KiwiArcader's Work In Progress

KiwiArcader

These cover board games from what I can tell. The subsequent issues which were named Strategy Plus onward saw computer games added to the mix. Strategy Plus included Amiga/St games as well as PC hence the name change I believe.

UPDATE ... I might be wrong on the above as issue 09 has Millenium 2.2, a strategy game for Amiga and ST on the cover along with reviews of it and Populous so it looks like even before the name change they were progressing into computer gaming reviews.

Edited by KiwiArcader

All sixteen issues of Games International are now online along over at OGM with all six issues of Strategy Plus. Once again, hats off to marktrade for the excellent scans. Man, I'm looking forward to getting the next shipment of Computer Games: Strategy Plus issues from Cameron. Once my visitors leave on the 4th I'll be able to hook the scanner back up again and get to work on the two issues still sitting on my desk.

02.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

CD-Rom User issue 09 is now available at OGM . I know marktrade likes multimedia oriented magazines so thought I'd knock it out for him. Unfortunately it's the only issue I possess of this particular title

09.jpg

Thanks, Kiwi! This looks great.

I've added an ebay search so I can keep track of more issues, if they become available.

• Retromags Curator

marktrade's raw scans of Play issue 45 have been edited and compiled into the obligatory OGM PDF file for everyone to download and enjoy.

45.jpg

I like boobs as much as the next girl, but this game and Red Ninja were two PS2 titles that made me do double-(D)-takes. Physics just don't work like that when it comes to people that top-heavy. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

Retromags member Alex1 forwarded a lovely package of mags half way around the world to me, God bless him, and as a result CVG issue 154, one of the previously unscanned issues, is now available over at OGM. If you are into UK mags this is probably a must read   :)

154.jpg

*whistles*

375 megs! This one's a big boy. Thank you so much, Kiwi!! :)

*huggles*

Areala

LOL, Kiwi.  I was surprised to see that your pics weren't loading and found out I had been blocked from your site.  Confused, I noticed that my VPN was connected to the Sydney hub (which is one I don't normally use.)  Switching to a different hub solved the problem - I guess it's just Australia you want to keep out.  :P 

WOW!!!

Just received a package, well, three packages from Cameron today. I now have a HUGE pile of Computer Games: Strategy Plus issues to scan. In case anyone is interested the issues are:

60,69,89,90,92,93,95,99,100,119,121,123,135,137,140,143,145,146,148,150,151,152,153,155,156,157-160,162-164,167,169,172-176,178-180,184-186,191,195,196

In addition to that I also have eighteen issues of Computer Pilot, an Australian mag devoted to flight sims.

This lot cost way, way more in postage than what Cameron charged me so if anyone who is into these wants to help out please consider donating over at OGM via PAYPAL so I can send him additional funds. He's made the mags available for free so any help covering the postage shortfall getting these to me for scanning I am guessing will be much appreciated.

• Like 4

In addition to all the above mentioned magazines that arrived we also have a little beauty. According to the Retromags database issue 09 of Computer Games (1983) published by Carnegie Publications Corp. is now available at OGM ... quite a different beast to the Computer Games:Strategy Plus magazine.

I'd include a cover image except that the "Insert other media" feature is no longer working by the look of it for external image URL's as it won't do anything even though it worked a couple of days ago  :cry:

I added it as an attachment .....

09.jpg

• Like 2