New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

Hello all,

I am Rave92, coming from Montenegro, small country in Europe. I am a gamer (no s**t?) and I especially like Nintendo as console and games. I hope that I will find a lot of topics that I am interested in to view or post. See ya!

I'm a retro gamer and I enjoy getting back to the roots of video games. Back when the games were more about play than flashy graphics. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the good graphics but if the game play is not there then what is the point. I need to look through some boxes, I might have some old issues I can donate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator
Hello everyone, my name is Ace, I am a fan of the Mag Tips & Tricks, I noticed you guys ahd a few here so I decided to join, but I notice that (as far as I know) you have to pay to download :(

Hello Ace :)

You do not need to pay anything to download, we provide Rapidshare links to everything on this site. Rapidshare puts a limit on how much you can download per day, but its still free. We offer users the ability to download directly from our site, for a small donation. In no way are we accepting payment for these scans, all funds go towards hosting fee's and purchasing rare magazines off ebay for preservation.

Also, when you reach your 25th post on this forum, you will be granted 3 downloads per week from this site. So again....in no way are we trying to sell these scans.

Hello everyone, my name is Ace, I am a fan of the Mag Tips & Tricks, I noticed you guys ahd a few here so I decided to join, but I notice that (as far as I know) you have to pay to download :(

Just a follow up to what Phillyman said there.

We currently have one member that is keeping things on Rapidshare for everyone and he is sometimes capped pretty hard on his bandwidth, that is why some releases slip through the cracks as far as getting on RS links. I have a message with the issues needing RS links off to him.

There are however a few that you can download with the RS links now:

http://www.retromags.com/forums/Tips-and-t...u-file1085.html

http://www.retromags.com/forums/Tips-and-T...nu-file644.html

http://www.retromags.com/forums/Tips-and-t...ce-file560.html

Welcome to all the new members, glad to have you here, stick around and participate if possible, it is going to get more fun soon.

To moonboyrob1981, the manuals are currently not supported here out of concerns for the year cutoff, space on site and other factors that kind of deviate from the mission of the site.

If you want to scan your manuals and donate them to a site online then may I suggest the site below there?

http://www.replacementdocs.com/news.php

They seem to be focused mainly on manuals and have quite a few of them up.

If you are wanting to scan certain manuals, maybe you could google the system or even the game and find a fan site that may need those scans and donate them there too.

• Retromags Curator

Another newbie stepping off the train and into uncharted territory. :)

I found this site through another member who posted at Replacementdocs.com and had this site in his signature (Hola, Triverse!) I'm a major old school gamer, and I collect older gaming materials, especially strategy guides and magazines for games and systems long-defunct. I've been scanning manuals for Rdocs now for just about a year, but as I'm slowly whittling down the number of submissions I can make there, I thought maybe I could help out the community here every so often too; I own scads of older gaming magazines and guides.

Hang on...I think I hear my scanner crying. *giggle*

Anyways, it's good to meet all of you and with any luck, I'll be able to help the site grow a little here and there. Every little bit helps, as they say. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Retromags Curator
Como estas Areala! Great to see you come over and join up here.

Thanks! I've been looking around for the best way to go about working on stuff, but the format of this site is different from Rdocs, and I'm having a hard time locating things like lists of resources that you already have vs. what you actually need. Where's a good place for me to get acclimated to see what's wanted, and how to go about uploading after I have something to submit? I browsed around on the Wiki, but the area for submitting, say, cover scans has the rules to use, but nothing on what to do after said covers have been scanned. :)

Point me in the right direction and turn me loose. *giggle*

Unfortunately right now we are in the middle (my this is a long lasting middle) of getting things organised. We are working very hard on getting lists up that will easily allow people to know what is available and what is needed. My best advice right now would be to post a list of what you have available.

The easy answer to your question about what is wanted is really stuff that is video game related (we have been having a problem recently with a certain member trying to confuse new members on this point). That means console video games (PSOne, Atari, SNES, etc) and also computer games (PC, Amiga, Atari-my they got around, Windows, etc). Recently we have started accepting comic books based on video games too.

What we don't accept here (mainly because of storage constraints) are manuals. That is why I went looking for other sites that have similar interests as Retromags and was extremely happy to come across the Replacementdocs web site.

A key point to make sure to watch though, is that anything you want to offer for download here on Retromags needs to be printed before January 2000, December 1999 and earlier is good.

