Buying A Tv

dstryr420

I don't really have any recommendations (I am still using my 6 year old 32" CRT) but it would probably be helpful to people if you gave details like what size you are interested in and your price range. Also, is it safe to assume that you want a 16x9 HDTV monitor? Desired resolution? etc.

budget- I'd like to keep it under $1200 if i could...of course, the less i spend, the better;) for what i want out of it, im sure thats a high budget..

what i want out of it- well, i'd love a 56" plasma, but i don't wanna get crazy, bc after 6 or 12 months, its my plan to move back into my parents house... and a shoebox of a room... and a 56" plasma wouldnt fit in unless half of it hung out the window;)

im lookin for around 30-40 inches, and something not too deep/heavy. I think a 16:9 would be good. If its not an HDTV, i can live- at the new place I won't even have HD..not planning on an HD-DVD till they work out thier compatibility etc and come down in price...

i'd rather go for quality than just size. I was in bestbuy for a minute today, and noticed 2 TVs- the DLP one was smaller, but more $, and the picture looked brigher and better than the tv next to it. Even if anyone can just suggest what type to look for, i can figure out size once i move in and see what space i have empty.. just dont wanna buy some old technology or shitty technology, and i have to admit, i havent kept up with tv technology at all;(

Yeah, well here is a great resource for learning about the different technologies and what's the best quality and most cost-efficient.

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3701

I'd also suggest maybe checking out some of the computer monitor/tvs they have at like Office Depot or Office Max. I work at a Office Depot and our store recently received a pretty big line of quality monitors at a decent price (widescreen, HD, etc). But a standalone tv would probably be best.