New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

I'm a 19 year old student at the University of Louisville, majoring in computer engineering. The earliest game I remember is Lemmings for DOS. Other games included Monkey Island, SimTower, and MechWarrior 2. I actually didn't get into console gaming (except when visiting friends houses) until relatively late, when my sister bought a SNES off of eBay, around the year 2001, I think. However, my parents eventually understood the advantages console games have over PC games (Much less expensive, not having to deal with complicated system requirements, etc.), we did buy a Wii as soon as we could find one. I also bought my first handheld, a Nintendo DS, just a few weeks ago. Despite my username MaverickHunter40245, I haven't heard of the MegaMan games until after I moved to Louisville, KY, when I was in high school.

Correction: Actually, now I remember. My first exposure to MegaMan was at my friend's house, when I lived in Massachusetts. (He lived in Hamilton, I lived in Ipswich.) We were playing X3 and X6, though I didn't recognize them at the time. While we were playing, I didn't catch the titles, so I only figured them out by playing the Gamecube MMX collection after I moved to Louisville.

Edited by MaverickHunter40245

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name is devil (only in the Forum), i´m 25. My first Game-Console was the NES, a Christmas-gift back in 1989. Since then gaming became my hobby #1. I own a lot of consoles, from the NES to the Xbox360 (nope i´m not a Fanboy, i will buy a PS3 later this year - maybe Christmas). A few weekes ago i have bought a Dreamcast - nice console too.

A couple of weeks ago, i find this site and i thougt: "Wow, looks great and has a very good content".

My proplem is: I played a lot of Games since 1989, but i only read a few Mags until today... i wish i hadn´t.

I´m looking foward to the forum and the discussions here...

Greetings devil

P.s. Sorry, my english is not so well...

Edited by devil

I am a student who lives in the United Kingdom, and I run an F-Zero fan site so anything relating to it would be fantastic. I have quite large collection of Nintendo Official Magazine and ONM in the UK so I could scan those. I also have the odd issue of Nintendo Power, CUBE and GamesMaster. I also have some other mags like PC Pro.

I have an unhealthy interest in Nintendo plus Bass Guitar and professional photography and love a good community.

• Retromags Curator
I am a student who lives in the United Kingdom, and I run an F-Zero fan site so anything relating to it would be fantastic. I have quite large collection of Nintendo Official Magazine and ONM in the UK so I could scan those. I also have the odd issue of Nintendo Power, CUBE and GamesMaster. I also have some other mags like PC Pro.

I have an unhealthy interest in Nintendo plus Bass Guitar and professional photography and love a good community.

Well I am sure you will find plenty of F-Zero items in the Download section. Keep checking back as we are scanning older EGM and Gamepro magazines also and they should provide a great deal of content for the F-Zero enthusiasts .....Oh and if you could throw a link up on your site telling people where you got the articles and reviews, that would be great :)

I'm a really ancient gamer from the days of Atari 800/Amstrad CPC. Until last year I still owned

Atari 800XL

Atari ST x 2

Amiga 1200

Amiga 500 x 2

Acorn A3000

Sega Megadrive + CD

Sony PSX

Sega Dreamcast x 3

SNES

N64

.... but I gave them away as the wifey didn't like being unable to walk around in the spare bedroom. Now I only have

Wii

PSP

NDS

5 Windows PC's

I have 2 children and reside in Auckland, New Zealand.

Currently my chief hobby is arcade machines. Bought and sold a few but am currently building a brand new one from scratch which is keeping me broke at the present time.

Have you ever thought of building an upright arcade machine that emulated the past? Once I get a bigger place I am sooo building one of these! :)

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_examples.php#uprights

I am in the middle of building one myself! It will also incorporate a PS2 so I can play the Time Crisis games too!

And yeah, on my F-Zero site, all images so far have cited sources so no worries! You have the issue with Zero Racers, which is REALLY hard to come by.

Hey.

Im Emi_one and i just joined this site couple of days ago.

I'm 16 years old and i live in Denmark on a farm with my family.

Emi_one

Wow, that's really interesting, I'm 16 and live on a farm. Is it a pig farm perchance? Sorry for the stereotype if it isn't! :D

Have you ever thought of building an upright arcade machine that emulated the past? Once I get a bigger place I am sooo building one of these! :)

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_examples.php#uprights

Actually .... what I am building is this ....

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer&am...030ℑ=1

.... except I am altering it slightly to accomodate a 19" LCD monitor instead of the 12" tube they came with as standard. As the arcade monitors are 15khtz I am using a RGBS to VGA convertor to upscale video to 31khtz necessary for the LCD monitor.

The cabinet will be wired with a JAMMA harness to enable connection of arcade game pcbs but I am also looking at wiring a J-PAC in for plugging a MAME PC in as well. That way I can use it with any emulators I choose should I want to play SNES Super Mario Allstars with a proper Joystick. Best of both worlds methinks.

