New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shaun and am an avid gamer and somewhat of an retro collector (preferably in digital form).

Over the years, I've sought out places where the old retro commercials, magazines, etc. would thrive.

Growing up, I habitually bought nearly every EGM issue I could get, and sadly, most of my collection get sent to some dampy garage and was disappointed to find the magazines in poor and very dusty shape.

Hey everyone. Im LiquidPolicenaut. I've been an avid gamer since getting my NES back in elementary school and havent stopped playing since. I collect (and enjoy) both new and old school systems (I personally own 23 systems). I have almost every issue of Gamefan and EGM and a HUGE amount of Gamepro and many other retro mags I hope to be bale to add ot the site in the future

hey guys!!! I am Hector, and I am from Spain!! (toros, siesta, playa Gasol Fernando Alonso...)jajajajajaaja :D

I am student of business management, and I am a lover for retrogames.

My hobby, retro game collection. I am interested in NES to PS3, I collect all videogames of NINTENDO, SEGA, SONY and MICROSOFT...

I have a vectrex too, but I dont like collect it.

and I dont know to say it, if any have a question, i dont have any proble to ask.

see youuuu

Hello everybody,

I have been gaming for 21 years. My first console was the NES, followed by the Genesis. I stumbled upon this site while looking for some old Game Players issues. Its amazing the dedication you guys have put to preserving older gaming magazines. The main reason I love reading through older gaming mags is nostalgia, especially the select few that I bought while I was a youth. My favourite game developer has to be Treasure (Can't wait for Sin & Punishment 2!). My favourite system is the Genesis. Favourite genre has to be action/platformer.

My other hobbies: Rollerblading, taking pics/videos, comics, anime, wrestling, tennis, driving, and reading.

I'm ToadT.

I've been gaming since the NES, and I love old games mostly. I wouldn't be able to tell you my favourite game, Series, Company, or even system, as I always try to see the good in all games. (That, and I have too many favourites... ;) )

Mind you, I'm a bit shy on forums in general, but I hope this isn't the only time I'll post. (I also hope that I won't get banned from downloading due to either my inactivity/Noobishness.)

I have little to no Magazine collection, but I like to look at old ones, and your site is the only one that has 'em. Others are just dead Torrents and the like.

(I also like some anime as well. B) )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there.

I'm Joe, and am 27. My favorite systems are the Atari 2600, NES and SNES, and my hobbies are art, creating my webcomic, current gen and retro gen video games, and layout.

My magazine of choice was Diehard Gamefan.

I can't exactly think of a lot to say at the moment, but am a huge fan of Retromags, and look forward to participating in the forum a lot more often!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm 27 from NYC, and I recognize a couple people on this thread (yo yo liquidpolicenaut). I always wanted to do what phillyman has set up, but never had the drive to do it. so I thank him personally for doing this. I look forward to contributing magazines to the scanners to ensure that these magazines get preserved for all who want to see it.

Hi. I'm 27 years old and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I've been gaming since I was... 5 or 6 years old.

I used to steal Nintendo Powers from Toys R Us by hiding them underneath my jacket or taking one of their bags near the checkout and then going to the aisle and stuffing it in the bag.

All my old video game mags suffered the same fate as my comic books, baseball cards, and Marvel cards: decomposing at some landfill thanks to my parents.

Games I am playing at the moment are Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Persona 4, and Valkyria Chronicles.

• 3 weeks later...

hey! my name is jani and an 33 year "kid" from helsinki,finland.

i've been videogaming from the day my dad brought home an pong-copy!

i own many old machines and new ones too.

next month im going to tokyo for 2weeks....im allready scared that i will be totally broke when i come back! :o

i work at a punkrock record shop.

i love halo3 and halo2 and the first one too! :)

streetfighter 2 on snes is one of my alltime favorite games :Yahooo:

what else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

I'm from São Paulo - Brazil and I've found this sire while looking for

old (very old) EGM editions. And when I saw what you guys have here....

WOW!!!!

By the way, perhaps I can contribute a little on the international section.

I just need to known how can I search (for avoiding dupes) and upload

the older magazines I have here.

I also have lots of non scanned mags, but I have neighter the time nor

the skill to scan them. If anyone here who lives nearby would like to

help scanning those, just send me a message

Hola everyone! I came across this site completely by accident, but what a cool place!

I don't have much to say about myself at the moment. Just trying to find a job to put this degree to good use, but it isn't easy these days. Hope to speak with you all soon. :)

Ola, stumbled across this place in a torrent search(of all things, your site was in the torrent title). And thought I'd check it out. I'll probably be donating soon, but was wondering how much a lifetime is (the amount cuts off in the window). Anywho, nice to be here and I can't wait to start getting some of the old Nintendo Power's :D

Hi Retromags forum! I'm a 25 year old gamer from WV, formerly of Fort Lauderdale FL, Long Island NY, and Huntington Beach CA, and I've been playing and following video games and their culture since I was 3. My first system wasn't Atari though, it was in fact the NES. I still own my original NES and play it often, I just replaced the pin connector about a year ago so it would work like new. I also proudly own every system since the NES, excluding a few handhelds and the newer gen of consoles. I also have fond memories of coming across emulators with my friend for the first time circa 1996. We searched on Lycos for 'Nintendo on computer,' came across Nesticle, and have been playing all types of emulators ever since. My favorite emulators right now are the ones I play on my NDS lite with M3 cart.

I've always been in love with gaming mags and have been a fan of Mega Play, Sega Visions, classic Gamepro, and of course Nintendo Power. I saw above that someone was looking for Sonic the Hedgehog comics, I have quite a few from the very beginning, and I may scan them if I can do so by keeping them in decent shape. I was also sort of wondering if anyone had issues of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles magazine from the early 90s. I've been dying to see those again, especially one issue which I swear up and down had a Sonic the Hedgehog comic inside that explained his origins. If anyone has that issue and is willing to scan it, please PM me!

I first came across Retromags a few years back, but didn't join. I thought it was a great idea, though, and since then I've bee lead back here seeking out the old Nintendo Power issues to help me through some games I've been playing lately. I hope to contribute anything I come across while going through my old stacks of junk from years past and hopefully meet some new people to geek out with. :D

Thanks for making this site! It's a great idea!