PS3 Network problem

Thor

Anyone else in this boat?

I want to download games but the only way I can do it is by buying a funds card at Best Buy or Wal-Mart. I don't want to do that.

I have tried to add funds to my wallet with 6 diff credit cards or debit cards since I've had the system. I tried it up in Wisconsin with 4 cards and 2 since I moved to Texas. No good it always tells me that I'm using an invalid card. I know this is an issue that has been on going for a while and is documented over the net. Not sure why Sony can't fix this retarded error.

I've even tried adding funds using my PC and it still gets the same error.

Just curious if anyone else had this issue.

• Retromags Curator

Anyone else in this boat?

I want to download games but the only way I can do it is by buying a funds card at Best Buy or Wal-Mart. I don't want to do that.

I have tried to add funds to my wallet with 6 diff credit cards or debit cards since I've had the system. I tried it up in Wisconsin with 4 cards and 2 since I moved to Texas. No good it always tells me that I'm using an invalid card. I know this is an issue that has been on going for a while and is documented over the net. Not sure why Sony can't fix this retarded error.

I've even tried adding funds using my PC and it still gets the same error.

Just curious if anyone else had this issue.

Wish I could help you, Thor, but I've always just used PSN cards. Easier and safer that way. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Yeah it's probably what I'll end up doing. But I only need $5 more on my account to get FFVII so I didn't want to spend $20 and then have $15 laying around on my account forever. Oh well.

I had this problem for quite a while. The biggest thing is that you have and I mean HAVE to use a "Visa" branded card. It also has to be a straight up VISA credit card (not a debit card/credit card combo that takes money out of a checking account). Apparently the problem here isn't Sony but actually the 3rd party company that does the actual charging. In the very beginning the company got burned by people using fly by night credit cards and using debit cards (without the requried funds in their accounts). Because of this they took a hard stand on cards. It is also a good idea to call the credit card company (for the card you are using) and let them know what you are doing as well. A lot of credit card companys will stop an online transaction like this unless you have a history of online transactions (or call them first). So it could be a combination of those two things. I hope that helps.