KiwiArcader's Work In Progress

KiwiArcader

Here's something some people may like. Game Players PC Strategy Guide (Jul/Aug 1991) is now available at OGM. I received a box of magazines containing five issues of this title along a a lot of Computer Games: Strategy Plus magazines from the USA today. This is the first release of many ... :)

PCSG%20%281991-07%29.jpg

OMG this is awesome (and Computer Games: Strategy Plus issue 63 as well) thanks KiwiArcader.    I used to be really into military flight sims.  

Edited by parallaxscroll

OMG this is awesome (and Computer Games: Strategy Plus issue 63 as well) thanks KiwiArcader.    I used to be really into military flight sims.  

You're welcome. I was and still am into flight sim style games although in truth I'm much more into Battlefield style air combat now than the heavier sim titles. My Falcon 4.0 deluxe edition is still on my shelf but hasn't been opened in a decade ...

Windows Me pretty much failed to launch in the US as I recall.  When I first got to Japan in 2008, some of the office computers were still running Windows 2000, which is nearly the same thing, I guess.  Win Me/2000 meant jack all nothing for gamers, though, and by the time they were released, I imagine Microsoft was already working on replacing them with XP.  Which makes Win Me/2000 the 32x of Sega systems, I guess.

Some time ago I received GamePro issue 135 circa Dec 1999 from one of my scanning members. I think it was an early scan of theirs as there were a few problems (vertical scanning lines, non-straight pages etc) but it was certainly okay for reading to my mind. Well, I forgot I had it and recently scanned my copy of the magazine. After I saw the error of my ways I compared both copies and mine is better IMO so I have replaced it with the new version. Feel free to grab it and, if acceptable, convert it to CBR format and make it available here as it is currently classified as "Missing".

Note: This is issue 125 in Retromags numbering parlance. Additionally, there appeared to be a fold out supplement between pages 80-89 which was missing in both copies. My copy still had the perforated attachment suggesting a gate-fold poster of some description.

135.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty more UK to come too although I'm currently scanning a big pile of "too new to release" mags at present to shift them into recycling. With my job being axed early next year I don't know if we might be forced to sell the house and downsize so I'm raw scanning all my new mags so I don't have to pack them. I'd rather take my older mags with me if that were to occur.

Expect service to resume on PC Format / PC Gamer (UK) in a week or so....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update really.

I have plonked down a big wad of PAYPAL cash for another shipment of Computer Games: Strategy Plus issues along with hopefully some really interesting and until now unseen PC magazines on the scanning front. I'm talking about Total PC Gaming by Imagine Publishing (only 31 issues were published) and for flight sim fanatics I am hoping to get a few issues of an Australian sim magazine called Computer Pilot. This magazine ceased publication in 2011 and was taken up by a German outfit in 2013 and who took subscriptions from a great number of people and have never released a single issue or refunded those people so I have absolutely no qualms about scanning and making older issues available at OGM.

With the holidays upon us and family flying in and staying with us tomorrow scanning is now on the back burner for a couple of weeks. Hopefully by the time I am back into it again this lot of magazines will have arrived and we'll have some really nice magazines to start the new year off with a bang  :)

Everyone have a safe and festive break regardless of your religious faith, or not, as the case may be. Stay safe everyone ....

Kiwi

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Until a database entry is made for this title you can grab PDF copies of Games International from OGM. Issues 1 - 6 have been converted to 300 DPI with a vertical height of 3500 pixels making for a nice file size of 150MB's approx. No other adjustments have been made in regards to brightness/color etc.

Huge thanks go out to marktrade for managing to acquire and scan these. Flippin' awesome is all I can say :D 

02.jpg

• Like 1