Thepiratebay.org Raided - Servers Seized

MBJ

Oh man :unsure:

It says it's going to come back to life in a day or two. We shall see. :(

I think I used their site for maybe 5 torrents, and it was always a "fingers crossed" and hope you get the files before all the seeders screw off on you. Knowing how sites like that operate, they most likely have the backup server off-site and will just turn it on after they re-locate to another facility.

It's akin to a drug dealer moving to a different corner of the avenue...your fix is still there you just gotta walk a bit farther. :rolleyes:

I still prefer Usenet, I've been using it for almost 7 years now and its gets everything I want/need. I'm sure the learning curve is a bit steep at first but once you understand how it works and get yourself a good premium news provider, you're set.

The Pirate Bay guys are confident that they will win the case. They are even looking forward to compensation :D

I always enjoyed thier replys to the cease and desist letters :lol:

always a good laugh :D

this could be a pretty big deal either way it ends up: they get off free, or if they get fined or something.

i'll never forget the day i logged on to my trusty suprnova and it said it was down and never coming back. very disappointing at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MBJ: Send me an invite, I can PM you my e-mail if you remind me.

I'm in the category that Eggman is ... for general purpose, Usenet is still great. But, with as specialized as emulation collecting is getting, torrents are helping with that.

Good communities are helping too, and I need to get an Eggman order in, he helps too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's funny to me is how the pirate bay is all stripped down of alot of torrents now, but torrent search sites that weren't that popular have now increased traffic. People will just move around, it's not as if they're going to be able to stamp it out entirely. If they decide to monitor traffic at the service providers, we'll go encrypted, sandwiching our file-sharing data in the middle of home-movies exchanges or something.