Collectorz Game Collector

Data

If you have a large catalog of games it would be nice to have a list of all the titles. It would be even nicer if you could organize all the titles by game system and look at the box shots. You could start your own database and take months doing or you could use Collectorz Game Collector to do the work for you. Now obviously a program won't know what games you have if you don't tell it. Well if you have a store with multiple copies of games you could use a barcode scanner to get the information stored at a good speed. If you ever have a fire or theft this is your chance to make an easy insurance claim.

For the hobbyist like me, you can click a checkbox next to the games that are most popular and add them to your database and type in the rest of the titles. The program downloads the covers to your hard drive so when you save the database, all that info will be stored in one file so you could open it on another computer.

Collectorz has a line up of great database software for you to choose from not limited to Game Collector, there is Movie Collector, Book Collector, Comic Collector, Music Collector, MP3 Collector and Photo Collector.

68193888.png81056612.png

I second this. I have used these programs for quite some time and I can vouch for just how helpful they are, especially when a collection gets large. They are tremendously helpful and out of all of the collection software programs I have tried, Collecterz's software is the most robust and easiest to work with. I think the most helpful of all is the ability to work with a barcode scanner, which can collect all the information from the barcode alone, rather than having to enter in all of the information by hand. They have their own handheld USB scanner available which can store about a hundred barcodes so you don't have to sit at your computer to scan them, then just upload when you're ready. Very handy! ~heh~ I sound like a commercial! But really, I can't emphasize enough how helpful these programs are.

• 3 months later...

I found another one called mediaman (http://www.imediaman.com/), it has a 30 day trial. I've tried it and it seems to work pretty well, has barcode scanner support either by a barcode scanner or webcam. I would get it if it wasn't $40, but works reasonably well. Another one i wish i could try is Delicious Library (http://delicious-monster.com/) but its only for the mac.

You could try Book Collector and Comic Collector. They probably don't have all the data on old game magazines but you can create a category for each title and keep your collection organized. With a little work and what what Retromags has already, you could have all the information and screenshots you need.

You could try Book Collector and Comic Collector. They probably don't have all the data on old game magazines but you can create a category for each title and keep your collection organized. With a little work and what what Retromags has already, you could have all the information and screenshots you need.

Maybe I'll look into that, would anyone else be interested?