New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

Howdy do, folks!

I just discovered this site on Friday after a couple days' poking about in an effort to locate some old issues of "Electronic Fun with Computers and Games", which I had a subscription to back in the 80s before it was cancelled (and they "continued" the subscription for those of us who had one by sending us issues of.......Video Review???? Whose bright idea was THAT one?)

My qualifications as a videogame fanatic? Well, I'm 36 years old and have owned the following console / PC systems over the years:

Console: Odyssey 2, Atari 2600, IntelliVision, ColecoVision with both expansion modules, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Sega Master System, NES, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, Super Nintendo, Sega CD, Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2 and Sony Playstation 3.

PC: Commodore 64, TI99/4A, TRS-80, IBM PCjr, and multiple IBM PCs up to my current box running Windows XP

Looking forward to rediscovering my childhood through the scans here. I wish I could contribute but the only videogame mags I have are from after the cutoff date. :)

cheers,

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not exactly a new member, but a returning one. I didn't see a returning member thread, so I guess I'll post here. that okay?

anyway, I came back to retromags because I was playing the original legend of zelda, and needed a map. I found one, but then started to browse through all the old mags and started to feel nostalgic. so, here i am! (again)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Pleased to meet you, Darydrus. Make yourself at home, and enjoy the magazines! Also check out the ad database here on the forums, as it's got some really cool stuff that you just can't find anywhere else. I hear the Super Nintendo section is moderated by a really cool girl too... ;)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

Howdy. I'm cubeboy from Minnesota US. I've known about this site since it started, but haven't really registered because I'm lazy.

I'm a big fan of classic games and consider myself a collector. I own 15 video game consoles including the Turbo Duo, Virtual Boy, Sega CD and many others. I also own an old Street Fighter The Movie Arcade cabinet that has been modded to work with a PC. I try to collect the box and manual for most of the games I own and even have some Atari box covers and manuals that I'll see if I can scan in sometime this school year.

Now that I'm done bragging :) I hope to stick around here and help out when I can. So this site seems like a natural fit, minus the big sigs below some members posts. :P

Edited by cubeboy
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone. I'm 26, and I've been gaming most of my life. I found this site while looking all over the interwebs for old copies of the Nintendo Power Magazine.

While I play my XBox 360 most of the time, I'm an avid retro gamer. In fact, the game I'm playing through on my 360 right now is Castlevania SOTN, so there ya go. :)

I was looking for Nintendo Power Mags, because most of my gaming memories are from Nintendo's 8 bit and 16 bit systems, and those magazines will bring back a lot of memories I have from my childhood sitting at my friends house reading through them all. I have about 120 NES, SNES, and N64 games in my collection, and I'm planning to add the first 10 years or so of Nintendo Power to it.

This site will be an awesome way for me to look at issues I don't have, or just whet my appetite. I think it's great that you guys have put this site together and I look forward to looking around and perhaps getting to know some of you.

My XBL Gamertag is Causedawg 83.

If anyone here knows of someone trying to get rid of their collection of NP Mags, I might be interested (I see some collections going for a lot more than I'm able to spend).

• Like 1

Welcome to Retromags, Stephen! You'll definitely find the issues of Nintendo Power that you're looking for here, this site is full of great scans of your favorite mags and we have an awesome staff who knows their stuff pretty well. Just in case you don't, you can probably just ask and someone will have it ready to scan.

I only joined a few months ago and since then I've had a lot of fun here talking about old games with likeminded people, it's a very cool forum.

Hello Retro and New Blood Gamers, my name is Al, i've always thought that i would find a place to talk to other retro gamers out there in the world from when Video Games were born. I always thought this place was something ONLY in my head. I'm please to meet and and uncover historical artifacts from the lost Ancient Video Game World. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings All.

Thought I would join in the fun. I'm 31 and own a huge amount of magazines. Unfortunately I do not have the time to scan them for you as i'm working on another huge project cataloging information from them all into a database.

I have the majority of Mort's scan disks and have complete © or near complete (NC) (including scans) of the following UK magazines:-

Total ©, Sega Power (NC), Sega Pro(NC), Game Zone (NC), ST Format (NC), ST Action (NC), Atari ST User (NC), Offical Nintendo Magazine (NMS) ©, C+VG (NC), Sega Zone (NC), Nintendo Game Zone ©, Super Pro ©, Super Action (NC), GB Action (NC), Mega, (NC), Megadrive Advance Gaming (NC), Megatech (NC), Control ©, Gamesmaster (up to 2005) (NC), Edge ©, Games TM ©, Official Xbox Magazine ©, Official Playstation Magazine ©, Official Playstation 2 Magazine ©, Official Playstation 3 Magazine ©, Official Xbox360 Magazine ©, Retro Gamer ©, PSM2 ©, XBM (NC), N64 ©, NGC ©, NGamer (NC), Cube ©, Arcade ©, PC Gamer (Up to 2002) (NC), Official Dreamcast Magazine ©, DC-UK ©, Saturn Power © and a few other bits and bobs.

