New Members Introduce Yourselves

Phillyman

Hi All!

My name is Mark. I live in England, and I am a Computer Technician. I came across this site from another magazine forum, thought I'd join up.

I have a fairly large collection of gaming magazines from the UK (near complete SSM, complete Ultimate!, complete Official Dreamcast Magazine, complete N64, complete NGC, near complete N64 Pro, near complete Nintendo Power, many issues of Crash!, Your Sinclair, and various other magazines). At the moment, I am very busy, so scanning is out of the question. Maybe one day I'll get around to it, though... would be nice to contribute!

As for gaming, I have just about every console imaginable, several old 8 and 16-bit home micros, oh yeah and a few arcade machines!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My name is DarknessDeku. I live in the United States, and I will be going to college for a degree in computers. I get gaming magazines whenever I feel like it.

I usually just get different kinds, but more often than not I get Nintendo Power. Nothing old, though.

I have every major Nintendo console, as well as a DS, Game Gear, Genesis, PS2, and a 360.

• 2 weeks later...

oh. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm ZOMBIETOADBOY10 from a forum with the same style as this one *IP Board* Called NSider2. my real name is Chris Sanders and I am 18 years old. the consoles I have are NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, and Sega Genesis *With Sega CD* *I'm willing to try to make it work*. In real life I am 6'6" and I am bulky. I live somewhere in Southeast Kentucky.

Hello everyone. I don't feel like talking about myself much. I'm an old gamer... collected many old mags. (That's why I'm here :D ) Played a bit on the old atari consoles. Owned a 'nintendo' (rip-offs of famicoms actually - all that was available where I'm from). Sega Mega Drive. PSOne PCs- 386 and up) Started lanning with Doom and well, it will take too long to tell the full story ;) and I wouldn't want to bore anyone. So, on to what brings me to this fine site in the 1st place(looks nice) I've been looking for the MKII deathchart. Was a great poster I had on my wall for years with all the MKII moves on it. It was in SEGA Magazine Issue #11 - You can see it here: http://www.segacollection.com/specials/smoverview.html I think this was a great collection. Don't see people talk about it much though.

I have a bit of good and a bit of bad news.

That's actually one of the 3 issues of the official Sega Magazines that I own right now. It actually just arrived last week. :grin:

I'm looking for to complete the full set as it's a great magazine, just like most of the classic Emap videogame mags.

The bad news is that the Mortal Kombat II deathchart wasn't included. :cry:

I'll keep a look out if I come across the magazine again to see if it comes with the poster. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Charles and I'm a 32 year veteran of the video game wars(yes I played Pong in the womb). I Stumbled Upon this site and cannot believe what an inspired idea it was to collect such important nostalgia for the Video Game Age. I was hooked on gaming mags after my first issue of the Nintendo Fun Club, and like so many others, I chucked them all at a certain point. I look forward to contributing to the worthy cause of Video Game History Preservation! B)

Male, 30 (31 on the 20th march) currently residing in Bristol, England my city of birth, though I have also lived in Melbourne, Australia back in 2001/2002.

Been a gamer since as far back as I can remember with an old Granstand 8-in-1 pong machine and a MB Microvision (due to having older brothers, the youngest was 11 when I was born so I grew up with their gaming machines), still have a Microvision in my collection too, though not the original one sadly.

Currently I'm a Sega collector, have a complete PAL Dreamcast collection (not counting country cover/language varients) and well over half a Saturn one (170ish of 241) as well as a fair number of SMS, MD (Gen), GG & 32X games.

Don't unfortunatly have any of my really old magazines anymore but I do have a fair few between 1998-2008 mostly DC/XBox/Multi-Format ones (Will type up a list later).

Currently working on a game listing project with some other friends, and was the editor of the PAL Saturn/XBox lists over on www.digitpress.com though it's been a while since they last updated my files for one reason or another.

• 3 weeks later...

Perudon from Orange County, California. I'm swiftly approaching my third decade in life and I teach Spanish at what was the rival high school when I was in school.

I started out gaming on the family CalecoVision. I still remember the saturday that my mom and dad came home from Price Club with a NES and about five games. It was amazing! Two of my brothers and I were hooked. We managed to scrape together enough to buy a SNES during the 16 bit era and our parents bought us a Genesis. My brother and I wasted our hard-earned lawn-mowing money on a Sega CD, and we eventually bought an N64.

Currently I am catching up on a lot of PS2 games right now that I didn't get around to the first time around and dreaming of some day owning a PS3.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Ash McGowen, from upstate New York. College student at NCCC in Malone, but run around online in various communities, notably Mugen these days, though I did romhacking in the past. Pretty much started with an old TRS-80 Model III when I was young and programmed away from there.

Hello :)

My name is Vanessa, I´m 27 years old and I´m from Sao Paulo/Brazil

I play videogames since my 7 yrs old and love to collect videogames from past generations.

I´m also starting to collect videogame magazines from 80´s and early 90´s (in English and Portuguese), because I believe the style of that era magazines were great and also bring me back sweet childhood memories :)

Nice to meet you all!

Hi, My name is Sabrina, I'm from Belgium. I have a degree in translation and currently I'm studying at the University of Antwerp. I have been gaming since I was 12 and I a big sony-fan. When I'm not gaming I love spending time with my friends and running (2 to 5 miles). I am especially interested in EGM because I love the style and level of quality. It is especially interesting to read old issues and go back in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm Elratauru, I'm 16 years old and I'm from uruguay ^^...

I'm a Sega fan, but I like nintendo too ^^...

Well, I have a lot of Club nintendo magazines (mexico nintendo official magazine) ... They're in spanish (Spanish is my first lenguage too xD), I can scan them if someone want it ^^... I have a lot of years with them, and I use to collect all them ^^ So... well n_n

Later guys ^^

Hello All , I'm Polo9999.

I live in Verviers in Belgium (Oh ! I see others from there :D ) at 20km from Germany :P

I've collected Issues from Le Magazine Officiel XBOX (MOX - 2003 to 2006) , Playstation Official Magazine (French Edition) (2001 to 2005 (with a few after)) and a few from Nintendo Official Magazine (2004/2005)

I own also somes others Magazines (Joystick-Gen4) from 93->2000

Sure , all of them are in French Language.

I would like to scan them but all is clued ! (If i do good scans it mean i'll destroy them and currently i don't have's copy's...)

(Outside Video Games i own also Over 175 issues from TéléK7 Magazine ((Weekly - From 85 to 2000) if you want a issue scan i can ;))

I'm great to find a magazine about this and i hope to stay here for a long time :)