This site is useless! fix the mag downloads!

magazine_guy7

okay, This is the second time in months where I have come to this site to download some magazines and it wont let me.

This site still hasnt fixed the magazine downloads!!!

This website is ABSOLUTELY USELESS WITHOUT MAGAZINE DOWNLOADS!!!! RIGHT NOW ITS JUST A WASTE OF SERVER SPACE!!!

FIX THE MAGAZINE DOWNLOADS :::ASAP:::::!!!! UNTIL THEN, THIS SITE IS F'ING USELESS RIGHT NOW!!!!

• Downvote 3

okay, This is the second time in months where I have come to this site to download some magazines and it wont let me.

This website is ABSOLUTELY USELESS WITHOUT MAGAZINE DOWNLOADS!!!! RIGHT NOW ITS JUST A WASTE OF SERVER SPACE!!!

FIX THE MAGAZINE DOWNLOADS :::ASAP:::::!!!! UNTIL THEN, THIS SITE IS F'ING USELESS RIGHT NOW!!!!

On top of all this BS, this site has the audacity to give only give download priveledges to people who upload

magazines. The f'ed up thing about this is there are more people who want to download magazines then there are

retro magazines to upload. Think about it, its some kind of scam.

And then, they contradict themselves by turning around and saying "oh, we dont accept anymore donations"...

So then it must be intentional that no one can download magazines. How useless this site is!!!!!

• Downvote 4

To be honest if you just wish to leech mags and contribute nothing in return towards preserving them, nor contribute to the site in any way other than moaning about not being able to download then this site is definitely NOT for you. As such it may be better for you to go look for sites with torrents etc where you can leech to your heart's content.

There are indeed magazines able to be downloaded as most people here could probably attest to. All my contributions have Rapidshare or Megaupload links for freeloaders like yourself for instance but due to reasons beyond the Admin's control most other Rapidshare links were deleted and we are in the process of getting them re-upped at this time. That won't happen though just because you join the site and your first two posts here are just a bitch-rant.... if anything those comments would give anyone on any site a reason not to go any faster.

What do you care about server space? Your not paying for it.

The downloads will be fixed when they get fixed.

If you are referring to the RapidShare links, yes, they have been down for months. However, magazine downloads work just fine for those who have the sufficient post count or contribute to the site. Last time I checked it was 5 or 10 (though this may have changed). However, I think we also instituted a rule that says for every crybaby post, that deducts 10 from your post count. Nicely done, you have -20 now.

Although I can relate to your frustration, this site exists because of those who contribute to it. Whether it's by making posts, uploading magazines or otherwise. If all you want to do is complain, you won't get anything.

Although I can relate to your frustration, this site exists because of those who contribute to it. Whether it's by making posts, uploading magazines or otherwise. If all you want to do is complain, you won't get anything.

Agreed.

There are plenty of sites out there hosting torrent files for magazine collections for those wanting to just grab and run. This site is geared towards those wanting to contribute in some way, not towards freeloaders. In saying that though, until the former Admin member here who was hosting the Rapidshare links took them down when he 'left' we had most files available here for said leechers. We have recently acquired a Megaupload account but the Admin for the site has been unwell recently and things are a little slow at present as a result.

In other words ... patience is a virtue. If you aren't prepared to contribute the price is that you will have to wait for progress on the re-upload front.

• Retromags Curator

Hello there, Welcome to Retromags!

Seriously, the reason why the links are down is out of my control. The downloads were hosted on a Rapidshare account that was not owned by myself or the Retromags website. While I do not have a Rapidshare account to reupload them to, I do however have a MegaUpload account. So now your asking why I have not replaced out the links????

Its because it's not worth my time at this point. The software developers of our Download Manager have announced that the next version will have Mirror support. Why would I go and edit 500+ magazines in the Download Manager, when in a month or so I will have to just redo it for the Mirror support? So at this time I am holding off until the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you will just have to wait a bit longer.

The message bellow was posted on October 21st, so we should be expecting it by December 21st?

Development for IP.Downloads 2.1 is well underway and we wanted to take a moment to highlight the new features you should expect to see in the next release of IP.Downloads. These features have largely been decided upon based on suggestions in our feedback forum.

Friendly URLs

IP.Downloads 2.1 will feature friendly urls for the main index page, category view pages, file view pages, and downloading files.

Resume Breakpoints Toggle

Some customers have requested the ability to turn off IP.Download's capability of downloading files in "parts" (this is primarily used by download accelerators that request multiple pieces of a file simultaneously). There will be a setting in IP.Downloads 2.1 to disable this functionality.

