EGM, GamePro, CGW, PC Gamer, PC Gamer magazines

My wife finally put down her foot with my magazine hoarding. She said they have to be gone by the end of the year. I know there is no way I can scan all of it and I just don't have the time to do much contributing.

I don't really have prices set, so make me an offer. I don't want to just throw them all out, but I also don't want to deal with Ebay and selling single magazines. Making $2 off a few magazines here and there just isn't worth the time and hassle. Plus, I just don't like Ebay. I have listed all the magazines on my local Craigslist and haven't had any serious offers. I would prefer to have someone local pick them up, but mailing them out is better than throwing them out. Worst case if I can get enough for postage, whoever wants to pay it will get the magazines.

NOTE: 5/07/10 I've updated the list to reflect those magazines that have already been sold and mailed out. There are a few still reserved, but the rest are fair game.

Reserved

EGM

]2001 - Apr

2001 - May

2005 - Oct

Nintendo Power

1991 - Dec

Computer Gaming World

2001 - Feb

2001 - Mar

2001 - Apr

2001 - May

2005 - July/Aug

PC Gamer

1998 - Nov

1998 - Dec

1999 - Aug

1999 - Sept

2005 - Feb

2005 - Dec

2006 - Jan

PC Games

1998 - Apr

1998 - July/Aug

1998 - Sept

1998 - Nov

1998 - Dec

1999 - Feb

1999 - Apr

1999 - Jan

Game Informer

2005 - Feb

2006 - Jan

2006 - Feb

2006 - May

2006 - July

2006 - Oct

2007 - Mar

Hardcore Gamer

2007 - Dec

GamePro

1992 - June

1993 - Feb

1997 - Jan

1997 - June

1997 - Aug

1997 - Sept

1997 - Nov

1997 - Dec

1998 - March

1998 - June

1998 - Sept

1998 - Dec

1999 - Feb

1999 - Mar

1999 - Apr

1999 - May

1999 - June

1999 - July

1999 - Aug

1999 - Oct

1999 - Nov

1999 - Dec

2000 - Feb

2000 - Mar

2000 - Apr

2000 - May

2000 - June

2000 - July

2001 - Apr

2001 - July

2002 - July

2002 - Oct

2002 - Nov

2002 - Dec

2003 - Jan

2003 - Feb

2003 - Mar

2003 - Apr

2003 - Oct

2003 - Nov

2003 - Dec

2004 - Feb

2004 - Sept

2004 - Oct

2004 - Nov

2004 - Dec

2005 - Jan

2005 - Feb

2005 - Mar

2005 - June

2005 - Sept

2005 - Nov

2005 - Dec

2006 - Jan

2006 - Feb

2006 - Mar

2006 - Apr

2006 - May

2006 - June

2006 - Oct

2008 - Sept

2008 - Oct

2008 - Nov

2008 - Dec

2009 - Jan

2009 - Feb

2009 - Mar

2009 - Dec

I'm sure you would get some offers around here. You could get rid of those fast if you advertised on Ebay with no reserve and split them into categories by mag title.

It's too bad you can't work anything out. Maybe you could tell her to get rid of her shoes or something or she's out by the end of the year. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I did. The sad thing is that lately the GamePros have both been extremely thin (~80 pages) and lacking any good content. One thing I loved about the older magazines is they were filled with tons of reviews. Nowadays, the magazine consists of 4 or 5 page in-depth articles about games that don't really interest me and 2-5 reviews. That's it, 2-5 reviews. They also have gotten rid of most of the small regular sections that I loved. Unfortunately, I am on the fence about whether I should let my subscription lapse next January.

However, this just makes my enthusiasm about the RetroMags project that much greater. I can now see myself in a year or 2 sitting on the couch with an Ipad looking over old magazines :)

I'm actually getting all these, and I'll be pretty darn close to a full set once I do. I need replacement copies of 1 and 2 (mine are coverless/missing pages), a couple random stragglers (anyone have a spare #24, with the Rocketeer cover?) and most of the newer ones, but they shouldn't be too hard.

• Retromags Curator

I did. The sad thing is that lately the GamePros have both been extremely thin (~80 pages) and lacking any good content. One thing I loved about the older magazines is they were filled with tons of reviews. Nowadays, the magazine consists of 4 or 5 page in-depth articles about games that don't really interest me and 2-5 reviews. That's it, 2-5 reviews. They also have gotten rid of most of the small regular sections that I loved. Unfortunately, I am on the fence about whether I should let my subscription lapse next January.

However, this just makes my enthusiasm about the RetroMags project that much greater. I can now see myself in a year or 2 sitting on the couch with an Ipad looking over old magazines :)

I'm with you on that. I think the last couple issues got up to 92 pages. Issues in the middle of the summer in the 90s were thicker than what we get at the holidays now. As far as the content, my favourite section in the magazine now is the calendar they have since their Parting Shot no longer looks at a past issue. Pretty sad. They have op-ed pieces from people in the "industry" that I don't care about, usually writing about something I don't care about, big features on games that I don't care about (almost always a shooter of some sort), and barely any reviews. Even fewer when Tae K Kim writes a review, since his reviews are usually not reviews, but whining and repeating the same thing over and over instead of talking about how the game plays. The redesign of the magazine has made the magazine less interesting to me.

I am also unsure if I should let my subscription finish at the start of next year. On one hand, I want to support printed game magazines, especially ones I read growing up. But on the other hand I don't feel like spending money on a boring magazine. Darn world wide web, ruining the magazines. I am curious as to how EGM will be. It should be arriving in my mailbox soon.

The lameness of most game magazines makes me wish there was a Retro Gamer magazine in North America, and it makes me wish I had the means of starting such a magazine.

Thanks for reminding me! I forgot to mark them back to all "Reserved". Haha, I should have waited for your PM before changing them back to available. That's what I get for being impatient :)

My fault for not getting back to you quick enough. Don't worry, I'll reply to this latest PM very soon with the information you asked about. Just started a new job that really consumes my days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Josh

I am looking to purchase/obtain Electronic Gaming Monthly issue 243 January 2011. This issue features Deus Ex Human Revolution on the cover. I have tried Ebay, CraigsList, and several other auction sites aswell as contacting EGM Media Group and I have been unable to find a way to purchase it. If you have it (and without any missing pages) please PM me.