The Big Torrent: How Much Can You Seed?

MBJ

The only thing I will say now that I've had a bit of a spat is that for all the databases and the guides on how to scan etc I will be surprised if it makes any major difference to getting more people scanning and preserving content here. My own experience with providing guides etc for my site were superfluous in actually getting new scanning members.

I have five or six people actively scanning for my site and they all came onboard because they want to contribute to the scene, had the hardware etc and the guides I put up weren't even used. A couple of them came onboard because this place was going nowhere at the time. Which sort of comes back the point I made earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I was hoping to avoid it, even with newsgroups and premium downloading accounts, I ended up spending probably 40+ hours putting together a collection of magazines that I was satisfied with. So to hopefully make it a tiny bit easier for others hoping to get a collection started, I bring you a Christmas present.

Due to 200+ gb of files being just slightly unreasonable, I have focused the content of this torrent a bit. For one, the magazines contained herein are primarily console and handheld gaming, NOT computing or computer gaming. I have also limited this to just North American magazines for now. While there are a ton of really awesome looking European magazines, including them would double the size of this torrent, and I feel like there are quite a few good sites out there dedicated to downloading european magazines. So, with these limitations in place, this torrent clocks in at 84GB. I'm on a fairly slow connection, so you may need to expect 1-2 weeks for it to be seeded, but it will be seeded, and I will probably continue for the next 6-12 months or so. If this proves popular, I might do a European torrent at some point.

Also note, this is not a retromags torrent, but contains magazines from other sources as well. The included readme.txt file cites the various sites that magazines were obtained from.

Merry Christmas.

Simply copy the following magnet link into your torrent client:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:J6QO7YBBIM2CNIEIUPZJVIS43GUKPEF6&dn=North%20American%20Classic%20Gaming%20Magazines&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce

• Like 1

Zarxrax, many thanks for that effort. I do believe I will pick up another external hard drive, since all my internal ones are getting a little too tight to put another 84gb on one of them. Soon as I get to that point, you'll have another seeder before much longer. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Zarxrax, finally got another hard drive to put this on. Gotta love how cheap storage is becoming versus the old days. Anyway, once it finishes, you'll have another seeder any time my computer is on. Granted, I don't have a very fast connection, but anything to help.

Perhaps once we have complete collections on the site, at least up to the cutoff limit anyway, I could help with creating magazine specific torrents. I don't see myself being able to fill up a 4tb hard drive with just video game magazines, and it's not like I don't have plenty to keep myself entertained with, so the means are there. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...