Would You Choose To Be A Vampire?

Data

Would you be a vampire?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose to live life as a vampire in a densly populated area?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the circumstances

It sounds like fun but because you can't go out during the day I'd have to say no.

After having read a book called Bloodlust in the 7th grade, and reading about problems of being a vampire, I would still do it (I may as well be one now, I go on about 4 hours of sleep as it is-been that way going on 14 years so it is nothing new).

Hmmm let's see.

For: Immortality

Against: Having to drink people's blood to survive. Tendency to burst into flames if caught in sunlight. The whole albino look.

You know, I think I still would give it a go for the chance of immortality.

After having read a book called Bloodlust in the 7th grade, and reading about problems of being a vampire, I would still do it (I may as well be one now, I go on about 4 hours of sleep as it is-been that way going on 14 years so it is nothing new).

Why only 4 hours of sleep a night? Insomnia or just being too busy? 4 hours of sleep completely ruins a day and leaves me with no energy for anything. I used to try to get as little as I could get by on, but eventually realized life is more enjoyable with around 6.5-8.

Why only 4 hours of sleep a night? Insomnia or just being too busy? 4 hours of sleep completely ruins a day and leaves me with no energy for anything. I used to try to get as little as I could get by on, but eventually realized life is more enjoyable with around 6.5-8.

Not really sure, I have been this way since I left the Marines back in 1996.  Just wake up about 4 hours after laying down and can't lay there, even trying to fall back asleep so I get up and start my day, usually about midnight to 2 am I get sleepy so I lay down and do it all again.

Not really sure, I have been this way since I left the Marines back in 1996.  Just wake up about 4 hours after laying down and can't lay there, even trying to fall back asleep so I get up and start my day, usually about midnight to 2 am I get sleepy so I lay down and do it all again.

And getting 4 hours a night doesn't screw with your head? I get all out of whack when I go 2 night with little sleep.

Guess it depends from person to person.

If I get 8 hours a sleep for a full week, like when I have the early shift, I'm a wreck by thursday.

If I don't need to watch the clock I sleep between 9-10 hours a day. This week I've pulled a couple of 11 hour nights as well, but that might be due to circumstances.

When I go one night without sleep, by noon of the next day I barely even know if I'm alive anymore. I get in something that's more like a zombie than a dream state. very weird and disorienting.

So in the end, sleeping all day long till the sun goes down, only to go out for the hunt and find some lovely ladies to turn into vampires as well doesn't sound too bad for me. :)

Guess it depends from person to person.

If I get 8 hours a sleep for a full week, like when I have the early shift, I'm a wreck by thursday.

If I don't need to watch the clock I sleep between 9-10 hours a day. This week I've pulled a couple of 11 hour nights as well, but that might be due to circumstances.

When I go one night without sleep, by noon of the next day I barely even know if I'm alive anymore. I get in something that's more like a zombie than a dream state. very weird and disorienting.

So in the end, sleeping all day long till the sun goes down, only to go out for the hunt and find some lovely ladies to turn into vampires as well doesn't sound too bad for me. :)

Interesting. I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in a long time. If I got 7 hours a night for a week, I would consider that heaven. I remember getting 10 hours once only, and it was because prior to that I didn't sleep for 3 days straight due to the onset of bronchitis. Once I received meds with Codeine, I konked out for 10 hours that night and woke up super refreshed.

Hehe, like I said it all depends.

I know someone at work who only sleeps for 4-6 hours a night and has been doing so for as long as he can remember. Never had a problem with it.

When I do that for 3 nights in a row, I start breaking down and can barely function during the day.

The longest I have slept (besides being sick, as you can do crazy hours when things get pretty bad) was just over 16 hours.

Again, nothing special happened that week, besides me only getting about 6 hours sleep for a couple of days at the end of a morning shift, so I fell asleep friday evening around 8PM and woke up somewhere after noon on saturday.

Not something I've done since though.

Hehe, like I said it all depends.

I know someone at work who only sleeps for 4-6 hours a night and has been doing so for as long as he can remember. Never had a problem with it.

When I do that for 3 nights in a row, I start breaking down and can barely function during the day.

The longest I have slept (besides being sick, as you can do crazy hours when things get pretty bad) was just over 16 hours.

Again, nothing special happened that week, besides me only getting about 6 hours sleep for a couple of days at the end of a morning shift, so I fell asleep friday evening around 8PM and woke up somewhere after noon on saturday.

Not something I've done since though.

I knew someone who was sick and literally slept through an entire day. He went to bed Friday night and woke up Sunday morning. That would freak me out and piss me off if I slept through a Saturday.

I knew someone who was sick and literally slept through an entire day. He went to bed Friday night and woke up Sunday morning. That would freak me out and piss me off if I slept through a Saturday.

That doesn't surprise me at all, you can go as long as 3 days when you get sick enough. you will "wake up" a couple of times during that, but won't even remember anything due to the fever.

by the way, the pirate talk in the Shoutbox is when I am wide awake

The fact that some people need that part to be explained alone makes my day. :lol:

Some people think I am a weirdo already so I will leave it to you all to decide if the little sleep I get is messing with my head (by the way, the pirate talk in the Shoutbox is when I am wide awake).

At least now I know why you are so active on the website. You have 4-5 extra hours per day over the rest of us! Man, I am so jealous. I could scan and upload 1 magazine per day with that kinda schedule.

At least now I know why you are so active on the website. You have 4-5 extra hours per day over the rest of us! Man, I am so jealous. I could scan and upload 1 magazine per day with that kinda schedule.

I don't mean to make anyone jealous but I have even more time than that since I am self employed and work out of my home so when I have down time there, it is a matter of minimizing a window or switching windows and I am off doing something for RM or UNG.  Real quick commute.