Global Settings vs Per-Category Settings

Some per-category settings (specifically: max file size and screenshot dimension settings) can now be configured globally as well. Once a global setting is set, if you do not specify the fields when configuring your categories, the global option will be used instead. This will allow you to more easily control some common settings quickly for your entire IP.Download installation, while still allowing for finer-grained per-category control should you need it.

Download Sessions

IP.Downloads already supports download sessions (which are used to track the number of simultaneous downloads a user has going). We will be expanding upon this to allow for download session urls. When a user requests to download a file, a unique link will be generated and this url will be used to download the file. Once complete, this unique url will be discarded. This feature will help prevent users from sharing direct download urls, and instead require users to visit the file information page before the download will commence.

Major changes to file storage

Presently, IP.Downloads allows you to upload (or link to) a single file and a single screenshot with each record. While generally this works well, many customers need the ability to support more than one file or screenshot for each record. We will be changing how files are stored within the system to accommodate some new features that are not presently possible. These features include:

Use of the flash uploader for file uploads. This will allow for multiple simultaneous file uploads, as well as progress-bar support, when uploading files.

Multiple files per file record. For instance, you might submit "My Home Movie", and then upload "movie.part1", "movie.part2", and "movie.part3" to break your movie into multiple pieces.

Mirror support. Along with multiple physical files, you will be able to submit multiple urls, providing for built in mirror support by linking to copies of the download hosted elsewhere.

Multiple screenshots per record

Thinking beyond the above features, you will be able to use the mirror support functionality for other things as well. For instance, you could submit links to "Related Tools", "Required Files", or "User-Contributed Files". By allowing multiple files and links per record, you will have a lot more control over the grouping of your files and how they are presented to your users.

We believe the above features represent the most requested and most needed features for IP.Downloads, and hope that our customers will be able to benefit from the new functionality. We will post another blog update later on when IP.Downloads 2.1 is ready for beta testing, as well as blog updates about our other applications in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

• Retromags Curator

Yesterday the new Download manager went into Beta testing, should be soon that we get a stable release that I can install here.

Beta Releases For IP.Blog, IP.Gallery and IP.Downloads Available

We're pleased to announce that we've just released betas for our applications. These releases are compatible with IP.Board 3.0.5. If you are running an older version, please upgrade to the very latest version first.

Major New Features In Gallery

Friendly Urls

Image Notes

Improved Slideshow

Profile Picture Album

Sub Albums

Category and Album Covers

Friends Only Albums

Reputation Support

Interface Improvements

More information: http://community.inv...now-in-testing/

Major New Features In Downloads

Friendly Urls

Resume Breakpoints Toggle

Per Category Settings

Download Sessions

Storage Improvements

More information: http://community.inv...-Downloads-2-1/

Major New Features In Blog

Efficiency Improvements

Categories

Interface Improvements

List View Returns

RSS Imports

Banish Entries

Admin CP Improvements

More information: http://community.inv...lopment-update/

Downloading

You can download these betas if you have an active license for the products in the client area under 'Development Releases' in the 'Your Downloads' section.

As this is a beta release there will be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.

Technical support is not available for this beta software.

Do not use this software on a public install. Wait for the final series for your public installs.

In general, only download and participate in the beta test if you are comfortable working with beta software.

WTF does that mean?

You're implying that I don't contribute & I'm useless? That coming from someone who probably donated just to download while giving nothing back other than a one off donation?

Well ..... the uploading of my mags here has just been stopped dead in its tracks.

Thank you .... GOODBYE!!!!

Hold up a sec Kiwi. Jimmy was most certainly referring to the original poster. No need to get upset. I'm sure Jimmy can confirm this.

Yea, it was aimed at the original poster. I apologize for the confusion. I usually don't use the quote button.

You, Kiwi, are a friend and wonderful contributor to the site. smile.gif

Sorry for jumping to wrong conclusions Jimmy. Been trying to push stuff through so everyone here has something interesting to read over Xmas break & was scanning/editing two more mags until late last night. Needless to say a tad bit tired this morning.

Tired = irritable when you're as old as me so I guess I simply lost the plot on this one. Now I know what burn-out means ....

Sorry for jumping to wrong conclusions Jimmy. Been trying to push stuff through so everyone here has something interesting to read over Xmas break & was scanning/editing two more mags until late last night. Needless to say a tad bit tired this morning.

Tired = irritable when you're as old as me so I guess I simply lost the plot on this one. Now I know what burn-out means ....

It's no problem, man. I've been experiencing that for tewo weeks now. Even right now in fact.