New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

Hello RetroMags!

My name is Angry_Sun, I come from a land of Nintendo [Nintendoland]. triverse contacted me, and I decided I should register here. So I'm the head webmaster at http://nintendoland.com. Right now is a tight time for us because I'm currently working on a whole redesign on Nintendoland. I won't be the most active member here, but I will try to make some posts now and then.

I enjoy EVERYTHING nostalgic, I love the Nintendo Virtual Boy.

My favorite NES games are:

-SMB

-SMB3

-Castlevania

-Metroid

My favorite SNES games are:

-Super Metroid

-Super Mario World

-Yoshi's Island

-Zombies Ate my Neighbors

-Goof Troop [A childhood memory, don't ask]

My favorite Handheld games are:

-Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow

-Pokemon Gold / Silver / Crystal [i'm so happy they are making remakes of these!]

-Metroid: Return of Samus

One of my [if not my] favorite system/handheld Nintendo has had, would have to be the Nintendo Virtual Boy! Weird huh? I have about 12 games, the blockbuster hard case, a soft case, and 2 Virtual Boys. If you got anything worth collecting, contact me, I might want it!

Well, that's about it for me, if you want to see my ad on Nintendoland, go here [link coming soon].

-Angry_Sun

• 2 weeks later...

I was told to go here from the gamefaqs message board. I'm going to community college, I'm transferring next year, and I'm going to be a teacher. I recently finished scanning the Phantasy Star 3 strategy guide and it should be posted here shortly. When summer school is over, I'm going to scan the Phantasy Star 2 and Sword of Vermillion hint books also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. :) I've been a big videogame magazine fan since about 1994. And of course a big videogame fan in general.. ;) Anyway, this is an awesome site and I've already scanned some covers for the wiki. I'll probably end up scanning some whole issues as soon as I'm not feeling lazy. :D That may be awhile... :P

PS - Other videogame sites I frequent under a similar user name (kevincal) are:

Atari Age

Digital Press

Jaguar Sector

Nintendo Age

Neo-Geo

RF Generation

YouTube

TNL

benjamindlevin, is not actually my real name... my real name is M@ri0fan75, but i like to stay anonymous, so i chose a really geeky screen name. I am currently stationed in Iraq, but reside in Texas (USA)

I don't follow a lot of the new gen games. I do own a Wii, but that is due mostly for the promise of accessing the older games. I play emulators all the time... including DosBox. When I bought a PS2, i mostly played Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts... both PS1 games.

As a matter of fact, I played my original NES for nearly a decade before I even changed that system for a PS1.

When I bought a DS, I played Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis... a GBA game... which cost me $100 bucks used off Amazon, then I gave the DS to my kids.

My PSP is my iPod... because that's good enough for me.

I run Linux not Windows. Because I like the headache that a free OS gives me over the headache that a pay OS gives me.

and... thats about the size of it.

Welcome Ben, what branch of service are you in? I attemped the Marines in 96 but was not good enough to make it, I do have a 6 or so inch dent in my head as a souvineer for trying though. :) I wouldn't trade the experience of what I went through for anything though.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys came to the site looking for a specific mag and thought i would join and become a premium member a little about my self people nicked name me seifer because my attitude is just like his im a hard core Nintendo fan i own ever single home console Nintendo has made i also have a ps3 and getting an xbox soon i also have a dreamcast and a couple of other old school systems if you want to know any thing more about me drop me an email here on the site

hello ppl, just stumbled across the site while lookin for amiga magz!, site looks great so patz on tha back allround!

im 35 years old, (young @ heart tho) and just gettin into retro gaming after finding four commodore amigas (A500, A500+ and 2xA1200s) an adman 2000 Grandstand TV Game, a few spectrum games (dont know how, never owned a spectrum ;) ) and a smart2 flightstick (QUICKSHOT INTRUDER 1 Clone) for megadrive/Mega CD while clearing out my attic! Gonna be hittin the charity shops, and car boot sales, from now on lookin for retro gamer stuff, :D l8r ppl.

I recently found out about this site from a serendipitous series of events. If you've googled on this topic, perhaps you came across a really old list of video game books and magazines. That was me. Creating a wiki to document them has been a dream of mine, but I've already had too much on my plate to even think of starting it. So I don't know that I'll have any time to contribute full magazine scans, but hopefully I can be of use to the Magazine Cover and Indexing Projects.

Not much else I can say without repeating my About page right now. Oh, I'm a classic video game collector. At one time I collected anything older than the NES, plus select NES and newer items. Right now, I'm looking to pare that down a bit. I'll keep my oldest system (:Ody:) and maintain my focus on the :2600:. The newest console I own is the :Ps1:, although my kids have :nds:.

*nervously looks around at everyone staring at me* Hi everyone, I'm new here, my name is JDB and I am the owner and editor-in-chief of my own gaming site. I won't post it because that would seem like I am spamming, *cough* it's in my sig! *cough*. Anyways, I'm glad to be a member of the community here and I look forward to many great discussions on retro gaming :D

Watch JDB there!  lol

Welcome to the site everyone.  It is great to see more members coming here and hopefully enjoying themselves.  Just a heads up, watch out for E-Day he has a thing for Prince pics.   :blink:

Thanks for the welcome, hey I like that big newbie banner! lol B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I'm usually not anonymous on-line--I think it helps me take care to choose my words in a manner more intelligible than, say, the average YouTube comment--and so my username is actually my real name: Del Sydebothom. Doing things this way has yet to gain me any new friends, awards, or discounts, but hey, you never know, right?

