Final Fantasy 3 USA

Data

I never really played this one. We had rented it once, and I remember finding it hard. I kept dying going from the one castles at the beginning and trying to cross the desert to get to the next destination. I was a sad sexual harrassment panda.

That's what early Final Fantasy is all about. You gotta spend an hour outside of a hotel and fight monsters until your all leveled up making sure you have enough gold to pay for your stay. This game was emulated well in 1996 and that was the last time I played it. At least with an instant save you can be sure you won't lose hours of work.

O yes!! U just can't beat the early days of Final Fantasy

O the memories!! :D

Possibly.... How about the early days of Phantasy Star?

I think the first Phantasy Star has got to be my favorite RPG of all time. Then again I may just be saying that because it's the most played for me. I do love FF6 don't get me wrong. And about 15 years ago I would have said it was my favorite RPG of all time but maybe it's not.

Sorry it's just too close to call for me. PS or FF6

• 11 months later...

Only Final Fantasy II or IV Japan can come close. Along with my other favorite IX. IMO VII was made to be liked by a wider audience which it did. But real jrpg players know that VII has nothing on III aka VI Japan.

Dunno, I love them both, but 4 and 5 are just masterpieces compared to the rest of the saga. I'm playing for the first time FFXII and I'm enjoying it, but it's missing something, can't explain what it is but I feel like playing a Final Fantasy Tactics instead of a real FF saga member.

They say FFX is the best since FFVII, gotta check it out ASAP to see if that's true cool.gif

Nah, FFX just has almost as many fanboys as FFVII, sometimes for the same reason (the first game someone played).

By the way, I just got around to replaying FFXII, coincidentally. I have to say it's my favorite since the SNES days, as long as you keep an open mind and not try to focus on the differences to other games. There's actually almost as many references in FFXII to older games as were in FFIX, but the references are a bit more subtle this time.

True!

I remember back in the day when someone that didn't know anything about FF all of a sudden did.

Some kid: Hey did you play Final Fantasy?

Me: Umm... which one.

Some kid: The one on PlayStation Duh!!!

Me: Oh Seven yeah it's ok, but have you played any of the others?

Some kid: What others?

Me: On the NES and SNES

Some kid: No those look too ugly.

Same thing happened when FFX came out but not quite to the same extent. I think FFVII made a huge impact on video games where as FFX was more like a dent.

As for XII and XIII hated them oh and while I'm on the subject IX and X2 and XI all hated.

I do believe there will never be another good FF game. It's fine to try new things out but I just don't think the FF series is any good anymore.

True!

I remember back in the day when someone that didn't know anything about FF all of a sudden did.

Some kid: Hey did you play Final Fantasy?

Me: Umm... which one.

Some kid: The one on PlayStation Duh!!!

Me: Oh Seven yeah it's ok, but have you played any of the others?

Some kid: What others?

Me: On the NES and SNES

Some kid: No those look too ugly.

Same thing happened when FFX came out but not quite to the same extent. I think FFVII made a huge impact on video games where as FFX was more like a dent.

As for XII and XIII hated them oh and while I'm on the subject IX and X2 and XI all hated.

I do believe there will never be another good FF game. It's fine to try new things out but I just don't think the FF series is any good anymore.

Totally agree. EVERYONE hopped on FF at VII.. I think it was partially because it had it's own commercial on TV. All of a sudden people who had only been playing sports games picked up "one of those talking games."

I haven't touched a Final Fantasy since IX(I actually liked IX). I took a look at X and it just wasn't anything I wanted to take part in so I left it alone. I tried 11, I think it was, but it was boring (And I needed a KEYBOARD?!)so I quit. It felt like some kind of WoW wannabe, not FF.

I don't like how cinematics have taken the place of the on-screen characters moving around the screen and talking at certain points. That always felt so much more natural. Another thing that bugs me is the lack of artwork by Yoshitaka Amano. His work in the series ALWAYS made Final Fantasy what it is.

I think I've officially started liking Dragon Quest much more. It's more of what I want from an RPG. I've had more fun with the last two installments of DQ than I've had with any RPGs recently. DQ6 is also a great great game.

I tried 11, I think it was, but it was boring (And I needed a KEYBOARD?!)so I quit. It felt like some kind of WoW wannabe, not FF.

I have the same feeling about these new MMORPGs stealing the "Final Fantasy" name. I for one don't count XI and XIV as part of the saga.

The game that I hated the most was FFVIII, it changed that world of fantasy that I love from the saga for a realistic future mankind scenario... I hate it with all my hearth! Damn Nintendo, how did you let Square runnaway with Sony... Wasted years mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I've got a friend who has been playing FF 11 since it first came out. I just talked to him last night and turns out he is still playing it. If you ask me that's just crazy!

I understand that the FFXI servers nowadays are controlled by a selected geeks mafia... Just like Gladiatus and many other MMORPGs around the web... Can you ask your friend if that's true?