KiwiArcader's Work In Progress

KiwiArcader

5 hours ago, KiwiArcader said:

You obviously haven't been around Amiga Format then. It's like these two were joined at the hip in regards to wacky covers :-)

"Well you see, we had this new-fangled thing called a CD-ROM just lying around the office, filled to the brim with random stock photographs.  What were we supposed to do, let that go to waste?"

I whipped up a cover that they can use if anyone ever decides to bring PC Format back into print:

Picture1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Trickster said:

Hi Kiwi,

I love what you're doing, and would really like to help out. Unfortunately, I've not been able to register on your site as it never sends me an activation email, nor can I see any contact details anywhere.

Cheers,

Tricky (from Australia)

Yep, Kiwi's site isn't the best for social interaction between members.  But he doesn't have time to worry about that since he's too busy scanning magazines like a madman on fire.:)

Btw, you wouldn't happen to be the Australian Trickster from the Adventure Gamer would you?  If so, I love your blog (as one of the few PC game enthusiasts here).

Yeah, I left a reply to your comment over on the site.

Unfortunately, every time they upgrade Joomla versions they seem to break the SMTP mail by reintroducing some bug that's been around for years. If you PM me your details I'll manually create an account for you but truth be told there's no real need to have an account as there's no hidden content. I make everything available to everyone. About the only real benefit at this point is you don't need to submit an email address when posting comments.

I did run a forum off the back of the site but no-one posts comments on the site let alone partaking in the forum so I took it down again. I guess that's because of the lack of restrictions on downloading. Here you have to post a certain amount to get additional downloading access for example but I found that just generates spam posts and I'd rather spend time scanning mags  than moderating the forums.  :)

16 minutes ago, KiwiArcader said:

I did run a forum off the back of the site but no-one posts comments on the site let alone partaking in the forum so I took it down again. I guess that's because of the lack of restrictions on downloading. Here you have to post a certain amount to get additional downloading access for example but I found that just generates spam posts and I'd rather spend time scanning mags  than moderating the forums.  :)

It's been a loooong time since we've had anyone obviously post something in an attempt to bump their post count.  Most newbs post one or two comments and that's it (never even getting to the point that their posts don't have to be moderator-approved.)  95% or more of our forum posts are from longtime members, and I can honestly say I've only ever seen one post in the past 3 years that I considered spam.

Hell, I WISH there was more forum activity that needed to be moderated.  But then, I'd rather be doing that (or uploading images, or reading a book, or staring at a wall, or...anything, really) than scanning magazines, so hey - we all enjoy different things :P