Anyway, I'm 23, hail from Tennessee, and think video games and their corresponding magazines are pretty gosh-darn nifty. That is, amazingly enough, why I'm here. Should anyone actually be interested in my rather eclectic experiences with (primarily Nintendo) video games, just ask! Pax!

My name is Tony and I'm 32, who'd a thunk it? I'm not really a part of any other gaming community because my interests are sort of sporadic. But I remember years ago downloading mags and the retromags "thank you" pic seems familiar. I figure I owe it to the community to scan off what I have when I can. Anyhow, I've moved a couple times lately and will soon so I'm looking to lose some baggage around here. I got tired of moving my vg mags along with my collection of computer mags and general books. They won't last forever so I thought I'd scan them when I have time and if I ever finish and not burned out, scan for others. I've been meaning to scan them off eventually for the site. A big thanks to all the scanners out there.

Hey folks, call me Bruce.

I'm 26, and I fell in love with video games in 1987 when my parents bought an NES for me and my sister. My dad got me a subscription to Nintendo Power starting from the first issue, and I have a great love these days for all things retro. I am a high school English teacher in Vernon, CT, I play and teach the drums, I coach the lacrosse team at my school, and I still love video games. I play new games, too, but I spend a lot of time running through my old school classics. Maybe I'm just a sap, but I feel like the video game vibe was different back in the day, when a magazine like Nintendo Power could have several million subscribers, The Wizard could be a viable film, or shows like Captain N, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and The Power Team were all over my Saturday morning cartoons.

My all-time favorite game is probably The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and my favorite system is the SNES. Anyway, I hope I can contribute to this site a bit more than just by donating. I think this project is incredible, and I'm super-excited to be involved. Thanks!

• Retromags Curator
Hey folks, call me Bruce.

I'm 26, and I fell in love with video games in 1987 when my parents bought an NES for me and my sister. My dad got me a subscription to Nintendo Power starting from the first issue, and I have a great love these days for all things retro. I am a high school English teacher in Vernon, CT, I play and teach the drums, I coach the lacrosse team at my school, and I still love video games. I play new games, too, but I spend a lot of time running through my old school classics. Maybe I'm just a sap, but I feel like the video game vibe was different back in the day, when a magazine like Nintendo Power could have several million subscribers, The Wizard could be a viable film, or shows like Captain N, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and The Power Team were all over my Saturday morning cartoons.

My all-time favorite game is probably The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and my favorite system is the SNES. Anyway, I hope I can contribute to this site a bit more than just by donating. I think this project is incredible, and I'm super-excited to be involved. Thanks!

Super awesome duper greetings are to be yours upon join of Retromags forum, because when join Retromags forum, a winner is YOU! With amazing 4, 8, 16 and 32 bit adventures, Retromags forum is just like new game every time you launch. DIRECT! When all your base are belong to us already, you have no need for other sites!! Exciting, yes?

Years ago Retromags forum was not such exciting portal of adventure (our magazines were in another castle!) but today Retromags forum promises you best experience with quality graphics, explosive stereo sound, and upgrade to four player adapter (sold separately)! We are welcome you to Retromags forum where is best to remember rallying cry of underfed and overworked employees who slave for you every desire: "The Magazine is Family!"

Many apologies for long introduction. I feel asleep.

:lol:

(Or, in not-so-stilted Engrish, welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay because there are lots of friends to be had!)

Extra bonus game: Hidden in the bizarre greeting above are references to no fewer than four (4) classic video gaming titles. Can you find and identify the four games that Areala borrowed liberally from? No cheating!

*huggles*

Areala

Hi everybody! its a pleasure to be a member from such great forum :D . I like the classics games and some of the recent console games too. I hope to be able to upload some of the mags I own and collaborate with the forum trhu all the ways I can.

Bye.

Edited by MacGruber

Super awesome duper greetings are to be yours upon join of Retromags forum, because when join Retromags forum, a winner is YOU! With amazing 4, 8, 16 and 32 bit adventures, Retromags forum is just like new game every time you launch. DIRECT! When all your base are belong to us already, you have no need for other sites!! Exciting, yes?

Years ago Retromags forum was not such exciting portal of adventure (our magazines were in another castle!) but today Retromags forum promises you best experience with quality graphics, explosive stereo sound, and upgrade to four player adapter (sold separately)! We are welcome you to Retromags forum where is best to remember rallying cry of underfed and overworked employees who slave for you every desire: "The Magazine is Family!"

Many apologies for long introduction. I feel asleep.

:lol:

(Or, in not-so-stilted Engrish, welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay because there are lots of friends to be had!)

Extra bonus game: Hidden in the bizarre greeting above are references to no fewer than four (4) classic video gaming titles. Can you find and identify the four games that Areala borrowed liberally from? No cheating!

*huggles*

Areala

Piece of cake:

A winner is you - Pro Wrestling

All your base are belong to us - Zero Wing

Our magazines were in another castle - Super Mario Brothers

I feel asleep - Metal Gear

I am so old and uncool that my heart hurts.