Sign in to follow this  
Phillyman

Which Video Game Console Do You Own The Most Games For?

I was wondering what console you guys have the most video games for? For me .....I have 97 Atari 2600 games, the NES comes in second place with 53 games :lol:

What about the rest of you?

Discounting the PC as a platform in this case (otherwise the 500+ titles I own for it would easily eclipse every other system), I'd have to go with the Genesis. Last year alone, I added nearly 200 titles to my Genesis library. In addition, I don't collect sports games, and I don't count duplicates as those eventually get weeded out of the collection, so I've got somewhere close to 300 unique titles in my Genesis collection alone. Adding in 32X and Sega CD titles bumps that number into the upper 300s.

*sigh* I'm an addict...

*huggles*

Areala

I've got about 15-20 game's for most of my console's but I own the most game's for my Ps1. I have about 30 or so for it. Man, I wish I had as many Mega Drive game's as Areala. I guess with that amount of game's there's no way to get the time to play many of them, but it would still be really cool to have such a great choice of game's to play. :)

I would have to say GameCube/Wii. Why both? Because I never owned an actual GameCube. I started collecting for my Wii. The total between the two adds up to about...

39 GameCube Games

12 Wii Games

22 Virtual Console Games

1 Wiiware Game

So I can play a total of 74 games on my Wii. All legit. I expect that list to go past 100 in less than a year :D

I have about 60 NES titles, and about 25 SNES titles... I think in third place is probably Gamecube at about 20 games.

Game development is great fun and extremely rewarding and ultimately, why we are all here at Game Institute, but unfortunately there is a whole world of game development that most people never get to experience anymore -- hardware design. In the 70’s and 80’s a “game developer” not only designed the game itself.

Download Flv Player

Counting physical titles, PS3. Over 160. Next in line would be PS2 at 138. Then Atari 2600 around 124 or so. Then with approx 100 games each would be PS1, DS, and NES.

30 SNES. I seem to concentrate on the hardware. I need to start grabbin some games. I'm always waiting for that one moment to find someone selling the collection. one day.............

After a few years of buying used games, my PS2 collection is now my largest, followed by the DS. I've got quite a number of PC games as well.

However, when it comes to owning a large percentage of a console's library, I'm looking at about 80% of the Vectrex library now (including the 3D viewer and its games). I've yet to snag a Light Pen and its games and a few other odds and ends.

I've got more Xbox 360 games now than I ever owned for any of my retro consoles, but then I have more money now so I guess it's relative. Of all my retro consoles though my Sega Megadrive (U.K for Genesis) was the one I had the most for, around 20 or so. :D

Not counting PC games (I've got 276 games on my Steam account alone) the console that I own the most games for is the Playstation 1. I know I have over 100 games for it not sure of the exact count. To this day I haven't played all the games I own for it.

NES I think I have about 615 not counting doubles.

GBA 57

SNES 55

Gamecube 53

genesis 38

Nintendo 64">N64 25

PS3 14

10 Famicom 4 disk system.

Wii 6

a bit too many.

Wow some of you folks have tons of games:

We have the following:

Playstation 2: 112

Nintendo DS: 31

Game Boy: 30

Nintendo 64: 13

But we are always out for more.

My top five are:

Atari 2600: 654

Sony PlayStation: 301

Sega Dreamcast: 156

Nintendo NES: 115

Mattel Intellivsion: 112

All together, I have 3081 games, not counting Japanese stuff.

props to Gnash for having a Yusuke avatar. awesome.

Uh, other than PC of course, I'm gonna say Playstation. I got it at the age where I started being able to buy stuff for it, so I went nuts on buying games for it. I was a huge diehard squaresoft fan, so if there's a square rpg for playstation, I probably have it.

Wow, you guys are quite hardcore. My biggest collection would be Atari 2600 with over 50 games, PS2 at 37, and Xbox 360 at 28. I have a lot of consoles throughout the generations. So I guess my focus is on getting the old-school systems rather than games for them. My smallest game collection would probably be Nintendo 64">N64 at 5 games, even the Sega Saturn beats that at 7 games. lol. I think because I also spend money buying complete games in its box, manual, disc or cartridge, instead of just only the game. So my collection ends up being smaller than expected.