Who Bought Wii Sports Resort?

I got it for my Birthday present, and I am liking it so far....although bowling has become much more difficult. In Wii sports I could easily bowl a 240-260.

I use to bowl a lot. I find that the new wiimotion+ actually adds a lot more reality to the bowling. I asked a friend who goes hunting (bow) and he says that the archery is actually pretty good. I am not sure if I like the basketball one though. I love playing basketball and even got 3rd place in a national 3pt competition...but dang it..I can't break 22 points on this one. All in all, I like it so far (about 3 hours into it).

Lets just hope they use the Motion+ in everything now. Did I just hear a lightsaber hum to life?

Color me unimpressed so far. I thought bowling was much easier. Tried my technique from Wii Sports, which was hit or miss, and got 5 strikes in a row before finishing with a 215. Canoeing sucks. Basketball was alright. The sword game and the table tennis are my favs so far. haven't tried everything. I've had a problem with my sensor bar losing my wiimote. This was happening before motion +, so I dunno what's going on. Golf is much harder on this one. I would like to try Tiger Woods 10, though...

Color me unimpressed so far. I thought bowling was much easier. Tried my technique from Wii Sports, which was hit or miss, and got 5 strikes in a row before finishing with a 215. Canoeing sucks. Basketball was alright. The sword game and the table tennis are my favs so far. haven't tried everything. I've had a problem with my sensor bar losing my wiimote. This was happening before motion +, so I dunno what's going on. Golf is much harder on this one. I would like to try Tiger Woods 10, though...

I am finding that with the addition of the WiiMotion+, it really matters what side of my body I hold the wii mote on. I think once I actually figured that out Canoeing became a lot more fun.

My wife bought it and so far we like it. I really like flying the airplane around the Islands. I like the way the wii motion plus adds more realism to the game I just hope other developers are going to use this and it doesn't become a useless gimmick. I just can't get my kids to stop sword fighting to try anything else!

My wife bought it and so far we like it. I really like flying the airplane around the Islands. I like the way the wii motion plus adds more realism to the game I just hope other developers are going to use this and it doesn't become a useless gimmick. I just can't get my kids to stop sword fighting to try anything else!

I use to love swordfighting. I say "use to" because I have become very disillusioned with it in the past couple of days. For some reason my remote keeps coming unsynced when sword fighting. I will be in the middle of something and all of a sudden left is no longer left and I have to crane my arms around in wierd ways in order to block a basic overhead twap.

I use to love swordfighting. I say "use to" because I have become very disillusioned with it in the past couple of days. For some reason my remote keeps coming unsynced when sword fighting. I will be in the middle of something and all of a sudden left is no longer left and I have to crane my arms around in wierd ways in order to block a basic overhead twap.

Not sure if this would help, but would pressing down on the d-pad fix this during play? I've hear several people mention something like that.

I don't know myself, even though I have had the game for the past 3 weeks since it came out.

Because I have only been able to try out the sports that don't require much movement, like frisbee, bow shooting, Waverace and the plane flying.

Should be able to get into the others within the next couple of weeks though.

• Retromags Curator

I bought it. I haven't played all the events yet, but 100-pin bowling is an absolute blast, and flying the plane around is nice and relaxing. Canoeing was a bit awkward, and archery was fun. I need to try the rest out when I get the time and motivation. Setting up my living room with the new home theater stuff has been a ton of work.

Will be buying it asap. But I'm short on cash and it's $80USD here, and that's the cheapest I could find. Too many expenses this month. High gas, phone and electricity costs. I dunno what I did.

$80.00??

WOW...I would have a serious anyurism (burst blood vessel in the brain) if I had to pay those kinds of prices. It would require me to have 3 jobs and work 28 hour days in order to afford my gaming habit. Let alone my wife.

I do not know how you do it.