Marvel V. Capcom 2

Did anyone pick up Capcom's rerelease (with minor tweeks) of Marvel v. Capcom 2? I was hoping to find some cool people to play against and not the ones that rage quit because I got crazy lucky. Not to mention, a couple of the trophies are ridiculously hard (where hard means it would take a lot of luck or the ability to play forever..neither of which I have) and was hoping to have someone I could farm them with.

It is out in Europe now! Remember that you will probably have to download their new demo first. If you ever want to play or farm the gold trophy ( 50 one char victories online) message me here or send an invite when I am on. Going to be a busy weekend, but ivwill probably be on all night tonight.

Wow, missed this reply. :-/

I still haven't seen the game in the European store, only the demo. But I'll check again today.

What does worry me though is that I just found out that Backbone did the port and I haven't been happy with a single game they did.

They seem to mess something up every single time. :sad:

Just like I found out myself on Puzzle Fighter last week, it just feels completely off compared to the Saturn and PSone versions. Heck even the GBA version was a lot more faithful than this mess on PSN.

Did anyone pick up Capcom's rerelease (with minor tweeks) of Marvel v. Capcom 2? I was hoping to find some cool people to play against and not the ones that rage quit because I got crazy lucky. Not to mention, a couple of the trophies are ridiculously hard (where hard means it would take a lot of luck or the ability to play forever..neither of which I have) and was hoping to have someone I could farm them with.

What system is this on? If someone sets up a server that we can play the PC version on, I'd be interested. But I don't have the time to play games long enough to warrant the cost of monthly subscriptions.

For now I'll play MvC2 on Dreamcast.

Wow, missed this reply. :-/

I still haven't seen the game in the European store, only the demo. But I'll check again today.

What does worry me though is that I just found out that Backbone did the port and I haven't been happy with a single game they did.

They seem to mess something up every single time. :sad:

Just like I found out myself on Puzzle Fighter last week, it just feels completely off compared to the Saturn and PSone versions. Heck even the GBA version was a lot more faithful than this mess on PSN.

So far this version (PS3) feels EXACTLY like the Dreamcast version (except for Gambits mega cheater jump).

Downloaded it yesterday and it seems fine so far.

Haven't been able to play much these past few days, but I'm looking forward to having some nice bouts.

Hopefully the broken online isn't as bad as people keep mentioning.

Must say that I'm terrible at the game now though.

I couldn't even finish off all 3 opponents within the time limit in the 3 games I played. :lol:

Guess I'm to used to the traditional fighting styles than the crazy shit this game throws at you.

I would have loved it if they released X-Men vs Street Fighter though, as for some reason I always liked that one more on the Saturn when it comes to the vs games.

Well, besides SNK vs Capcom that is.

Downloaded it yesterday and it seems fine so far.

Haven't been able to play much these past few days, but I'm looking forward to having some nice bouts.

Hopefully the broken online isn't as bad as people keep mentioning.

Must say that I'm terrible at the game now though.

I couldn't even finish off all 3 opponents within the time limit in the 3 games I played. :lol:

Guess I'm to used to the traditional fighting styles than the crazy shit this game throws at you.

I would have loved it if they released X-Men vs Street Fighter though, as for some reason I always liked that one more on the Saturn when it comes to the vs games.

Well, besides SNK vs Capcom that is.

Yeah, it took me several days to get back into the swing of this game. I like it more and more all the time though. It SHOULD be enough to get me through until Tekken 6.

We should get toether and practce / farm for those last couple of trophies.

hehe, last couple of trophies? I still don't have a single one. :)

The only problem is always the time zone difference.

But seeing as I have 4-5 weeks of vacation I need to catch up and I still have another sick week next week, it shouldn't be much of a problem get together once in a while. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I love this game, anyone want to throw down a couple rounds? I will have to say i am a bit cheap as i pick the Ken, Ryu, and Juggernaut team.

I am normally up for a few games. I will try not to use my uber team...sadly I have been using them so long I am pretty poor with everyone else. Anyway. Add Hidinger to your PS3 account and invite me. I try to get on whenever I can. If you PM me with a specific time I can try and make it at that time (if I am not working)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...