New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

Grad student at SFSU here, hadn't played much for years, finally got back into last year and really so this year. This will be my life when I'm not writing papers. (Luckily for me, gf moved across the country for grad school, so what time I would have had to spend with her, lovingly, of course, I can devote to reliving my childhood.)

• Retromags Curator

Grad student at SFSU here, hadn't played much for years, finally got back into last year and really so this year. This will be my life when I'm not writing papers. (Luckily for me, gf moved across the country for grad school, so what time I would have had to spend with her, lovingly, of course, I can devote to reliving my childhood.)

Hullo there, Chris! Nice to see new faces! :)

*huggles*

Areala

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that I don't have any posts (puts me at risk for account pruning since I don't login very often) so I'm going to introduce myself. I grew up with Intellivision/Atari 800/Atari 2600/Pong. Had a Mac SE 20MB in college and then a Sega Genesis for a few years after college. I was on hiatus from gaming for about 20 years until last year when I got my daughters into gaming.

I enjoy retro gaming (I hang out at racketboy.com & assemblergames.com). I appreciate the work that the uploaders on this site have done. Kudos to them! I recently subscribed to Nintendo Power so maybe I'll be able to contribute in the future.

• Retromags Curator

I just noticed that I don't have any posts (puts me at risk for account pruning since I don't login very often) so I'm going to introduce myself. I grew up with Intellivision/Atari 800/Atari 2600/Pong. Had a Mac SE 20MB in college and then a Sega Genesis for a few years after college. I was on hiatus from gaming for about 20 years until last year when I got my daughters into gaming.

I enjoy retro gaming (I hang out at racketboy.com & assemblergames.com). I appreciate the work that the uploaders on this site have done. Kudos to them! I recently subscribed to Nintendo Power so maybe I'll be able to contribute in the future.

Hullo, Mr. Smith! Glad to see new faces posting around here!

Ah, the Intellivision...they never could quite get the hang of what it was going to take to beat Atari, could they? Not even with George Plimpton shilling for them. The "Intellivision Lives" anthology for the PS2 is tons of fun though, and I highly recommend it. Getting used to the controls takes some time, though, so have patience. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm Estil, a long time veteran of GameFAQs (since 2001; check out my guides there as well) and I'm also on the AtariAge and NintendoAge forums. I just can't get over how awesome it is to find all those Nintendo Power magazines here! You guys are doing tremendous work here and I appreciate it so very much.

I'm half-tempted to just copy-paste my profile here. (It's one of those cases where you said it right the first time, and can't be bothered to change it up.)

Less than a week ago I saw one of the new Electronic Gaming Monthly issues in the magazine aisle. My old friend was looking anemic compared to his 200-page glory days, but it was exciting all the same. So I went scouring the Internet for any old EGM scans that I could find. Obviously, the fact that I'm posting here now tells you where I ended up: Super Mario Crossover. I made it to here a little after that.

Honestly, I don't know how useful I would be in the scanning department, but there's some great nostalgia just begging to be written about in these old scans (something I see a lot of you are doing already). That being said, I hope to be supportive in my own way.

Edited by NiftyKey

• 2 months later...

I've been around for a little while, but I figured a proper hello was in order. So, yeah... hi!

I'm from Napa, California (Wine Country), I'm 29, I love video games with a passion, and I grew up reading EGM, EGM2, GamePro, with the occasional GameFan, Game Players, Video Games, Next Generation, et cetera. This site is a godsend, as it not only allows me relive the best years in gaming, but also helps with my research for a personal project I've been working on for several years now (on and off), called the Mortal Kombat Bible. And I must say, writing a Bible for something is hard work for one man. Anyway, I love this site and I thank everyone who has contributed. I hope to contribute in some way, shape or form in the future.

27 male from California here, handle's "Vincent" (per my username, it's an amalgam of Vincent Price and something of an homage to CastleVania). I have history back to Copter on our deceased DEC 8086. They don't make 'em like that anymore (is that a good thing?) ;)

Well, at any rate, I have some NP over here I'd be happy to up, particularly Volume 90. Just need specs and a home (or I can provide my own, but I can't guarantee it'll be up long).

Good day!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Videogamer555. I'm glad to find this site. There's so many game magazines I had in the past like 1990s. Now some of them I've lost, and others I had to throw away to make room for other books and magazines on my book shelf. I currently have lots of books and stuff and a small game magazine section. But as I get new books I've had to get rid of older game magazines. Some have just disappeared and I have no clue where they are and may have been thrown by accident.

So this site is gonna let me relive those glory days of my gaming when gaming was like the only thing I thought about. I'm 25 now. My first console was the Super Nintendo, and my first game was Super Mario World. I still have my Super Nintendo (yellowing now, sadly) and all the games I ever bought for it. And it still works, 18 years after I got it for a Christmas present (or was it a birthday present, or just something my parents got me). I got it back in 1992 when I was 7 years old, and I'm 25 now. But the Super Nintendo will always remain one of my favorite game consoles ever.

Woops. Can't edit posts so I'm gonna double post. Sorry.