Everything has been bought and I have created the template ready to cut the cabinet out of MDF. Just got to get it around to a mate who is a cabinet maker who will cut it all out. Was thinking of photographing the build for prosperity so if theres any interest....

Actually .... what I am building is this ....

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer&am...030ℑ=1

.... except I am altering it slightly to accomodate a 19" LCD monitor instead of the 12" tube they came with as standard. As the arcade monitors are 15khtz I am using a RGBS to VGA convertor to upscale video to 31khtz necessary for the LCD monitor.

The cabinet will be wired with a JAMMA harness to enable connection of arcade game pcbs but I am also looking at wiring a J-PAC in for plugging a MAME PC in as well. That way I can use it with any emulators I choose should I want to play SNES Super Mario Allstars with a proper Joystick. Best of both worlds methinks.

Everything has been bought and I have created the template ready to cut the cabinet out of MDF. Just got to get it around to a mate who is a cabinet maker who will cut it all out. Was thinking of photographing the build for prosperity so if theres any interest....

Couldn't be doing with an LCD screen, lightguns don't work. But fortunately, I am able to get 21" flatscreen CRTs with SCART input cheaply, so I don't get refresh rate issues. LCDs are better in that way in many cases.

Let's see...

About me as a video game fan: I'm a 23 year old guy having just finished college (Bachelor's Degree) this past Spring, who's a middle of the road fan of 8 Bit and 16 Bit games as well as your general Sci Fi and cartoon stuff. I still have my NES and SNES, both of which are in perfect working condition. For games I lean more towards RPGs, and have actual "hard copies" of Final Fantasy (NES), Dragon Warrior (NES), Illusion of Gaia (SNES), Secret of Evermore (SNES), and Final Fantasy III [aka VI] (SNES). My favorite stuff is on the NES and SNES, but I also have a Nintendo 64, Gameboy Color, and PS1 (the little compact one).

About me on other stuff: I'm a Cancer Astrological symbol, I'm of Irish descent (about 50% depending on the branches in the family tree), like cruising about the internet in general, and like watching anime on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim or Sci Fi Channel's AniMonday.

Hi my name is xcaliburand been a gaming nut for a long time now.i started with a c64 and havent looked back.

consoles i own

snes

sega saturn

ps2

gamecube

modded xbox1

psp

dreamcast

xbox 360

and a tonne of games......not enough time to play any of tham. :mellow:

well hi all im andrevus.im from hungary,im a nintendo fanatic(never would play anything else except on vc).im hasty so dont mind it if my grammar is crappy sometimes.i was born in 1992,and most of all...i love Yoshi!

i have a Snes a PC(verry obvius XD)a wii and a GBA.currently im rooting to get brawl

Edited by andrevus

• 3 weeks later...

I'm John 33 years old, I run a local coffee shop here in Fargo, ND, I was looking for scans of full mags of old Ninetendo Powers as I miss my old collection that I lost to a flood in my basement apartment years ago, I remeber reading them as a kid and dreaming about what it would be like to play all the games in the issues and I always had a huge wish list of games I wanted.

Now that i'm older I have tons of games for different systems and still collect old carts that I don't have and also use emulators to try out the games I always wanted to play but couldn't get yet.

So once again thanx for this site you'll be seeing me around here for as long as this site is around!!!!

Hi! im Keiko, well my real name is Yamila, im from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and i love to collect old games magazines i have a lot of them, "Club Nintendo", EGM, PSM, Hobby Consolas and a lot more.

They're of course in spanish, but i have some EGM issues from usa too.

Oh, i also have 22 years old and im studying Laws and Web Desing in the University, and my hobbies are playing old school fighting games & rpg's.

See You Around!

Sorry for my poor english, i hope you understand me.

Hello!

I am horrible at intros, so don't be too disappointed if this isn't all that great.

My name's Eric, although I'm usually called Isen (I'll explain some other time maybe), I'm 25, live in the town of Centralia in the state of Washington, attend college and work an average job.

I love videogames, but as of the last few years haven't had much time to play. Favorite consoles are probably the SNES, Sega Gensis, Playstation & Playstation2, PSP, the original Gameboy and the much missed Sega Gamegear.

At the moment though I have all those consoles mentioned plus an Atari 2600, Wii and Gameboy DS.

Love RPGs and action/adventure games.

I'm kind of excited I found this place as I was looking for a site that had older game mags and didn't think I'd find any. I also wish I had found it earlier! I had a few hundred old mags laying around that I had no room for anymore and got rid of about 6 months ago, and now that I see this place I regret not looking for it earlier so I could try to put them up on here :'(. (I'm kind of kicking myself for giving them away now!)