New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator
Piece of cake:

A winner is you - Pro Wrestling

All your base are belong to us - Zero Wing

Our magazines were in another castle - Super Mario Brothers

I feel asleep - Metal Gear

I am so old and uncool that my heart hurts.

Alright, I was going easy on you this time. Next time, I'll pull out the bigger guns. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Hi all just joined today. I'm a 34 (about to be 35) yo IT pro. I love the retro systems. I own or have owned just about any console up until now, no PS3 or XBOX 360 yet. I've owned or worked on a ton of the different old PC systems out there. Currently must of my retro stuff is in boxes in the barn, my boy and I instead play on emulators on OSX. He loves just about anything with Mario in it. Growing up I worked at the only Movie / Video Game store in town. I had to play any new games that came of course. We had a subscription to Nintendo Power and I read everyone, we kept them in the store and of course helped out customers whenever there was a problem. I've got boxes of magazines somewhere out in the barn and maybe this fall when i cools off I can find something that can contribute to the site. Now I'm off to poke around and see more of the site.

Hi bamse, welcome to Retromags, we are glad you found us and hope that you enjoy participating here.

If you don't mind though, could you post your message over here at the introduction thread?  It is mainly to keep the forums from being congested with every new member making a new thread for a hello topic.  

Thanks, and NES rocks.

Hello all, just been made redundant so have plenty of time on my hands at the moment, so I have been getting back into retro gaming, stumbled across your site and thought I would take a look, thanks. (think I may have posted this in the wrong forum don't know how I did that good start lol)

Edited by jayrox

I'm a 25 year old Musician(guitar/drums/piano)/Computer Repair Tech/Graphic Designer from Southern California. In additional to playing music, I love to play video games.

My favorite consoles/handhelds are NDS, SNES, PS1, PS2, GENESIS, GBA, NES and Turbo Graphx.

I also use mame with the frontend mamewah to play arcade games on my PC.(If you want to use it I have a setup tutorial on my youtube account since it takes some learning http://www.youtube.com/smaaaashtv)

I write and record music on my own, you can check out some of my stuff at http://www.myspace.com/inthebreakdownmusic

I'm looking for some other band members to write and play with at the moment, if you're interested hit me up, I live in Riverside, Ca.

Hi everybody!

I'm 28 years old, I love retrogames and old magazine stuff, I own about 700 videogames in my private collection.

I study all about databases like oracle, sql... ; computer lenguajes: php, Asp, VB.net. I gonna graduate this year.

My favourite consoles are saturn and jaguar. So i've sealed games ;) .

:lol::lol:

Hi RchUncleSkeleton and lukas, welcome to Retromags.  It is great to have such varied members coming aboard, look around, check out the various threads and forum areas and just jump in!  We are all a pretty laid back group and are interested in hearing your ideas about things, if you have a concern or comment about something say it, let us know what is going on.  I am sure that with the great group we have here, someone will be able to help you out with anything.

Just please, be careful about ROM talk, that is really the only main concern we have around here, that and asking for that is newer than December 1999 or attacking other members (outside of the battle system we have available for those interested in some PvP action).

Again, welcome to Retromags, it is great to have you both here.

RchUncleSkeleton, do you have any music that has been published?

lukas, you will enjoy some stuff we have coming up like the Retro Advertisement area.  We are working hard on expanding that beyond the few systems that are represented right now (don't worry, your favorite systems will see coverage there sooner than later).

What's up, all?

I'm a 32 year old musician (keys/trombone) from Orange County, CA.

I've been playin' games since my family got a black/white Pong home system when I was around 4 years old.

I have a massive collection of EGM's that just sorta gathers dust on my shelves, so, hopefully I can contribute some of them by either scanning them myself or possibly loaning some of them out for others to scan...

Favorite consoles: Dreamcast, SNES

Really dig this site. Keep up the good work!

Hello! Everyone, I like games. Started with the Famicom, moved to dreamcast, then playstation.

I skipped the Playstation generation as well. I didnt like how the system had the power of a graphic calculator and the characters were so pixelated. Then after remote envy for N64's analog stick, Sony made everyone buy a dual shock for Ape Escape. Ape escape was released the same month Dreamcast was released in Canada and I spent my savings on the Dreamcast.

Welcome to the forum.

Howsit all? I'm new here, but have been a part of the video game scene for years. On other sites I go by the name T2KFreeker, but when I tried to register here under that name, it said it was already taken. Funny, it's not in the members userbase. Would be nice to have my handle as it is me. I currently am a reviewer and columnist for Classic Video Gamer Magazine and play games constantly. I guess we all do. My favorite game is Tempest 2000 and don't know what else to say all. Hopefully some of you read the magazine and have enjoyed it, and hopefully, my input per issue after issue #2 will help it out. I wrote a nice little article celebrating 10 years of the Sega Dreamcast and even did a review of Black Thorne for the Sega 32-X. Hopefully we can get some more variety with the reviews. Either way, I saw this site and had to check it out, and hopefully this is pleasant for everyone.

Groovy!

Tempest2000, welcome to Retromags.  I am the guy that did the review of ClassicVGM #1 (then an interview with Mike debuting the cover of #2) and have plans, got a spot set aside for reviewing #2 and future issues no matter how busy I get (you guys definitely have a standing position on my calender).

I checked your screen name and couldn't find anything about it on the Admin side or here on front end.  Maybe I can get Philly to check into it (he knows more about the inner details than I do).

I can't wait to read the article you did for the Dreamcast as I am sure a lot of other people will be wanting to see it too.

Tempest2000, welcome to Retromags.  I am the guy that did the review of ClassicVGM #1 (then an interview with Mike debuting the cover of #2) and have plans, got a spot set aside for reviewing #2 and future issues no matter how busy I get (you guys definitely have a standing position on my calender).

I checked your screen name and couldn't find anything about it on the Admin side or here on front end.  Maybe I can get Philly to check into it (he knows more about the inner details than I do).

I can't wait to read the article you did for the Dreamcast as I am sure a lot of other people will be wanting to see it too.

That would be cool as I would love to be me. I also appreciate the welcome.