I should also say that while the Xbox360 is listed as my favorite nextgen console, it is tied for favorite with the Wii. They both have games I really like (Halo 3 and Super Smash Bros Brawl). But the profile info doesn't let me pick top 2, so I had to pick just 1. So I randomly picked Xbox360 (could also have been Wii).

Well thankfully, it added my post on to the previous one instead of double posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm Junaz, from Puerto Rico, 19....yeah my early days are from super nintendo, but still I play anything that's worth playing, even if it's a 20 year old game!

I found this site while looking for Gamepro covers, and that's one thing I collect, Gamepros (have the first 140 issues). Some issues are older than me! Got them as a present from a good friend XD Plus I collected them from 2005-2007....currently.... I need 60 or less to have them all!

Recently started collecting Game Informers!

Thanks for having me in your community!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am NeoGeoCDWorld or kuk in some other forum

I am french, and i collect the maximun information on the Neogeo CD, so i know your forum in this case

of course i am interest by all SNK stuff, but by Atari too (I have a lot atari computer)

my other hobbies are History and litteratur, and baroque/jazz musique (not in the same...)

With regards

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I joined to look at retro magazines obviously .

I am wondering where can I find n64 magazine issues?

Nintendo 64 is my favorite console

Welcome!!! You can look in the downloads section, N64 was from 1995 (First E3) through 1999.....so basically download any magazine between those years....you will get a lot of great stuff, and a LOT of blasts from the past!! I recommend Gamepro (duh!) Take care and have fun in the site!

• 2 weeks later...

Here comes a new challenger! I am a 33 year old videogame addict from the small country of Denmark, after my previous videogame forum crashed, I was suggested by my old friend Sarah to give this site a try, so now I´m here. My gaming history goes back to the Eighties and the NES and Master System, back then I´d play on the demo models in stores, and the Amigas and Commodores belonging to my classmates, while daydreaming about getting my own computer or console someday, and buying and reading the Danish videogame magazines provided fuel for my daydreams, still have those issues. Anyway, I finally went and bought a Gameboy (but later sold it when I was low on cash, I regret it as it has nostalgic value for me) and later got a PC, and once I began working I spent the paychecks on getting new and old consoles, so my console collection today consists of a NES, a Super NES, a Sega Megadrive, a PlayStation2, an XBox (only works half the time), an XBox360, a Wii, a PS3, a DS and a PSP. I also had a GameCube, but sold it once I got a Wii, and I plan to get a 3DS when it´s released next year. My favorite game is Tomb Raider II, and all in all I´m a devotee of the Core Design TR games, but not the movies, comics or current franchise (yes, Sarah, this again.) My favorite non-Tomb Raider game is Super Mario World, and I´m currently looking forward to the Super Mario Bros Anniversary Collection, although it´s just a rerelease of Super Mario Allstars, which I used to own, but I´ve somehow gone and lost my copy, so the new Wii release, with its soundtrack cd, should fill the gap nicely, although I already have the original NES versions of SMB 1 and 3. I´ll be sure to check the old videogame magazines out, I get a nostalgic kick out of reading the game magazines from my time as a daydreaming gamer, back when everything was pixels rather than polygons, and videogame music was catchy and annoying at the same time. Now to see if I can find out what Sarah calls herself in these forums...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got told about this site indirectly by seeing a forum post about it:

I've got a literal mountain of magazines and comics, from video game, to news, to science magazines, and i'd like to sell them off to you guys at really cheap rates.

I'd like to make a topic in the forum for buying/selling/trading, but it seems I have to either make a number of posts or be here for some period of time i'm assuming before it lets me do that.

Some of you might know me from my youtube channel, I do various video game commentaries and rhythm game videos, as well as music videos I do for musicians and sports teams.

www.youtube.com/azuritereaction

Anyways, hope some of you are interested in the magazines and such once I can post the list :)

Well, I got told about this site indirectly by seeing a forum post about it:

I've got a literal mountain of magazines and comics, from video game, to news, to science magazines, and i'd like to sell them off to you guys at really cheap rates.

I'd like to make a topic in the forum for buying/selling/trading, but it seems I have to either make a number of posts or be here for some period of time i'm assuming before it lets me do that.

Some of you might know me from my youtube channel, I do various video game commentaries and rhythm game videos, as well as music videos I do for musicians and sports teams.

www.youtube.com/azuritereaction

Anyways, hope some of you are interested in the magazines and such once I can post the list :)

Nice videos man! Welcome to Retromags! What mags do you have in the Gamepro, Game Informer and Nintendo Power section?

Reply to me via personal Message (this topic is not for this purpose)

• 2 months later...

I'm a retrogaming freak from Sweden using almost all emulators and have downloaded countless of roms, magazines, remakes, demos, tracker mods, patches etc. My first console was a Fairchild Channel F (1979) and my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20 (1983). :D

I have owned most of the different consoles and computers through the years and still love them.

I just love old gaming magz. ;)

Thanks for a great site, i downloaded all the missing issues of Gamepro right away. :D