I Can Provide Some Of Nintendo Power's Missing Posters And Covers

deutsch_joe

Hello, I'd like to let everybody know that I can provide the missing posters and covers for Nintendo Power issues:

When I initially subscribed to Nintendo Power, I backordered issues as far back as the little card would go. Unfortunatly, I didn't backorder anymore, not to mention that they were out of issues 138 and 140 when my huge box Nintendo Power arrived. :(

I have a scanner, so I can scan these myself in the same resolution and DPI that you guys have been scanning the older issues in.

Also, since I physically own issues 146 to the present one (unless my little brother's been tearing them up while I was away at college <_< ) I can help complete an issue if you guys are having trouble tracking down the poster, the covers of an issue or the entire issue in of itself.

It's not much, but I figure it's the least I could do after receiving such a huge piece of video game history. :)

Thank you for going to all of the work of scanning all of the issues. I just can't imagine how much work it was and how long it took... :blink:

Scan at 300dpi :)

When scanning posters make sure to overlap scans. (don't leave out a chunk in the middle)

Do not resize anything , that will be done after joining :)

And.....Thanks.

Every little bit helps :D

300dpi, overlapping scans and no resizing noted.

However, when you say "no resizing," do you just mean to keep the pictures at their 2000(or 3000)-something x 2000-something size right after the scanning is done or do you mean no cropping?

Keeping the pictures at their native scanning sizes isn't a problem, but if you're talking about cropping, I was planning on keeping my scanner lid visible around the edges of the scan anyway, and then letting the editor crop them the way he (or she) wants them. And of course I'm planning on orientating the covers and posters to be straight as possible on my scanner bed.

Is this acceptable?

Oh, additionally, I'm stuck on dial-up until Sunday or late Saturday. As I get them finished, I'll upload them overnight to that FTP I saw around here somewhere, as there is only one phone line available.

(Thank God I'm currently downloading the 10.1GB torrent on a broadband connection. 10.1GB on a dial-up connection would be killer.)

You got the idea :D

(I only bring up the resizing because trying to do a join when images have been cropped and resized is a pain)

I've finished everything except the last five covers.

A few of the things I've scanned aren't as great as I thought, but I'll submit them anyway and if they don't pass quality control, then oh well, can't say I didn't try. (I'll go into details about those things later, but it's late and I'm tired.)

I don't have dial-up connected to my computer yet and it's impossible to transfer files with the computer I'm currently using, but I might have a connection by tomorrow.

sorry I didnt notice your post earier...ive actually, already scanned a bunch of missing posters today...as it stands, the ones I have to scan are...

Missing Posters

08=dont have at all

90=dont have at all

92=dont have at all

at least you got some practice, though!

u2u me if you happen to scan any of the above ones...I won't be doing these for quite some time now..I plan on scanning volumes 148-176 next!

sorry I didnt notice your post earier...ive actually, already scanned a bunch of missing posters today...as it stands, the ones I have to scan are...

at least you got some practice, though!

u2u me if you happen to scan any of the above ones...I won't be doing these for quite some time now..I plan on scanning volumes 148-176 next!

I got your PM, KMFDManiac and it essentially says the same thing, so I'll just reply here:

Well then I won't worry about the last five.

Did you get the missing covers scanned though? What about those issues before 135?

And additionally, it'll be awhile before I even have access to the later issues.

(I'm a college student living with my parents over the summer. My parents are divorced. I'm staying at my mom's house until Sunday. My Nintendo Power issues are at my dad's house.

I brought the issues I said I would scan to my mom's house, which is why I am only able to currently scan those.)

But at any rate, if you aren't done with the entire thing by then, then I will start on the poster from issue 200 and work my way backwards on your list when I'm at my dad's. (I'll bring my computer.) That way, our scanning won't overlap as it did this time. My dad has DSL (Thank GOD.) so I'll be able to download AIM and talk to you while I'm doing it. (Sort of, as his computer will be connected to the Internet where mine won't. GRRR. :angry: )

feel free to scan any of the posters that I haven't gotten to as of yet...I don't plan on getting to them anytime soon, since I need to catch up on real issues again! volumes 148-176 will take at least a month or so to do!

again, the posters missing are...

08=dont have at all

90=dont have at all

92=dont have at all

just u2u me with your progress...

thanks for reading...

Are volumes 148-176 the only issues that have yet to be scanned? Or do all of them beyond 148 need to be scanned but you're stopping at 176 for some reason? The reason I'm asking is because either way, I find it kind of strange. If you already have them scanned, then how come you didn't scan the posters? If they aren't already scanned, why ask for the posters specifically?