I've joined because i'd like to take a look at a few of the US mags that you have on here.

As for Consoles and Computers, I have owned or still own the following: - Philips Videopac, Acorn Electron, Commodore 128, Amiga 500+, PC, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, Xbox, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 (UK & US), Nintendo DS, PSP, Saturn. I own approx 1200 games not including the earlier computers.

As you can imagine the flat I live in is almost full with all of this stuff.

Anyways, i've introduced myself, I may be able to help with filling in information on the wiki in future, though I can't promise anything.

Regards

Andy

Hi, this is spider1967. I am not new here. I've been interested in this site for almost two years now (maybe longer). Lately, I've been worried that this great resource might one day no longer be available after such hard and dedicated work.

If I can help in any way, I've got a decent scanner and am good with Photoshop. I also have lots of old strategy guides, quite a few of which are Official Nintendo Player's Guides. Please contact me if I can, given the time, offer you any uploads.

Edited by spider1967

Hey All,

I am a returning newbie here, but will hopefully be able to play a bigger part now. Would enjoy helping with the Wiki Page.

My main interests lately are 8 and 16-bit gaming. But I have been collecting games (of all types) for years, with my interst in the classics returning in force. I also have a resonable amount of classic gaming mags, that over the next few weeks I will see if there is anything I can Donate that isn't already here.

My other addictions are Games Workshop anything (from Bloodbowl, Warhammer, 40k, Novels and everything else), Boardgames, and Sports (mostly NFL, Gonzaga Bulldog Men's Basketball, and the Seattle Mariners). I also just started playing Champions Online with my wife (she is a comic junkie).

I noticed the site in a search for some Maps a couple years ago, dowloaded a couple mags, and made sure to bookmark it.

Between then and now life has been in the way with a little bit of everything, from career change (from Comic/Gamestore Manager to Lab Rat!), family drama, to a serious auto accident (I was t-boned in driver-side door by a red light runner, and laid up on bed rest for 5 weeks).

Anyways, looking forward to helping out and getting to know some of you.

Awesome site you got here, stumbled onto it whilst looking for my Nintendo Power Mag fix! ;)

Would like to help out around here? Anyone needing a Zelda Historian or Guru? :lol:

Used to have a nice collection of Nintendo Power mags but yeah over the years they got lost and once I got married and had kids they disappeared!!!! :blink:

Tho is there a list of hard to get mags or missing mags that the site needs? Could you please point me out to it and I'll see what I can do ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

I'm 41 and have been playing video games since the late 70's. My first home console was one of those TV tennis games (forget what brand). I am also a fan of retro computing including Commodore, Apple, and Atari.

Just want to take this opportunity to express my great appreciation for the fine work Retromags is doing preserving these awesome memories. Keep it up guys. :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

I'm 41 and have been playing video games since the late 70's. My first home console was one of those TV tennis games (forget what brand). I am also a fan of retro computing including Commodore, Apple, and Atari.

Just want to take this opportunity to express my great appreciation for the fine work Retromags is doing preserving these awesome memories. Keep it up guys. :notworthy:

Hi. I'm Steve Thomson. I love how you guys are preserving old magazines. I love this place

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Peter Graves... and I graduated... from the University... of Minnesota.

Seriously, glad to be here. Like many of you, I've been deeply concerned with the preservation of gaming/computer history. Thankfully technology has provided us an alternative to constantly explaining to our wives why the gigantic file cabinets full of old mags can't go in the garage.

I've been on a personal quest to have "less crap" in my home, and the work you guys are doing here is to be commended. Very much appreciated.

I want to help however I can. There alot of different people out there trying to do the same thing. We need to band together.

A couple of links some of you may or may not be aware of:

DLH's Commodore Archive An amazing scan site for Commodore/Amiga fans. Commodore Magazine, Amiga World, etc.

CGW Museum Computer Gaming World Museum, 1st 100 issues of CGW!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. I'm a college student from the Ocean State interested in old gaming magazines. Unfortunately, during a remodeling project, I had to toss out a number of my back issues of GameFan and EGM. Truth be told, I hardly read them and they were taking up some space. I was more into strategy guides, but nonetheless, I also like vintage gaming mags.

Well...uh...other than that, howdy y'all!

Edited by Silent Scope Out

I'm Alex (a.k.a celebi23). While I registered awhile back, I never got around to posting on the forums. Kinda forgot about the site for awhile :bag: So, this is my introducing myself. Oh & I've got about 3 boxes of old gaming magazines in my basement. Probably will go through them this weekend :D