Computer game reviews from Dragon magazine.

Crookedmouth

I have quite a few issues of Dragon magazine (a role-playing magazine) from the 80's that have computer sections.

I think that the sections were written well and had a neat perspective from the RPG sector.

I was just wondering if this was content that should be archived (just the computer sections) or if it should be saved for a RetroRPGMags site. :)

Just a thought.

CM

I remember Dragon fondly. While I didn't actively play RPGs much(paper & pencil), I did have my share of books, as well as a Dragon magazine subscription. They did a pretty decent review of RPGs back in the day, called "The Role of Computers".

I even bought some Dragon issues from a used bookstore, the issues I had from my subscription. Sadly, not the first issue I bought that I read over & over again, could not be found.

I would like to see a "role of computers" section. It would be fun to read their RPG reviews since they went a bit more in depth than others.

• Retromags Curator

Ahh, Dragon Magazine. My favorite magazine of all time. :)

I've got the "Dragon Magazine Archive" which was a compilation of the first 250 issues of Dragon in PDF format released by TSR back in the late 1990s. It's one of the best birthday presents I ever received, and now it's long out of print, just like the magazines themselves. Well worth every cent spent on it though, I can tell you that. All those "Role of Computers" articles are soooo juicy... :)

*huggles*

Areala