UnNamedGaming.com for those interested.

I recently named a top 10 NES games for another site and listed Kid Icarus at #2. I love that game. I'm always playing through it every now and then. I absolutely hated the GB game tho. If anyone's interested, here's my complete top 10 NES games:

10. Ninja Gaiden II - Loved the intro! The story was pretty good, too. The level effects were awesome. Totally dark level with lightning strikes, wind effects, fighting on a moving train = Greatness!

09. Gun.Smoke - Talk about great soundtracks! This game rocked in the early levels.

08. Tecmo Super Bowl - Before Madden, this was THE football game. The first Tecmo Bowl was good, but this one just expanded everything to epic proportions. 8 plays instead of 4, every NFL team (at the time), and onside kicks really made you feel like you were playing football. My friends and I played this game relentlessly.

07. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - I agree with everything you said about this game, but I had the Tyson version and loved to hate that character. I was pretty good at it for a while until I got to Soda Popinski. That guy beat me quite a few times. One night, my friend and I found out about the Tyson code and tried to beat him. After about 30 tries, we gave up. When I finally did beat him I really felt like I had accomplished something.

06. Castlevania III - I have all three, but this one was the first that I beat. I loved the fact that you could recruit different characters to your story depending on which road you chose to take. The music and sound effects were top notch.

05. Super Mario Bros. 3 - I loved 2, but when 3 came out, it blew my mind. I'd rather play 3 than any other NES Mario title, so it gets the nod here.

04. Mega Man 2 - I had 1-3, but this one takes the cake. The music, the bosses, the fortress...everything in 2 was 10x better than any other Mega Man game to me.

03. Ninja Gaiden - This was the first game I played with cinema cut scenes and I loved it. Played this game forever. At one time, I started recording the cut scenes to a vhs tape. Never did finish that tape, but I finally did finish the game. To date, beating this game was my single greatest NES accomplishment.

02. Kid Icarus - I don't know what it is about this game, but I can not stop playing it. I've beaten it 100+ times and everytime, I can't wait to hit start so I can play through it again.

01. Legend of Zelda - What can you say about the 1st game in the greatest game series of all time? Quite frankly, nothing that hasn't already been said. This one speaks for itself.

Pretty good list, nickerous. It's good to see someone who has some different games than the usual in their top 10.

I would pay $50 for a new Kid Icarus game! Whether it was new graphics or old. Either way, it'd be fun!

I'd liken a new game to playing as Pit in Brawl in the Subspace Emissary Kid Icarus level, except better with more substance.

You can check out a game called NyxQuest, while not a sequel or connected to Kid Icarus in anything but game setting it is often referred to as a Kid Icarus for Wiiware.

http://unnamedgamingvideos.fliggo.com/video/13NiPMgM  (video)

http://www.overthetopgames.com/  (developer's site)

I have an interview with additional exclusive pics and game information for their US launch coming on UnNamedGaming.com for those interested.

That game looks great! Thanks for informing me about it

Your welcome, I have been working closely with OtTG and the stuff not shown in the video or in pics so far is simply awesome.  Well worth the price they plan on asking for it in the US.

Will the game go by a different name when it is released in North America? Also, what is meant by the term 'Wii Ware'? Does that mean the game will be sold on optical media, or that it will only be available for purchase over Nintendo's online network?

If I had a Wii, this would be the first game I'd get for the console.

I have never played this game, maybe I will need to pick up a copy from Ebay this week?

If you are a fan of oldschool Nintendo, you should DEFINITELY check it out. I'd pay up to $10 for a complete copy of it (the instruction booket is nice, elaborating on the Greek mythology rampant throughout the game)

• 2 weeks later...
I must say that Kid Icarus has always been one of my favourite games for the original Nintendo. I think it's a shame that there hasn't been a Kid Icarus sequel since Pit appeared on the original Gameboy.

Nintendo seems to remember Kid Icarus to the extent that they incorporate Pit into Super Smash Bros games, but why not develop a new game for him? I'd rather see a new Kid Icarus game than another Donkey Kong game!

I don't have a link to it (I will try to find it) but the reason Pit was in SSB was because they were in serious talks to make a new Pit game (in the vein of Mario Galaxy) as well as some kind of upgraded re-release of the original.

Sadly I haven't heard anything else about it since soon after SSB came out.

The original Kid Icarus was actually fun and challenging. You do not normally get both. Beating it was like trying to beat Contra on only 3 guys. Trust me, about 99.9% of the world is spoiled by the 99 guy code and you don't realize just how easy it is to get hit by a stray bullet.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone I know who truly enjoys gaming would like to see a new Kid Icarus game, so the interest is there...perhaps Nintendo is developing one as we speak. The original was never an easy game...although I have not played it a whole lot, I have still yet to beat the game...lol...if a new one is produced, I would love for it to be as difficult as the original. Anyone else here feel that Kid Icarus was actually a difficult game to beat or am I alone in this?

I could never really get into it the original Nes game. I've tried many times to like it, but I just don't find what is so great about it. But I would like to see a remake. Now if Nintendo could just give us a new Donkey Kong adventure like on the N64.

• Like 1