• Retromags Curator
Unfortunately right now we are in the middle (my this is a long lasting middle) of getting things organised. We are working very hard on getting lists up that will easily allow people to know what is available and what is needed. My best advice right now would be to post a list of what you have available.

The easy answer to your question about what is wanted is really stuff that is video game related (we have been having a problem recently with a certain member trying to confuse new members on this point). That means console video games (PSOne, Atari, SNES, etc) and also computer games (PC, Amiga, Atari-my they got around, Windows, etc). Recently we have started accepting comic books based on video games too.

What we don't accept here (mainly because of storage constraints) are manuals. That is why I went looking for other sites that have similar interests as Retromags and was extremely happy to come across the Replacementdocs web site.

A key point to make sure to watch though, is that anything you want to offer for download here on Retromags needs to be printed before January 2000, December 1999 and earlier is good.

Gotcha. Well, patience is something I'm reasonably good at, so no worries if it takes a while to get up to speed. I've got the site bookmarked. :)

And no worries about the early dates. I don't have much at all in my collection post-2000 except for some issues of Game Informer.

One last question: is there a list of Templates for the Wiki? I can have all kinds of fun contributing index information and other bits and pieces there while you guys are overhauling the organization of the main page. :)

Also, just to make sure I'm not messing anything up, I did a test-run of a complete index for an issue of Nintendo Power that I had laying around. If someone would like to check my work, and you find it satisfactory, I'd love to keep going. :)

http://www.retromags.com/wiki/Nintendo_Pow..._apr_1994_(USA)

*huggles*

Areala

Edited by Areala

First of a big welcome from me as well.

It's always great to see someone join who is interested and actually passionate about this site as we are.

There certainly is some kind of template for the wiki, but the problem is that since it's been so long since I've worked on it, I simply don't know where everything is and how exactly I went about doing it... :unsure:

Been working on something different together with Triverse for quite a while now, which will probably come to fruition within the nest months or so. But I can't promise anything since it's very time consuming and we end up always wanting to make improvements before it's put out in the open. ;)

That index page looks just about perfect. The only thing I would do is put the Classified Information table on the left side as well so it balances out the two tables visually.

• Retromags Curator
First of a big welcome from me as well.

It's always great to see someone join who is interested and actually passionate about this site as we are.

There certainly is some kind of template for the wiki, but the problem is that since it's been so long since I've worked on it, I simply don't know where everything is and how exactly I went about doing it... :unsure:

Been working on something different together with Triverse for quite a while now, which will probably come to fruition within the nest months or so. But I can't promise anything since it's very time consuming and we end up always wanting to make improvements before it's put out in the open. ;)

That index page looks just about perfect. The only thing I would do is put the Classified Information table on the left side as well so it balances out the two tables visually.

Thanks, Meppi! Pleased to meet you. :)

You're right about moving the Classified Information, of course. :) It's been taken care of and the page looks 100% better. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Retromags, this is Purrfect Trio and we're glad to meet you. The reason for the name is because we three sisters (Azul Fria, Roja Calor, and Kage Negra) share the account. Azul Fria is best recognizable at Zophar's Domain as a staff member and at various forums and as IceQueenZer0 at GameFAQs.

Check out our Youtube account which is yet to take effect with gameplay vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PurrfectTrio

Hello. I'm also known as Lillymon, a moderator at Zophar's Domain. I have my own website, where I generally place musings about whatever I feel like talking about. I must say, this site looks like an awesome nostalgia trip (this image certainly brought back some memories of 1993), so I hope to around quite frequently.

Hello all! My name is Valtane.

What to say? I love video games, hence being on this site. I've actually owned several of the mags available on here. This place brings back memories. :D

I'm married to a wonderful woman, who I am trying to get into games. She does like RE4 and the SH and CV series.

I'm Gothic, but not Emo. Let's get that straightened out right now if we can. Thanks.

Hello all! My name is Valtane.

What to say? I love video games, hence being on this site. I've actually owned several of the mags available on here. This place brings back memories. :D

I'm married to a wonderful woman, who I am trying to get into games. She does like RE4 and the SH and CV series.

I'm Gothic, but not Emo. Let's get that straightened out right now if we can. Thanks.

Welcome to the site everyone, enjoy and have some fun.

Valtiel05, um, total newb to the whole new clicks and such, I have an idea of what Gothic is (thinking Daphne on TNA Impact here) but what is Emo?