The Big Torrent: How Much Can You Seed?

MBJ

No one has had the opportunity to download the entire file as of yet. The highest percentage is about 56%, I believe. Phillyman is the only one with 100% and he's been limiting the upload during the day and letting it go at night. It's still going to be a few more days before anyone's got it completed.

Ok thank you MrSlayer glad im not to late as i have been downloading/uploading for days as this looks like a very good torrent. Im so glad to have found it thanks phillyman for making this and to everyone else who helped with it its great to have a way to look at all these older mags and the new ones. I get some of my mags from zino but i only get a few as they dont have a big selection of game mags none i like anyways. great way to save these mags for the future!

Ideally, the initial seed will only send out pieces that are not available in the swarm.

Yes, this is called 'Super Seeding'. I hope philly has this option turned on in his BT client... :-)

In the short term, try and join up by putting all of your .cbr files into a directory and see what happens. Once this is complete I can work on a ClrMAME style DAT file, I'm sure a few people will want one, you're right.

By the way, I have eclipsed the 15 gig plateau!

I know I could do that, but thanks anyway :)

I just hope the original poster of the torrent can make a ClrMame dat. It's very easy, just use the Dir2Dat function. In that way I can join the torrent at a nice starting percentage soon. I hate to start a torrent at 0% when I already have some of the files.

TIA, alcoatjez

I know I could do that, but thanks anyway :)

I just hope the original poster of the torrent can make a ClrMame dat. It's very easy, just use the Dir2Dat function. In that way I can join the torrent at a nice starting percentage soon. I hate to start a torrent at 0% when I already have some of the files.

TIA, alcoatjez

Well, hopefully when the torrent is all done with, someone will do that, I am more then willing to if the need arises.

As far as adding your own files, I tried to do that myself and bring in about 1 GB of previous magazines I had downloaded. Only a few of them worked with this torrent, so I suspect a lot of scans have been replaced with nicer quality stuff, so YMMV, but that only netted me about a 5% head start.

The nice thing with everyone uploading is hopefully when the propogation gets close to 100%, we're gonna go from tons of leechers to tons of seeders in no time flat, we appreciate everyone helping upload like crazy. :)

BTW, for MBJ ... 45 gigs. :)

I'm up to 42.7 GB uploaded with a ratio of 6.553. I am afraid that I have all but lost my race to 50 GB with sav2880 since my cable internet was out all day on Sunday (%!ing Comcast :angry: ).

Is it just me or is this torrent moving slightly faster today?

I'm up to 42.7 GB uploaded with a ratio of 6.553. I am afraid that I have all but lost my race to 50 GB with sav2880 since my cable internet was out all day on Sunday (%!ing Comcast :angry: ).

Is it just me or is this torrent moving slightly faster today?

Well, I haven't drastically gained on you due to my internet being less then perfectly stable, 49.3 gigs, and I do think you're right, the percentages are making a nice jump today, up to 70.7% availability for me.

Well, hopefully when the torrent is all done with, someone will do that, I am more then willing to if the need arises.

Thanks in advance then!

I will probably join the torrent then when it's finished, but I will certainly seed back to at least a 1.0 ratio :)

Have patience fusoya. This torrent wasn't posted to cater to your needs. If you can't manage to wait for it to complete, here's a link to eBay. Good luck finding the issues you need! :P

All that matters in the end is that it will be swarmed very shortly. My patience sucks too, but I'm glad it shall be done shortly. :)

Hey, that was my 100th post too. Cool!