My Nintendo Power Scan Status...

KMFDManic

currently around 70 percent of the scans within the mass torrent that is posted were scanned by me...

now then...I am also filling in the blanks, one by one scanning missing issues as well as any posters that weren't included in the torrent...

I really need the posters for the following issues...

08=dont have at all

90=dont have at all

92=dont have at all

you can either aim me at KMFDManic or email me at KMFDManic ...anyone helping with these 3 above posters will get a few unreleased scans from me...!

as far as what I still have left to scan...here it is in a summary...

magazine gaps

148-176

poster gaps

Missing Posters

08=dont have at all

90=dont have at all

92=dont have at all

note, the posters are not very hard to do at all, it typically takes me 2-3 minutes per issue to do the front and backsides...as for the issues, that can take anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hours each since I always do them manually and carefully...I generally do one-two issues a day...

so, then, many of you are enjoying the massive torrent of issues that come from the scanners...

Dstry420

fusoya

KMFDManic=me, of course! :)

Phillyman

so, lend a small hand in filling the blanks on these posters I need...again, volumes 8, 90, and 92!

and, it will be most appreciated...as I said, I will personally hand you some great unreleased scans for the help...

since this message is longer than I intended...aim again is KMFDManic email again is KMFDManic@comcast.net

looking forward to any response!

at this point, I've scanned all of the NP's that I own (issues 8, 44-63 except for 60, as well as a number of supplements, posters, and guides), but I am still making myself useful by making a brand new Nintendo Power index. Some of you may have seen my old index which is buried somewhere on this site, but the new one covers EVERYTHING, and lists games/features by issue # and page #, including all of those games that showed up in Pak Watch but were never released, or were renamed (Jump Burger, California Raisins, 40 Winks, etc).

As you can imagine, this is a huge project, so it'll be a while before it is complete, but it will be well worth the time and effort put into it!

I physically own every issue from 136 on (save 138 & 140), except some of them are in rough condition and I don't know where some of the most recent issues are since they arrived while I was at college and God only knows what my brother did with them.

So I can help with some of the posters and most of the magazine gaps.

But, doesn't the main administrator of this site only want issues that are five years old or older? (Which is what the torrent is up to.)

what are you making the list in, fusoya? is it going to be a database type of thing or just a big huge text file? i can lend a hand if you need any help with that.

I'm using notepad for now. Data management was my concentration with my MIS degree, but I've found in some situations, Ctrl+F is the best lookup method.

• Retromags Curator
But, doesn't the main administrator of this site only want issues that are five years old or older? (Which is what the torrent is up to.)

Yes ....This site will not release any mags that fall outside of the 5 year rule ......I want people to concentrate on older magazines.......No reason to piss off Nintendo , EGM , Gamepro by releasing out mags that they still have for Backorder

I think Phillyman's looking to get his hands on whatever he can and whatever is made public may only be limited to the five-years-and-older.

I had some guy submitting a magazine from 3 months ago ......and i stopped the FTP transfer and kindly told him that it would not be accepted

just an update to my status again...

I have now added fun club vol 3 to my set...its complete, and someone was kind enough to digitally cam pics of the pages for me...for a small paypal fee of course!

in any case,,,my posters left to scan now are...

Missing Posters

08=dont have at all

90=dont have at all

92=dont have at all

as you can see, I completed quite a few of these today in my spare time...I next plan to start scanning volumes 148-176, as those are more important to me after the fact that ive gotten the majority of posters out of the way, before vol 148! just those 3 pesky posters I am completely missing hold me back...be sure to u2u me if you can obtain or scan the vol 8, 90, or 92 posters!

Maybe Phillyman is onto something....Nintendo can rely on Retromags to fill all their backorders for magazines to customers, and Nintendo can save money by not having to stockpile magazines in a warehouse somewhere, and can pass the savings on to the customer on the Wii console with cheaper games!!

"Save a tree...download a Retromag!"

Makes sense..doesn't it? ;)

• Retromags Curator
Maybe Phillyman is onto something....Nintendo can rely on Retromags to fill all their backorders for magazines to customers, and Nintendo can save money by not having to stockpile magazines in a warehouse somewhere, and can pass the savings on to the customer on the Wii console with cheaper games!!

"Save a tree...download a Retromag!"

Makes sense..doesn't it? ;)

Actually Nintendo probably already has all there magazines in Electronic format .....they would be wise to say bundle the first 10-15 years on a DVD and make it available from there website

I would pay $30-$40 for a Perfect Electronic Copy of the first 15 years

But until then .....SCAN ON!

PSM is next on the chopping block ......i have almost every issue made :D

• 2 weeks later...