Never mind all of that, I read your first post in that other thread. It should should have been obvious in the first place anyways.

Anyway if it's going to take a month to scan those issues (God, I can only imagine scanning all of those pages... :blink: ) then I will most likely have all of those posters scanned, unless something happens such as my scanner stops working or something.

Well, I've started scanning. I've scanned about half of what I said I would.

And, a few of the issues I couldn't find, so I'll bitch at my little brother about that once he gets home from summer school tomorrow.

For the posters that have two sides, you do want me to scan both right? Sometimes the "back side" is a continuation of what was on the previous page or another poster or something else, but I've been scanning both anyway.

One poster had a tear in it about an inch long, but I scanned it anyway. :angry:

So far, two posters have only had two "sections" as opposed to the usual three.

Also, I've noticed that there are miscellaneous removable things like stickers or game maps (not including the Player's Polls or Nintendo Power renewal cards.) Should I scan those or have those been scanned as well?

• Retromags Curator
Well, I've started scanning. I've scanned about half of what I said I would.

And, a few of the issues I couldn't find, so I'll bitch at my little brother about that once he gets home from summer school tomorrow.

For the posters that have two sides, you do want me to scan both right? Sometimes the "back side" is a continuation of what was on the previous page or another poster or something else, but I've been scanning both anyway.

One poster had a tear in it about an inch long, but I scanned it anyway. :angry:

So far, two posters have only had two "sections" as opposed to the usual three.

Also, I've noticed that there are miscellaneous removable things like stickers or game maps (not including the Player's Polls or Nintendo Power renewal cards.) Should I scan those or have those been scanned as well?

Renewal Cards are not important ......Basically scan anything that equals a page number in the magazine

But be careful with that statement .....cuz Nintendo Power loved to count posters as page numbers in some issues and not others :rolleyes: .....if you know the poster is missing or such .....make a note when you send them off to KMFDManic for incorporation into the collection

Renewal Cards are not important ......Basically scan anything that equals a page number in the magazine

But be careful with that statement .....cuz Nintendo Power loved to count posters as page numbers in some issues and not others :rolleyes: .....if you know the poster is missing or such .....make a note when you send them off to KMFDManic for incorporation into the collection

Well, I guess I'm almost finished scanning. My brother found a couple of the issues I'm missing, but there's one that doesn't have the poster in it. I'm guessing that this poster on his wall

p10100140gc.th.jpg

(click on the thumbnail and then the loaded picture for full 4.0 megapixel resolution on all of these pictures)

is what's supposed to be in that issue but I'm not sure. So...should I scan it anyway even though I don't know what issue it's from (I'm missing quite a few recent issues that he's gotten his hands on and I don't know anything about the game that poster is of) and if it has small pin holes in it?

There's one more issue that's at my other house. I'll scan it when I go there next week. I'll still get my current scans to KMFDManiac soon enough and when I'm done with that one issue's poster, I'll send it to him.

OK, so.... stickers such as this:

p10100130xm.th.jpg

aren't to be scanned. Neither are the back side of the posters which continue the article but don't count as pages:

p10100079ro.th.jpg

(You can see that pages 50 [if you zoom in on it] and 51 are in the magazine, but the article is continued on the back of the poster. However, I already scanned a few of these yesterday before I asked. Should I give those to KMFDManiac too?)

And of course, the posters are to be scanned:

p10100081ha.th.jpg

This was on the back of one poster

p10100123oz.th.jpg

and I figured that it wasn't worth scanning since it's just two pages of blue and a kid in a suit. But, uh, do you still want it?

Also my brother claims that issue 177, this issue

p10100117bn.th.jpg

has four different covers (three other than that one) since there are four different characters in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals. Is there any truth to this?

yes, volume 177 has 4 different covers, there are a few issues with multiple covers...in any case, good work so far...! I have already put together a bunch of missing posters, etc from the big torrent, which is basically over 200 pages worth...!, posters, inside covers, back covers, front covers, and so on...if I can implement your scans into this set as well..it will go a long way in minimizing any confusion of a "fix" to the big set!

• 6 years later...

I don't know which issues these are from but I have these posters (all in good conditon only a couple have bent corners. its not that noticeable when you open them):
Star Wars the Clone Wars
Star Wars Rebel Strike Rouge Squadron III
Megaman Network Transmission
Hot Wheels interactive Velovity/ Scooby-Doo Night Of 100 Frights
Mario Party 5 (Mario for president)
Justice League In Justice For All/ Dr. Muto

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
First ones to claim them will get them I will not scan them. Thank you