New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

Hello everyone. I was a Gamepro subscriber growing up in the early 90s. I only had an NES, 2600 and Genesis back then, but I loved reading about all of the other systems that were around back then like the Jaguar, CDi, Neo Geo, 3DO, etc. That was just a great time for video games because it was easier for companies to get into the market place. We had about a dozen consoles to choose from, whereas today we have 3, not counting handhelds. I miss those days, and I've been kicking myself for not saving my old magazines, so I'm very glad I found this website.

Hi everyone,

I've been getting a mist eyed about old video game magazines from my youth of late e.g. N64 magazine, Arcade, etc. I suppose reading old copies kind of takes me back to a more innocent gaming time, and this site seems perfect for allowing me do just that :)

Hey Guys,

I have been gaming since the mid 80's, and I am really happy to find this forum. I love NP as a kid, when I finally joined the membership in August, 1990 (my first issue was Manic Mansion), and made sure to ask for all of the back issues for Christmas that year.

Anyway, when my wife and I moved into our new place last year, I wanted a little something for the bathroom downstairs - none more appropriate than NP issue #1

MarioCover.jpg

Look forward to chatting about old-school gaming with some like-minded folks. Be well.

James

Hi, I'm Igniz, 29yo (almost 30) from Mexico. I'm a software developer and graphic designer, and have been a video game enthusiast/junkie for almost all my life. While I love new games as much as the oldies, those have a special place in my heart, so I came here looking for magazines of the good times of yore.

Cheers! biggrin.gif

Hello, again. I'm a huge fan of retro gaming and retro gaming mags. They take me back to a more innocent and arguably exciting time in gaming history. I've been gaming for nearly 20 years and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. Umm...on an unrelated note, it seems as though I was deleted from this site because this is my second time registering with the same account. I posted like five times made a donation, downloaded two magazines and a day later I couldn't log back into this site to save my life. What's up with that?

• Retromags Curator

Hello, again. I'm a huge fan of retro gaming and retro gaming mags. They take me back to a more innocent and arguably exciting time in gaming history. I've been gaming for nearly 20 years and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. Umm...on an unrelated note, it seems as though I was deleted from this site because this is my second time registering with the same account. I posted like five times made a donation, downloaded two magazines and a day later I couldn't log back into this site to save my life. What's up with that?

Your concerns were answered in the appropriate thread.

Hi, everyone. I've been a member for awhile but never posted anything until now. I received an e-mail asking for a donation -- which I did -- and decided to become a little more active and download some Nintendo Power and Game Players magazines. When I was little, I had a Game Players subscription but wanted a Nintendo Power one. Now I can catch up on those and relive the memories of reading Game Players.

I collect NES games and have about half of the licensed games, a few repros, and one or two PAL games. The rarest game in my collection is The Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, but my hands-down favorite NES is Dragon Warrior IV.

The latest game I played was Final Fantasy XII-2. I have mixed feelings about the game but thought it was better than XIII.

I don't have a lot of time to play games now because I have a young child and I work all the time, but I still like to pop in something every now and then.

Hello everyone! Found this site thanks to a dedicated Saturn forum. I've been a fan of various magazines through the years, most of all Tips and Tricks.

Game magazines used to be pretty rare in my area, so I always has a hard time hunting them down. I hope to see more from the past once more sections of the site are restored.

Hello, everyone! I've been playing video games since the PlayStation 1 era and have moved to the Xbox 360, but I still have a soft spot for all of the older consoles. I enjoy reading game magazines, especially the old GamePro and Tips & Tricks, and I'm lucky to have stumbled upon this site to find all sorts of nostalgia within these collected magazines. It reminds me of my childhood.

Other than that, I simply love old school gaming and reading up everything about it. I hope to have a pleasant trip here as well!

Nice to meet you and happy gaming!

• 4 weeks later...

Sup guys. I'm a retro gamer because I don't have a new system other than the NDS and PS2. I'm currently playing every rpg made for it via "Lameboy" and playing Harvest Moon: Back to Nature via Ps2. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game ever. :) I want to talk about hm but psx threads are still closed and I can't make a new topic >.>

Well guys.

I have discovered this site just a the time when MegaUpload has been closed.

I couldn't download any mags but I liked the Retromags a lot anyways.

I have a lot of retro videogames and also the new ones.

I like magazines about this subjetc and that's the main reason for me to be here.

Hi guys. My name is Mark and I am from Ireland. I'm in a similar situation to Sevenlavide. I joined this community as it is trying to get back to full health after the Megaupload problems. Most of the magazines I want to download arent back up yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Hopefully the site can recover fully as I love revisting old magazines and memories. I grew up during the SNES and N64 era and I remember it as a golden age for both games and game mags.

A big thank you to everyone involved in preserving these magazines!

Hey there. My name's Hal and I'm 36, a graphic designer in Sheffield UK and I play bass in a country band and a hip hop band. Ker-boing.

Of course, I dig on the games. Have been playing since the Spectrum years and show no sign of stopping anytime soon.

I'll be honest, this site has me dizzy with anticipation of trawling through the archives of mags from years gone by.

Cheers,

Hx