Stewie Griffin Confirmed Gay

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

I knew it! :P

Seth MacFarlane is finally spilling the secrets of "Family Guy" — including the fact that, yes, baby Stewie is gay.

"We had an episode that went all the way to the script phase in which Stewie does come out,” MacFarlane, the show’s creator, says in the September issue of Playboy magazine. “It had to do with the harassment he took from other kids at school. He ends up going back in time to prevent a passage in Leviticus from being written: ‘Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is an abomination.’

"But we decided it’s better to keep it vague, which makes more sense because he’s a 1-year-old. Ultimately, Stewie will be gay or a very unhappy repressed heterosexual. It also explains why he’s so hellbent on killing [his mother, Lois] and taking over the world: He has a lot of aggression, which comes from confusion and uncertainty about his orientation."

In the issue — on stands tomorrow — MacFarlane also weighs in on why Protestant Lois seems to have a Jewish accent.

"Watch this season!” he says. “Lois finds out she is, in fact, Jewish.”

As for his advice to girls who are like Meg (the nerdy, unpopular sister), the funnyman says, “I guess maybe her parents aren’t as loving as they should be. As a result, I would say, ‘Your parents are a—holes. Get out of the house as soon as you can.”

The hit Fox show, which kicks off its eighth season on Sept. 27, has even generated a spinoff, “The Cleveland Show,” which focuses on main character Peter Griffin’s neighbor pal Cleveland Brown. Fans of the program will be happy to know that there will definitely be some crossover between the two shows.

But how did Cleveland — who some fans consider one of “Family Guy’s” least-interesting characters — score his own series?

“Cleveland is soulful and dimensional,” MacFarlane says. “Maybe he didn’t have enough to do [on “Family Guy”], and as a result, he came off dull. He makes a point of saying that in ‘The Cleveland Show’ pilot: ‘I’m sick of being just an accessory to Peter’s world. I’ve got my own s—t going on.”

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/08/...l#ixzz0O60tkaVg

• Retromags Curator

the only problem with what he said in the interview is that Stewie hasn't been hellbent on killing Lois since the second season. It annoys me to no end that they still market him as evil and bent on matricide and world domination when he gave those things up in season 2, 8 years ago. As soon as they dropped that stuff and started hinting that Stewie was a swish, the show went downhill. At least for me anyways. Stewie isn't really funny unless he is being evil, and he certainly isn't funny "being" gay. He's just annoying.

Hence me not watching the show at all last season. Just as American Dad became funnier than Family Guy, I suspect The Cleveland Show will also be funnier. I had always wanted Family Guy to come back after the second time it was canceled, but after seeing how the show changed, I kind of wish it hadn't. Instead of building jokes into a good plot, they try to build a plot around some jokes. And the jokes aren't as funny anymore. They are all pop culture based. They were funnier then they had a bit of fun racism behind them too.

Oh well. I lost hope for that show a while back. At least his interview is an excuse to get the issue and look at the airbrushed dames :)

And since when do magazines come out on a Friday?

What about the episode where Stewie loans brian money and when it comes time to pay Stewie back he turns into a stereotypical loan shark who beats him within an inch of his life and sets him on fire? That is evil, but Brian gets revenge at the end of the show when he pushes Stewie in front of a speeding bus.

I don't think Stewie being gay can be any worse than Lois sleeping around with everyone and the dog. Meg is a little flaky too and Peter is so fat and stupid I don't understand why Meg doesn't shoot him.

• Retromags Curator

Meh, that wasn't him being evil; he was just being a jerk. I mean real evil, like in the first season. Crazy ideas to take over the world and/or kill Lois. That is what made Stewie amusing. There are enough gays in shows now. He was the only evil genius. Now he's just another poof.

And unless it happened this past season, Lois never slept with the dog :)

Meh, that wasn't him being evil; he was just being a jerk. I mean real evil, like in the first season. Crazy ideas to take over the world and/or kill Lois. That is what made Stewie amusing. There are enough gays in shows now. He was the only evil genius. Now he's just another poof.

And unless it happened this past season, Lois never slept with the dog :)

Didn't they have an episode last season (or two seasons ago) where Stewie played out a simulation where he DID in fact kill Lois and take over the world? I think he kinda gave up the idea (temporarily) because it "didn't turn out well" for him.

• Retromags Curator

Didn't they have an episode last season (or two seasons ago) where Stewie played out a simulation where he DID in fact kill Lois and take over the world? I think he kinda gave up the idea (temporarily) because it "didn't turn out well" for him.

Yeah, they did. But it was just a simulation. And the fact that Stewie used a real gun instead of an invention like he would have from the first season made him a murderer instead of an evil genius. Anyhow, enough about my disappointment in this show. The last good episode I saw is the one where Peter is obsessed with the Surfin Bird song.

Yeah, they did. But it was just a simulation. And the fact that Stewie used a real gun instead of an invention like he would have from the first season made him a murderer instead of an evil genius. Anyhow, enough about my disappointment in this show. The last good episode I saw is the one where Peter is obsessed with the Surfin Bird song.

Was that the episode where Peter is saying something about "bird is the word" throughout?

That's the one.

LOL, yes, that was a good one. I love how one simple record can go that far out of control on that show. I also was a big fan of the time Peter got red furry footie pajamas so that he didn't have to chose between being warm AND going to the bathroom. Only to find out the joys of static electricity.

For me, family guy kinda became dull after the second season. The only character that I really like is Stewie and the character really brings out how good that jokes in the show can be. I hope they don't really (though I know they would) "reveal" that Stewie is gay because it was that ambiguity and stewie's gender issues that made the show funny in my opinion. Opening up with stewie would stop that.

• Retromags Curator

For me, family guy kinda became dull after the second season. The only character that I really like is Stewie and the character really brings out how good that jokes in the show can be. I hope they don't really (though I know they would) "reveal" that Stewie is gay because it was that ambiguity and stewie's gender issues that made the show funny in my opinion. Opening up with stewie would stop that.

After the second season is pretty much when they stopped the storyline about Stewie trying to take over the world and having him try to kill Lois. I think that is also when they did more pop culture jokes instead of the racially sensitive jokes, which were always funny because it was a "Holy cow, how can they say that on TV?", reaction.