KiwiArcader's Work In Progress

KiwiArcader

GamePro issue 137 (127 for Retromaggers) is now available over at OGM

I know it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it, but it's pretty hard to deny that this is issue 137. It's right there on the cover. A New Hope wasn't episode 1 just because it was the first one out. I suppose the only way to reconcile the two systems is to say that this is issue 137, the 127th issue.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY - Thanks!!

I know. I understand that they released 10 issues classified as specials so there is an inconsistency in the numbering but in my mind if they say it's issue 137 on the cover I am going to call it issue 137. That's why the date is in my naming convention before the issue number. It becomes irrelevant where the specials reside and so on simply by sorting by date. They just slot in with special in the name rather than an issue number thus numbering is preserved and aligned with the actual cover numbering.

AND ..... you're welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

In response to marktrade's call for editiors I've edited issue 15 of PC Gamer (USA). The PDF version can be obtained over at OGM and here's a link to a .CBR with the additional retromags page if someone wants to include it here..

015.jpg

That squealing you hear? Don't pay any attention to that. Just me fangirling out over this here PC Gamer scan. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

Another of marktrade's awesome scans gets an edit. This time it's issue 11 of MegaTech. The PDF can be downloaded via OGM and here's a link to a .CBR version (I just realised as I write this that I forgot to add the Retromags page to the .CBR) if someone wants to upload it here.

This issue was weird to edit as the pages seemed to have issues with clusters of text not actually being level with others which made editing a bit of a mission ........

11.jpg

• Like 4

Anything is better than nothing. The fact we have six issues at all is great news as they aren't all that common on auction sites nowadays so kudos to Phillyman for acquiring and marktrade for scanning them. I am working through these before getting back onto PC Gamer because they are way, way smaller than those are :)

• Like 2

Well, as both you and I can atest to that generally doesn't happen all that much :mellow:

Right. And when I'm done scanning something, it's destroyed and gets tossed out. If I just scanned all my stuff and relied upon somebody else taking up the editing chores, the vast majority would remain ugly unedited files which would fill me with regret whenever I decided to read them again. I prefer to keep my mags intact until I'm able to replace them with a digital version of the same or better quality, for my own sake more than anything else, really.

• Like 2

MegaTech issue 06 is now available in PDF format here and in .CBR format here.

I forgot to clean up the front page on this one before uploading it but I need to move on to the next one as I am way behind in my scanning quota so feel free to edit it is so desired.....

06.jpg

I took a look at this and its alot more than the cover that needs editing. The back page has some major rips, and the rest needs cleanup as well. I'll clean up the cover for you in my spare time though. But this IMO does not meet the editing requirments to go up here. Our admins may allow it of course. It's also not the retromags resolution standard of course eigther. Although I appreciate making a CBR version with retormags credit page.

Also what is the resolution target for OGM? And how would I make a pdf? The stuff Ive done here I have high resoltion 600 dpi originals that wouldnt take long to resize and pack.

These are marktrade's scans so I am guessing 300DPI. I don't change resolution/DPI settings at all.

I appreciate you and E-Day follow the Meppi code of editing the heck out of things which is fine and dandy. I follow the "get as much up as possible" practice nowadays as one, I'm old so time isn't on my side and two, I would rather scan than edit. marktrade put up a swag load of raw scans for people to edit, and apart from Depressor doing a few Super Play's nothing else has happened so I thought I'd whack a few up and at least they would be presentable. That's partly why I didn't upload them here but rather make them available via my Google Drive account in the event that someone wanted to edit them more before making a proper RM version. However, I'll stop that and let someone else do RM versions as of today.

As for OGM, I have my scanning members use 300DPI with preferably no page size dimension adjustments if they can get a mag into 400mb or less. However, people have different scanners and PC's so at the end of the day I have to be flexible as I'd rather have magazines preserved than not and driving contributors away by forcing strict guidelines becomes somewhat self defeating if they decide to stop scanning. Given how few people contribute I am adopting a tolerant approach to things.