PS3 to come with full Linux!

DealBot

For $700 at release time, it'd better also make my breakfast, fetch the paper, take the dog for a walk, and wipe my butt.

Sony has always played the "underground" market ever since the PSX console. They know exactly how to make a console popular, even when they have the biggest problem against them...price point! Here they have a machine that costs MORE than your typical computer system, and still only plays games and hi-def movies (and not even normal DVDs!). So, you'd need to have a hi-def system already to enjoy everything it's designed for.

Every fan in the country will now go out and buy one to hack around with linux, giving Sony bragging rights that they "sold out" of their initial stock on release week only because people want to see what Sony will let them do on their machine.

IMO, I think Sony will be a day late and a dollar too much vs. the 360 and Wii.