Got a large collection of semi videogame-related magazines

celebi23

So, I started going through some boxes in my basement and found a ton of old Disney Adventures, Nick Magazines, Wizard Magazine, comic books & Sports Illustrated for Kids. They're all from about 1993/1994 to about 1998/1999. My question is does the site need video game advertisements from those magazines? I noticed the advertisements section of the forum & figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I figured I'd ask before going through them all trying to find video game ads. :P

edit: If I do end up scanning them, I'll just use this topic to post them. Sorry that I didn't see that the What Magazines Have You Got? topic. :unsure: If a Mod wants to lock/delete this topic, feel free. Sorry again :unsure:

Edited by celebi23

This is an issue that hasn't been addressed thoroughly. We used to upload these advertisements to the Retromags wiki page and then hotlink them to the appropriate advertisement section. This technique has been abolished in favor of another method.

Follow the link in our banner that says gallery where you will find sections for magazine covers, advertisements and miscellaneous photos. You can upload the photos here if it isn't already in the advertisement section or if you have a different ad for the same game on the same platform. We haven't touched many comic book ads that I'm aware of but I always thought this would be a great place to start.

Once you have the image uploaded into the gallery, you can start a new thread for the game on the main forum under the appropriate heading in advertisements. Be sure not to start a duplicate thread. You can do this by filtering the page to sort threads alphabetically to make it easier. Look at the bottom of a forum page to find the link that says "Click here to show filter options".

Also take a read of Phillyman's most recent update about these matters.