Tv Or Movie Based Games That Should Have Been

8bitforever

I know that most t.v. or movie based games are crap, but there are so many that did not get made that could have been great. I think an A-Team game would have been cool. Or how about a game based on Thundarr the Barbarian? Let me know what you think would have been a good game. Of course I am talking about old movies or t.v. shows, we are in the retro game section. Thundercats anyone?

I believe there was an A-Team game for the Atari 2600 generation (I say generation since I can't remember exactly what system). It would be cool if they made a newer one similar to GTA, except you go around and meet up with people needing help (or see someone getting beat up or whatever and help them) to get missions and then have to salvage parts and such from the game world.

Thundercats could have been cool if they would have made one, I always invisioned some kind of game like Blades of Vengeance on Genesis or Strider for it.

He-Man would have been cool too (the old Atari 2600 generation one is pretty bad if I remember correctly and the GBA version that came out awhile back isn't much better), again, something like Strider or Blades of Vengeance and let it rip.

Where is my Voltron game? Or Go-Bots? Or where is the digitized fighter version of Double Dragon with Alyssa Milano in a similar fashion to how they did Street Fighter The Movie?

• 5 weeks later...

I have never really been a fan of games that originated from a television show or a movie--they all seem to feel too contrived (although Goldeneye for the N64 was damn good) but I would love to see a fighter involving the He-Man/She-ra universe. If such a game were developed, I'd prefer they use the old designs from the 80's and not the recent ones from the 2000s.

I'd love to see game's based on Fat Albert, Home Movie's and The Hair Bear Bunch.

These three are some of my favourite cartoon's of all time and I think either one would be great as a Lucas Art's type point and click game.

I'd also like to see a South Park game. I know there have been quite a few already but a good one would be nice for a change. It's a criminal waste of such a good cartoon.

Good thread.Actually there was a Thunder Cats computer game for the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64.

I always thought it was odd that Mad Max and Road Warrior didn't get a game. Seems like a no-brainer. The cage-match in Thunderdome would have been cool to try to make too. It could have broken up the Car sequences.

Disney made a great movie named Dragonslayer around 1980. This should have had a game tie-in. Great movie, if you haven't seen it check it out.

Though technically a book, after Conan the Barbarian came out, only one game was produced. It was a decent platform game but I always thought Conan was an underutilized IP. There should have been more action adventure or even RPG games.

I don't expect most of you to know this one but I hope at least one of you does.

Vytor: Starfire Champion for the NES with a Zelda style game play is what I always wanted.

Unfortunately this series never made it past the pilot series even though they had a full series and toys planned out. Here is a clip to help spark your memory just in case you might have forgotten this if you've seen it.

OTID16MGaow

grr... I don't remember how to do youtube videos so here is the link. Feel free to fix this if you know how to make the change.

Guest liying

www.banned.com is a wonderful website!

Believe a lot of people will lvoe it after browse it.

Go there and have a try.

Maybe you will find the things you are looking for!

Good thread.Actually there was a Thunder Cats computer game for the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64.

I always thought it was odd that Mad Max and Road Warrior didn't get a game. Seems like a no-brainer. The cage-match in Thunderdome would have been cool to try to make too. It could have broken up the Car sequences.

Disney made a great movie named Dragonslayer around 1980. This should have had a game tie-in. Great movie, if you haven't seen it check it out.

Though technically a book, after Conan the Barbarian came out, only one game was produced. It was a decent platform game but I always thought Conan was an underutilized IP. There should have been more action adventure or even RPG games.

There's a road warrior game for the Nes. It's not very good though.

• Retromags Curator

MacGruber, there's a game called Sunset Riders, but I don't think it has any link to the movie.

I was gonna say He-Man! they also really need a solid Transformers game. I haven't played the latest for 360, but it looks like it might be promising if it's done right..

They made a Masters of the Universe game called "The Power of He-Man" for the 2600. Imagine a more difficult version of the 2600's Empire Strikes Back where it was entirely possible to lose all 3 of your lives in under 5 minutes, and you'll understand why the less that is said about this game, the better. :)

*huggles*

Areala