Describe Your Dream Game Room!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Right now I am in a 1 bedroom apartment (625sq), I have 6 computers and over 700 video game magazines. As such my girl and me will be looking to buy a house in the very near future. I have explained to her that she can have the ENTIRE house and decorate it however she likes, all I want is the basement (cellar). I want the basement to be turned into a game room, I have grand visions of how I would like it to look.

1 Pinball Machine

1 Slot Machine

1 Dart Board

1 Mini Fridge

2 LCD TV's (42+) One on a stand, the other mounted above.

1 Full Size MAME Arcade Cabinet

2 Beanbag chairs for Retro Gaming (aka no wireless)

1 Couch

1 Lazyboy Recliner

2 Barstools for the Arcade Machine

1 Corner Computer Desk

4-5 Media shelves to display my games

Most of the above is self explanatory, but you may be confused as to why I need TWO Televisions. Back in the early 90's I had turned my dads basement into my own personal retreat. The basement was divided by a wall....with two doors to the other side. One of the doors was blocked off by shelving my dad put on the other side of the wall, so I put my one TV on that shelf facing into my room, and another TV right below it. This was the best idea ever! I could play Street Fighter, StarFox, or Sonic.....at the exact time I was watching Saved By The Bell or Beavis and Butthead. So in my dream room, I will be able to play video games while watching TV at the same time.

I plan to buy some of these wall graphics, and I want to hang some video game posters from my old Nintendo Power magazines. I also plan to do some 8 bit creations from Sticky notes.

So the number one selling point for me buying a home, is the potential in the basement for me to create a deluxe game room B)

Those are all good ideas. I' m living in my parents basement now taking school. I have mostly all I need excluding a fridge, sink, shower and pinball machines and a slot machine.

It's hard to get furniture in and out of this basement but I would like to get a good couch to replace the love seat, also known as a crick in the neck. I will have to give up my slot cars if I wanted to build a Mame cabinet, which I do. I could get a projector to replace the smaller LCD monitor I use to watch satellite.

My gaming room (the basement) is not finished. At one time before I owned my home, water had leaked in and the owners sealed the entire basement, tearing out the drywall to seal the walls properly.

My dream would be to have my entire basement re-finished so I could make a decent gameroom, one with posters and where I set up some soundproofing and such so I could change the acoustics of the room to fit my needs. Once I find a affordable table saw I'm going to get crazy with shelving, so all I need is some proper walls.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

lol @ Jake.

My friend's mom used to take us to movies (we were 12 and she was... well, extremely attractive. Plus, she was not a believer in...support :) ). UHF was the last movie she ever took us to. I'm not sure if it was that scene above or how we kept screaming, "YOU SO STUPID!", and calling each other quivering bowls of dog snot. Memories.

My dream Game Room would be pretty simple.

1. Lazyboy and mini fridge.

2. 32" 1080p t.v. for current generation console's and big old crt t.v. for retro console's.

3. Arcade Machines:

Street Fighter 2, The World Warrior

Gauntlet

Outrun

Virtua Fighter 2

Street Fighter 3, Third Strike

4. Jessica Alba, Beyonce and Selma Blair playing pool in the corner.

That's not too much to ask for, is it? :)