How Do You Display Your Games?

bombatomba

I've decided that my Sauder junk is no longer adequate for displaying my systems and games. I have one large shelf and one smaller one for games (both Sauder), and one large one for systems. I really want to build new displays for all my stuff, but I'm bankrupt in the idea department currently. I'd really like to see some examples, but I couldn't find anything on the Internet (Google has finally failed me!). Pictures would be great.

I built these shelves in a room out of scavenged plywood and scrap pieces. You'll need a cordless drill for pre-drilling holes. Then you screw blocks into the studs and the plywood get's pre-drilled and then screwed to the blocks. It's more secure if you cut the gypsum out the exact size of the blocks. You will also need at least a skill saw or better would be a jig-saw and table saw. 2 and 3 inch screws and a couple hours per shelf.

If this is out of the question then I suggest you go scavenging garage sales for a pre-made shelf unit. Personal I like using materials I have lying around. And it's permanent.

1-13.jpg2-10.jpg3-11.jpg4-2.jpg

I've reorganized my collection (I used to have my NES games on one of those cheap CD display frames; looked horrible) so that the all my game (almost) fit onto my current two Sauder shelves. This is temporary, and while I scour southeast Michigan garage sales for a table saw (and my Dad does the same for Mid Michigan), I'm using an old program to help maximize my space. It's a bit of a challenge, but I need to get it done before classes start.

On a second note, I'm really starting to like the display that is featured on the front page of The Video Game Console Library. Umm, here's a pic:

vgclmainpagehs.jpg

Thanks, Jake, and anymore ideas would be helpful.

Wow, I didn't know what you meant by sauder until I seen these shelves. This is like a trophy case. If I was you I'd go to Home Depot and look on their shelving isle. They have pre cut MDF boards at 16 inches wide by 10 or 20 feet long and less wide. It's cheap too. I bet you could get 40 linear feet for under 35 bucks. This could build 2 shelve units with five actual slots and a frame.

This is what the white stuff looks like. You can build anything structural with it.

DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpgDSC_0008.jpg