Donkey Kong Country

Data

Another great ad. I remember seeing someone playing this game in a shop when it was just released, and being blown away by the amazing graphic's. I only played it for a couple of minute's in the shop though and didn't get around to buying a copy.

I know it got a lot of positive press coverage at the time and it does look really good but I don't know how it compares against other platformer's like the brilliant Super Mario World or Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Hopefully I'll get the chance to play it one day.

Another great ad. I remember seeing someone playing this game in a shop when it was just released, and being blown away by the amazing graphic's. I only played it for a couple of minute's in the shop though and didn't get around to buying a copy.

I know it got a lot of positive press coverage at the time and it does look really good but I don't know how it compares against other platformer's like the brilliant Super Mario World or Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Hopefully I'll get the chance to play it one day.

Oh boy, everyone I knew in and around 1995 who had a Super Nintendo bought this game. Nintendo spent three years creating the characters and textures for this game engine. The characters and environment were fully rendered and the sound is CD quality. Nintendo set the new standard for games. It has a perfect balance of difficulty and the gameplay is as deep or deeper than Super Mario World while remaining easy enough for a child to play through and there were secrets galore.

• Like 1

Hey, thank's for the information on Donkey Kong Country. Man, it seem's like I've been seriously misinformed about this game. Down through the year's a few people have told me that while the game looked good, it was over hyped and that the actual gameplay wasn't that great. I wish I had checked out the game for myself now, instead of taking their word for it.

On the upside, I can now look forward to checking out another great game. Thank's again for the head's up. :)