NBA Jam Extreme

Areala

• Retromags Curator

Retromags Presents!

NBA Jam Extreme

gallery_8883_37_454575.jpg

Do you have other variations of this advertisement? Feel free to submit them in this thread!

Conversations about this game or advertisement are also welcome in this thread :)

• 6 years later...

I've never heard of this version of NBA Jam at all. Sounds like I'm not missing much. I'd still like to try it just to gain a better appreciation of the originals.

Scratch that, that's simply not possible. :lol:

this version is news to me also.

i recently picked up a hacked NBA Jam for the SNES that includes Jordan, Shaq, and Magic Johnson, and complete 1992-1993 (or is it 93-94?) rosters. it's pretty awesome.

I don't care for most sports (and by extension, most sports games) in general but man, NBA Jam was the shit. That was probably my second-favorite game of 1994. I was really excited for the remake (which, I'm assuming, is the very game in this thread) until I read that you couldn't play online co-op. Who makes an NBA Jam game in the 2010s and leaves out online co-op?

• Retromags Curator

I don't care for most sports (and by extension, most sports games) in general but man, NBA Jam was the shit. That was probably my second-favorite game of 1994. I was really excited for the remake (which, I'm assuming, is the very game in this thread) until I read that you couldn't play online co-op. Who makes an NBA Jam game in the 2010s and leaves out online co-op?

NBA Jam Extreme was a 1996 arcade (and later PS1 and Saturn) sequel to the original game. It...wasn't very good. I've no idea about the new Jam game, though it does seem odd they would make it offline-only when it came to co-op play since every other game does it the other way. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Oh right, I guess if I looked closer at the ad there I'd see that it was for Windows 95, of all things. I wasn't even aware of that game then, I thought that the only one from around that time was NBA Hangtime.

I think the remake was simply called NBA Jam. Or maybe it had a different adjective like "NBA Jam Radikal" or "NBA Jam Scrumptious" or "NBA Sweet, Sweet Black Tar Heroin Straight Into Your Veins" or whatever other soulless buzzword companies like to attach to things these days.

it was, in fact, simply titled "NBA Jam". although "NBA Jam: Heroin in Your Veins Edition" would be pretty legit.

but speaking of NBA Hangtime, man, that game was the shit. my friends and i all made our own custom characters, and the 4 of us would take turns to make it all the way through a perfect season. this would be like a week-long endeavor, since if/when we lost a game we'd have to reset and play that game again until we won. i don't think we ever made it because the n64 memory cards always seemed to be unreadable at some point and you'd have to start over.

• Like 1