District 9 Movie Out This Week

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Anyone else wanting to see District 9 this week, I may end up waiting until next week so that I dont have to deal with the crowds....but this is the first movie I have wanted to see this summer. I went to Harry Potter a few weeks ago with the girl.....but it was only because she is a fan. I have skipped seeing Transformers, Terminator and a few others.....but I think I may have to see this one :)

Anyone else wanting to see District 9 this week, I may end up waiting until next week so that I dont have to deal with the crowds....but this is the first movie I have wanted to see this summer. I went to Harry Potter a few weeks ago with the girl.....but it was only because she is a fan. I have skipped seeing Transformers, Terminator and a few others.....but I think I may have to see this one :)

Transformers had a lot of stuff blow up, but if you are into more of a legit story or even if you are into the mythos of transformers you would have been dissapointed. Terminator was kinda sucky. District 9 looks good and I am also looking forward to "Gamer" because we have ALL thought of that one.

I saw it last night, and enjoyed it more than Transformers. It was very detailed, involved & personal. Being filmed in South Africa, I recognized nothing in the background, nor the foreground. Watching plenty of Britcoms, I still couldn't wrap my head around the South African accents. Looking at the junk in the background, it looks like even older computers in SA were different. It was refreshing to see a movie cleaned of all familiar pop culture.

As for the story, there's a few plot holes & unexplained things here & there, but that did not detract from enjoyment.

• 4 weeks later...

Really looking forward to seeing this but will wait a week or 2 untill the crowd dies down, I hate queing, even though I have an unlimited pass you STILL have to que, aaarrrrrrrghhh

Not going to spoil anything for anyone, will say that the movie was much more entertaining then I taught, and the ending was better then I had expected.