New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm a spanish fan of videogames since my childhood. I remember getting my first videogame system, NES, when I was 7 years old. I really like reading magazines of those times. Thank you for your great work.

Hi, I love the site, so great to look through the mag's at a time when videogames were a BIG part of our lives. Seems like modern games don't have the same appeal for me as back then! But everything was so new and exciting back then. I like games with depth in them like Zelda, Syndicate, etc.

I'm from St.Helens, 12 miles from Liverpool, NW Engand. Spent a lot of time in Andrew Clitheroe's house when I was younger (coder of Alien Breen 3D 2 etc), played just about every decent BBC Micro game available there, and Amiga games. Good times.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Hi there. I've been lurking the site for a while, and enjoying all the good mag goodness. Seeing some EGMs and Nintendo Power I haven't seen in forever, as well. I wanted to join and say thank you for all this nostalgic goodness.

I'm in the Mojave Desert in Southern California. When I was a kid, I started off as a DOS gamer before I got my NES. Still do more computer games then console, retro, but otherwise I am on the SNES, 360 and PS2 a lot.

Nice to meet you all! ^^

Greetings to all my fellow old video game magazine lovers! Honestly im really just here for nintendo power! Always been a fan,since I was a kid.I have many,too many old game mags like tips and tricks,some dreamcast mags,and some other all before 1999 so hopefully some are needed and I can add to this great collection!

Just wanted to say hi.. I've been a fan of many of these mags for years, and suffered the ultimate injustice (which I'm sure many of you can relate to) when my Mom threw away my entire collection of gaming mags because they were 'old'. I'm really happy this site exists.

Hi there, RetroMags! I often go by the name of OKeijiDragon (or in some places, without the O).

Reading these magazines from the past, for me, are like opening a portal through time. I've always been fascinated about game history and how it's shaped the industry today.

Outside of reading old game magazines, I like documenting, researching, and uploading stuff that only 1% of the world population would care about. That's still a lot of people, so I still enjoy posting cool stuff like trivia, videos, and the like on my YouTube channel.

I've known about RetroMags for at least a few years. The first time I recall the name was on some Torrent site with the torrent name being "massive 2008 Retro magazine collection" or something to that extent. I remember that watermark at the end of the magazine of each .CBR that eventually led me to this site. The magazines that I've downloaded here have benefited my own research on the game documentaries that I'm currently working on.

I want to give my thanks to RetroMags for archiving these pieces of historical game literature. It has been this site that we can revisit the time when game magazine were the only reliable and (for many) affordable way to keep in touch with gaming news before the internet became the dominate news-breaking entity that it is today!

Also, you should know that I have not come to RetroMags empty-handed. I have an old 200-page Japanese mag-book called Famimaga Magazine Vol. 3. Feb 9, 1996 that I plan to scan and share on the internet.

For complete details about this magazine, please watch my video below and net me some views. =)

Hope to stay for some time.

Hi everyone!~ I've been a gamer throughout my life like a lot of you here. My basic goal is to gain a better understanding about gaming, I find that it makes me appreciate video games even more which ultimately makes me enjoy them more. I think video game magazines are an important part of video game history. Video game magazines that are years old have this "past-present-future" aspect to them where they talk about older games/systems, obviously current games/systems and new games to come out (that may or may not have ever been made or localized), or just ideas about the future of gaming in general. The more I learn about video games the more I realize that I don't know, and I honestly have not had a chance to read many video game magazines, so I really look forward to my time on this site.

• Retromags Curator

Okeiji, so glad you found the site and that it's helped with your research! I love being able to comb through these treasures and hunt up tidbits on games and systems that are otherwise lost to time. Seeing where we were hopefully can help newer generations of gamers understand what got us to where we are now. :)

Daimakaimura, I hope you enjoy your time here. Please feel free to jump in and talk about anything that catches your fancy and if you've got some cool trivia or questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask. The worst that can happen is that we admit we don't know. :) Enjoy your time here! :)

*huggles*

Areala

Hello the name is Craig i'm 18 born and raised in Canada also a retro gamer. I never got the chance to read most of these magazines since a lot of them were from the older generation of gaming so I was really pleased to find this site and be giving that privilege of reading them. Thank you Retromags and all of it's users/contributors.

Hey everyone,

I have been a gamer ever since Mario Bros first came out for the NES years ago. I still remember the night I got my NES for the first time. I was watching my dad hook it up and I thought he was doing some dark magic to the back of the tv but turns out he was just hooking up the cables to the RF modulator :-) Ah how naieve I was when I was young (Went on to do audio and video work which requires LOTS of cables. How funny things change) Anyway, thanks for putting this site together. I threw out my nintendo power subscription years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Tim